Reviews for She Who Talks With Wolves
Chris chapter 4 . 7/8/2005
I enjoyed the book very much. However, I think (as some one who hasn't read all the books) you could have explained the general characters(ex: Aes Sedai) so that readers could enjoy the book to the maximum. Keep writing, it's very good!

Chris
Rui Costa chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
There is no evidence on the books for or against women becoming wolfsisters, nor that they cannot channel. Indeed, the only place that talks about it is in the Wheel of Time D20 RPG book, and it states that women *rarely* hear the call of the wolves... but they CAN.

Further, there is no mention in the Wolfbrother PRC about not being able to take it with Wilder/Initiate levels, implying it's independant from channeling. Therefore, unless RJ himself states otherwise, this Aes Sedai could've become a wolfsister. (I play a character that is a wolfsister wilder, and I've never had anyone complain to me that it was against the books in any way)

There is, however, a big flaw on the first chapter.

All of her senses were heightened to a point where she could see far beyond that of any human, and that was without the use of saidar. With it she could see half the distance to Tar Valon! But here, in this town, she couldn’t even feel the source. It was as if something inside her was missing. The ward against channeling was why the whitecloaks were willing to go after her like this. They wouldn’t have dared to even try when she could channel to defend herself.

It's plainly obvious the town is Ebou Dar from earlier actions... however, this paragraph is really screwed up for two reasons!...

First of all, even with a RADAR you cannot go around the fact the earth is round. You do NOT have line of sight even a quarter of the way to TV, no matter how good your eyes are. Why do you think there are AWACs? (big planes with radars mounted on them) Because they can go around the line of sight problem to a degree, by "looking" from high altitude...

The second... erm, Ebou Dar and Ward against Channeling? Hello? Certainly you mean Far Madding? Where Whitecloaks' swords would be peace-bonded, too, I don't think Far Madding authorities allow ANYONE inside armed... and it's not clear at all how she was rescued by wolves when not long before you were talking about how she was running through the city's streets. Wolves don't get close to towns/cities.

Other than those problems, however, which can be corrected with a revision, it looks good.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 3 . 12/8/2004
Please please please please update! I am desperate for more! Besides... TO THE GUY WHO SAID YOUR STORY DOESN'T WORK I WILL ALSO HAVE A WOLF SISTER IN MY STORY! SEX-IST! Ahem... ANYWAY I am ranting. I love your story!

Please update soon! Oh yes... my wolf sister is a channeler... as well... I'm being honest when I say coincidence! The stroy's called watching your tongue if you want to make sure... I am really paranoid right now... I'm messed...
EpitomyofShyness chapter 4 . 12/4/2004
Please update!
Alphaweapon chapter 3 . 4/25/2004
Very interesting story, so please update soon.
*comment:didn't the wolves refer to half-men as "never born" or something like that? .
charlie-duck chapter 3 . 3/13/2004
Oh, I like it! Write more!
AUTHOR SPEAKING chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Ok, thanks for all the reviews so far. Stella, to answer your question, there are answers in the next chapters authors notes. And to the person who said that women can't be wolf-sister and that they can't be aes sedai, I say that just because tho only people that we know of so far who CAN talk to wolves are male, doesn't mean that all of them are. And who are you to say that aes sedai can't be wolf-sisters? Does it specifically say that somewhere in the book? I didn't think so. And anyway, this is fan fiction, key word, FICTION. Besides these 3 MAJOR pionts, you might have a real arguement. Sorry if this sounded too harsh, but I had to get it off my chest.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
first of all women cannot become wolf-sisters. second neither can aes sedai. would be good except for those two MAJOR points
Ranma-41 chapter 3 . 2/23/2004
This is a great story. Please continue updating.
Stella chapter 3 . 2/23/2004
Hey,
This story looks good! _
There are a few mistakes/points I'm not sure about...can you explain please? _
-All her energy was directed on the Fade; if she could kill him, then the trollocs might be confused and run away. *Wouldn't the trollocs be "joined"(I forgot the word Jordan uses) to the Fade? And so die when he dies?*
-All the trollocs grouped behind awaiting a signal from their leader.*Trollocs just kill...don't they? They don't wait unless ordered to.*
-We must protect our wolf sister, only one of her kind since the time when all of man ran with wolves.*There's Perrin and Elyas and the crazy guy in one of the books.*
-After she was healed, the horse cautiously approached and Kamar gently stroked its muzzle, soothing her after the fright. *Isn't the horse a stalion...not a "she"?*

Well...I hope I wasn't annoying with all my questions..._ Your story is really amazing!
Keep writing...
ckk chapter 3 . 2/22/2004
hi i am reviewing again glad you updated please update again
Barra the Bard chapter 2 . 2/20/2004
Hi! I like this so far; did you write more? Where is it?
Just a couple of suggestion-you mention that she had no idea of what the big trees were in the wood on the edge of Tar Valon. If she is full Aes Sedai, I think that she would know that it is an Ogier grove, whether or not she had spent much time in it. It might help if you mentioned how she knew of Perrin Goldeneyes, since my impression from reading the books is that few of the non-Black Ajah knew of him, although they did know about Rand. What Ajah is she, besides not being Brown?
I'm looking forward to reading more of this!
-Barra
ckk chapter 2 . 2/19/2004
very good please update
Eddie chapter 2 . 2/16/2004
Hm... you have left us hanging and dying for the next installment... the introduction of Perrin is a really good suspense attribute to add to the plot... well done once again!
andea chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
Hey Chelsea. I liked it a lot. It will be cool to find out what happens next.
Maybe you could add some details about why she is so disgusted by wolves. Kamar says Light an awful lot.
Did they really try to gentle Elyas? Over all though, I really like it.