Reviews for Of Heroes And Monsters
BondSlave chapter 2 . 10/22/2009
wow way interesting. I'm liking this-I still don't like mina being divorced but I geuss i'll just have to get over it wont i? I like Dr. Jakyle. I've always loved that story. I kinda like him in a Hellsing set story, it's interesting.
BondSlave chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
I've never heard of LoEG-like at all, but this first chapter has caught my attention. It brings back memories of reading DRACULA with the whole letter dealing. I look forward to a good read. Aww, poor Johnathan and Mina, divorced-that's sad.
Master of the Boot chapter 5 . 2/2/2009
To be honest with you, reading this story was a little bittersweet.

On the one hand it was very good, characterization was nice, Mina was much fun to read about. Alucard has some of the best characterization I've seen. He reacts around people exactly like he should.

But this story had so much farther to go. I remember that line "You've met someone worse than me." I hadn't seen anything from Alucard that would indicate that he's worse than Hyde. Both were more or less nasty the same level.

Those multiple Victorian cameos proved to be more of an annoyance than anything else. Especially Peter Pan. They seemed entirely gratuitious.

The whole way through I was spoiling for a Hyde/Alucard fight for real, but that's less important. And I mean a control art restricted type of fight.

If you think I'm insane and that my grievances have no basis, then that's fine.

Ta

MAster of the Boot
JoelleHart chapter 5 . 5/27/2006
Fantastic! I love the blend of references (especially mad Hettie!). Your dialogue and portrayal of all the characters was flawless.

I just read the novel "Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman, very much like what you did here - the blending of dozens of characters from different stories (Lord Ruthven and Jack the Ripper both play large parts). Even though he's a professional, I'd go as far to say that your storytelling in this is just as good as his was in that - or better, since his story centered around an original characer who was uncomfortably like a Mary Sue.
Evil Urd chapter 5 . 9/25/2005
this is the perfect crossover, I really loved the Alan More and Neil Gaiman cameos, and the best of all was the raven, why did the guy in the story didn't thought of that before :D
Wynd Mage chapter 5 . 6/11/2005
Bravo! Bravisimo! You seamlessly wrote a small masterpiece that would make Hirano, Stoker and Moore proud.
SirDracula chapter 5 . 12/28/2004
I detect some pattern in prologue and epilogue? Well done, bravo! I don't suggest a sequel unless you assure me to rival this story quality (which is hard).
SirDracula chapter 4 . 12/28/2004
Wow. I'm lost of words regarding this chapter. It's was the best piece of fanfiction I've read in my entire life. Using Ruthven was extremely clever.
SirDracula chapter 3 . 12/28/2004
I tend to think Hyde is a tad less articulate in the first book but you're going for second book Hyde, therefore it's good.

Hyde's and Alucard's fight was a pleasure to read. The friendly interaction with Quatermain a surprise that should be expected.
SirDracula chapter 2 . 12/28/2004
Mina was wonderful, nearly as much as the lovely Integral. Almost as strong. The dialogue, oh the dialogue! It's delicious! The Allan/Mina is so obvious. And I adored her dismissal of Alucard.
SirDracula chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Letter style, very Dracula feel. I'm going to enjoy this story for certain.
Calliope chapter 5 . 12/16/2004
I have nothing articulate or detailed to add but: WOW. That was intense, extremely well written and original.
Kiseki no Tenshi chapter 5 . 12/16/2004
Wicked Story! _
CrowRavenSpirit chapter 5 . 10/14/2004
Italics are difficult but nonetheless this is a closure and I advice against sequel, unless it reaches the level of perfection of this fic.

~ CrowRaven
CrowRavenSpirit chapter 4 . 10/14/2004
This is probably the most brilliant piece I read in fanfiction. Ever. The atmosphere was perfect and surrealistic. The dialogues was intelligent. The characters were interesting and the vampire cameo was a good idea!

You should write a novel not fanfiction!

~ CrowRaven