Reviews for A Series of Unlikely Events
KlutzyGirl chapter 10 . 8/2/2004
I love this fic! Not too long and not too short. I have to say, I really enjoyed both endings. Even though the alternate ending part seems a little short I have to say, it was really well written, and I might even say, powerful. I loved the end, where Geraldine throws away the picture and says goodbye. To me that was pretty powerful, and the paragraph where Crocker is content with him getting fired was really good too. But I have to say, I'm a sucker for happy endings. I just wished for the happy ending, you would have wrote what they thought of each other now after they went their own ways. To me, it didn't feel complete as the alternate ending. I'm so glad I convinced you to do this! I'm sorry about the flame though. Anyway, I love your writing, you're very good. Keep up the good work. If I happen to stubble upon another one of you great fics, I'll be glad to read and review! Toodles!
KlutzyGirl chapter 7 . 8/2/2004
Hi again! I was planning on reviewing again on your final chap but I was wondering about the 'flames suck' thing was about? I don't mean to pry, but I'm just curious. And the death threats from that guy, isn't there a way to report that to the people or something? God! What the hell is up with that! These are just harmless stories mad by fans, no need to get worked up and start threatning people. And I bet that was scary for you when you were 12.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave this review on a cheery note! Another great chapter and I love the comparasion of Crocker and Waxelplax to the Rabbit and Queen from Alice in Wonderland. That was a nice touch. Great writing. You're quiet good.
KlutzyGirl chapter 6 . 8/2/2004
HEY! HEY! HEY! It's me! The one who inspired you to do this, and whom you put the blame on. Lol. Jk. Man it's been ages since I've been here. I'm so glad that your done! Guess I didn't have to wait so long, unlike some other fanfics. Anyway, I'm loving your fic so far. You have no problem with 'out of character-ness'(is that even a word, well it is now). You portray Croker perfectly! I love it! Well, I have more reading to do! See you, on the last chapter where I review again!
Snakelady Frohike1 chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
Dunno bout everyone else, but I like it so far. I'm slowly turning into a Crocker fan... didn't help when I had my first FOP dream last night... heh. Good luck with the fic writing and just laugh at the ignorant mass of flamers! They lead a sad, sad life!
christine chapter 9 . 4/11/2004
very good piece of work!
tamatava chapter 9 . 4/5/2004
This was a really great fanfic! I dread at the Crocker and Waxelplax pairing but they're not really in love are they? Well anyways it was a great story! You should really make more Crocker fanfics. You put him in character greatly. _
Yartrebo chapter 10 . 4/1/2004
The story was very good and portrayed Mr. Crocker very well. It's hard not to feel pity for his pour soul.
I like happy endings, so I must say I liked the first ending, even if it isn't realistic. Otherwise it's just too depressing.
Dirty Chandelier chapter 9 . 3/20/2004
Ok where do I start... this was sickenly funny- all the bad luck that Crocker has had... I actually have sympathy for the freak... well not really, but this is definitely a delightful, though brief look at his crappy life.
ItazuraSuisei chapter 10 . 3/11/2004
I must be honest- I liked the 'happy ending' better, but this one was really good too and angst is my favorite genre.
A wonderful story with wonderful endings!
ItazuraSuisei chapter 9 . 3/11/2004
Awesome ending!
I've yet to see the angsty one, but I really liked this. Both Denzel and Geraldine were very in-character. It had its comical moments, though it was the sweet moments what I liked the most.
Keep up the good work!
januaryshivers chapter 6 . 3/11/2004
The first aspect of "A Series of Unlikely Events" I felt most strongly
drawn to is it's independence from that growing mass of what I've begun to
label as D.F. - short for Dead Fiction... Which is called so because "Dead"
is precisely what I wish I were whenever I'm unfortunate enough to mistake
it for something worth reading and because it's so dull, it, too, might as
well be dead... But that's another long, long story all together.
My point is, I'm so used to reading romantic fanfiction with a handsome
(or, in some cases... pretty) male lead and a beautiful female counterpart -
or even, in some cases, an outcast of a girl (but still, always beautiful)
and they, in some cases, hate each other, or has always been secretly in
love with each other but somehow manages to keep that a secret ever since
they met and then end up together and find out they're absolutely perfect
even though they're *not* and then somehow find themselves unworthy and
break up, only to get back together and reunite in the happy ending we *all* knew was coming... - that your fanfic becomes very much the
cold-drink-on-a-humid-summer-day. Figuratively speaking.
Now, I'm not going to sit here and spend all this time lying to you and
telling you that your piece is the epitome of conventional goodness -
ASoUE is certainly one of the *strangest* things I've ever read... and it's
the impression I receive that you meant it to be so. And what else? That's
better than "okay". It's the *furthest* thing from unlikable, with a
contagious sense of fun and laughter I can (and *do*) appreciate
I love that ASoUE offers no false promises for soberness (although it
pretends to try) and yet, somehow manages to not cross that fine thread
between downright hilarious and downright irritating. As in chapter
"For what, one might ask. She prepares a way to survive their date. Oh,
how she loathes shrimp puffs."
... *Shrimp puffs*? Whoever heard of such a thing?
Delightfully, laugh-out-loud random in such a fashion that I'm starting quickly to enjoy and
... And oh, poor Crocker. Poor Waxelplax. Unrequited love *is* a pain
in the ass, isn't it?
"Why do I continue to spare you? You're a psychotic moron, obsessed
with fairies... You're rude, inconsiderate, and...and yet..."
And yet, indeed. Hm.
Eagerly awaiting another opportunity to sneak in a moment of reading.
MR. CR0CKER chapter 10 . 3/10/2004
Oh man! I like both endings! The comedic situations are hysterical, LOL! Excellent job! *gives you a standing ovation*
MR. CR0CKER chapter 9 . 3/10/2004
*dies laughing yet again* Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT! The dialog-both spoken and thought-between Crocker and Waxelplax slays me! ROTFL! *applauds* A hot fresh A for you!
ItazuraSuisei chapter 8 . 3/10/2004
Good chapter! I wonder how the date will go with those hands, though . . .
ItazuraSuisei chapter 7 . 3/8/2004
Very funny, though a little angsty at the beginning (glomps Crocker). And, it was very well written, as always