Reviews for Message Number 39
fiesa chapter 1 . 2/2/2010

Although I really, really like this story, it made me sad, somehow...

Especially the last sentences were at fault. We know - and Padme knows - that Anakin really loves her, but somehow, even though message No 39 was a love-letter, it still caused sadness. Communicating can be so hard - for the person talking/writing as well as for the person on the receiving end. I really wish he would just once send a short message containing the words Padme wants to hear.

I really like this story because it doesnt change Anakins or Padmes character from the ones I know from the movies and various books, and it captures the characters emotions and actions between the movies very well. Reading this story, I once again wish their destiny could be changed...
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Oh Anakin. It's so sweet that he's looking out for Padme, but I'm a bit concerned at how he's going about doing it. But still, to Anakin actions speak louder than words, and this is probably one of the most romantic love letters Padme can expect. Nice story!
Vader's Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Very nice. There's not many authors who can capture Anakin and Padme's love with the dark undertones that flow here.

"All she really had wanted was a single unencumbered “I love you.”... instead she would be awake all night worrying about the number of arms that had been twisted to make her life easier; about how many people had been trodden down to raise her up."

Anakin always wants to prove his love, while she want him to understand she doesn't need any more.

I really don't have the words to appreciate this story properly.

BetaReject chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Wow what I loved about this tale is that it on the surface appears as another endearing love story but the more you read it the more you realize the chilling undertones that it carries.
LaPapillion chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Interesting; I could really sympathize with Padme's frustration on Anakin's sparce communication.
benign intent chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
geo3, I should have reviewed "Brother, Mine" and I didn't, though I liked it. /This/ story, though only a slight fraction of its length, packs so much poingnancy in its words I couldn't not comment. Anakin's love for his family was truly his greatest constant, which you show so VERY well in both of your stories I've read. My thanks and compliments for such heart-touching writing.
val solo chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
Oh, I like this! She realizes that he's succumbing to the temptation of power, but still struggling with her love for him. Very nicely written. :)
infinitykat chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
asianchic510 chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Yippie! Didn't expect another story for a while. Lovely little vignette. :) Only Anakin could deliver a great love letter in so little words. Thanks. _
Nubian Queen chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Ah, if only they were from my universe, I'd say that this is a classic example of "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus"! Anakin, in typical male fashion (whatever galaxy they're from!), showed his love in action, rather than the words we women seem to always need to hear.
This was a wonderful little vignette. I hope we get to look forward to some more, now that your longer story is complete. Keep up the glorious work!
Sincerely, The Nubian Queen
Quibily chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Well, I've praised you every other way I can think of . . . :)
That was definitely a solid 'I love you,' if you ask me! ;)