Reviews for Pasteboard Valentines
Chromatic chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
I've always wondered what the cards would have been like, being Clow's creations and having such distinct personalities of their own..thanks for filling in this blank for me! Definitely an enjoyable read. )
Mew Frost chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Calvin and Hobbes was shield and sword(CALVINBALL!), and im PRETTY SURE the shakespeare play was mirror. dunno which tho... ah, was the grinch firey and jump? and... LOTR... was it Light and Dark? anywho, it was pretty nice. ja ne!

~Mew Frost~
Aeriol chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
Okay. Calvin and Hobbes: the tickle torture. The Grinch: "Fiery has a wonderful, awful idea", quote from the Grinch. Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet (at least I think so), Mirror's reading it. And Lord of the Rings: maybe, Fly and Windy's relationship? something else? I don't know. Good fic, cute idea. There aren't enough fics "by" the cards.
Bob D. Girl chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
Teehee! Very nice, and very original! Great pairings, as well... I admit, I'd never have thought of Fire and Jump. Hmm... I understand the Calvinball, and I believe the lines are from Twelth Night, but I'm afraid the other two are lost on me. ... Ugh, which is kinda pathetic, since I've read LOTR.. Eh, I suppose I'm just oblivious. Anyway, quite well done and creative, just what I needed.
butterflydreaming chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
I liked this one so much, I'm putting it on my favorites! What an unexpected, original, and clever Valentine's Day story! I giggled at Sword and Shield, and just loved the Shakespeare snippets. Kudos!
Laurus Nobilis chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Aww, that was lovely! The Cards deserve some loving just like everyone else. :)
My favorite scene was the one with Wood and Flower, probably because I'm into Greek mythology too...
I can only name the reference to LotR- "...not caring that that they are in the sight of many, and their hair, ebony and silver, blows in the breeze" Ah, Faramir/Éowyn... *sigh*
TamChronin chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Ha! I knew they were playing Calvinball! If I remember my Shakespeare, the play is "Twelfth Night". I somehow missed the Grinch and LOTR references though. ~pouts~ Oh well, I'll make due with my set of Clow Cards if you'll just kindly hand over the chocolate. hehe
Oh...I'm *so* not stressed about the "rules" of the fic. They're more what you'd call "guidelines" than "rules". As long as it gets people to write something unique, I'm all for bending the rules. ~grins~ And...I'm glad you went over on the word count too. hehehe