Reviews for Rose DeWitt Bukater Before Titanic
Bobbi chapter 9 . 11/3/2012
I really like this! It is almost exactly what I thought when I saw the Movie for the first time! When I saw her in that beautiful white pin-stripe suit, I said to myself: 'Oh, that girl is pregnant"! As I remember from the film, sixteen years ago, she was sick or tired seemed slightly different when I saw the 3-D version this Spring.
In my thoughts about the relationship, which was probably 6-10 months long, so far, I think that she concieved by Cal on Valentine's Day-night, in Philadelphia. I think that she was probably very much in love with him then, and he was with her, also. I think that she was going to jump off the ship because he wasn't paying enough attention to her, and she was pregnant and getting pre-marital jitters and disgust with her Mother for doing all the planning.
She didn't really want to jump, and wouldn't have, Jack was right about that! She was trying to get Cal's attention, to be saved by HIM! She didn't know Jack yet at that time, and didn't know that he would be there to save her. Cal would come out from the dinner looking for her and save her.
This story, chapter, hit it right on for me! I also think that Cal "I make my own luck" and "I always win, no matter what" Hockley, did not kill himself in 1929. He and Rose were married, he changed his last name to "Calvert", moved to Cedar Rapids and taught Economic's at a University..."he always wins" remember? He was her husband, the father of her children and the reason that she had the money to learn to fly a plane, travel, ride horses and be in plays, study Art. She was NOT poor and not independant. She had kept the Heart of the Ocean as a safety investment in case anything went wrong, that is what I think! I really like the fact that someone else saw her as pregnant, as I did, right from the start!
Andrea1984 chapter 9 . 7/21/2012
Poor Rose - she was pregnant from Cal, this ****. - - What's the end ? Please write some more.

CU

Andrea
Andrea1984 chapter 5 . 7/21/2012
Poor Rose - that her mother don't belive her and don't listen to her.
Shinzhon chapter 2 . 10/16/2009
Oh my god... He will... (I'm not a native speaker and it's a good thing but I don't know ther word, it's like a censure )) He will *unknown word* Rose! BASTARD!
Shinzhon chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
The fanfic of the Titanic are so rare in that times... Awesome
marianne chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Hey, your story is quite interesting, i love reading about what happened to Rose before the Titanic, so good on you for that. I find the writing really blatant and too direct. Perhaps use more imagery when explaining stuff. we already know the characters of Ruth and Rose and Cal from the movie, but the speaking lines you have here are just too much for each character - too direct, so 'relax' their speaking roles more
McPhantom chapter 2 . 9/30/2006
I really like this story, but Rose is a virgin until she and Jack slept together. You find this out in the deleted scene "I'll be the first". But it's a good plot twist.
Naomi24 chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Great story! keep on writing
Mrs Ronald Weasley chapter 9 . 7/12/2004
aww... its good to know that Jack comes along and saves Rose from that life.
Desire chapter 6 . 2/23/2004
Ah! Amazing, I love it, I love it, I love it! Write more, please, i'm begging!
Dorrica chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
Nice start. A little short but not bad. _
Sweetpea chapter 3 . 2/16/2004
Hmm, i always wanted to read more about what happened before rose met jack on the titanic. really interesting, but it does get rushed a bit.
dazzling reno chapter 3 . 2/15/2004
First of all, I am so happy to find this website! It's comforting to know there are others out there like me who obsess over their favorite movies to the extreme of either rewriting them, or cooking up prequels and sequels!
Great story and premise, I can't wait to hear more. I would like to know more of the inner thoughts going on in the minds of the characters though...it really helps in developing a bond with them, however all in all, I am very impressed!