Reviews for Red as Snow
Songsa chapter 23 . 8/9/2008
Wow, this story was truly incredible. Everything was so perfectly well-written and every time I had to take a break from reading I practically had to pry myself away from the computer. I ended up staying up until 3am finishing this. You drew me into the story as if I was watching it in a movie theater.

Everyone is perfectly in character. I especially love how you wrote out Trema.

When Baralai recognized Paine's hips (Funny moment) and said her name, I could feel my chest just tighten, almost like I wanted to cry. It was such a beautiful moment. I got even more choked up when Baralai first found out that Gippal was alive and then when he met him again, he was just the same as ever.

Just like in "Blind Spot" I love how you portrayed Gippal. He was absolutely hysterical with his crazy antics, but then I wanted to reach out and hug him when, for a brief moment, he thought Baralai was going to turn him in. Currently, I have a Gippal fic in the works myself. It's about his life story, at least through my eyes, and you have given me so much wonderful inspiration on how I should write out his character. Thank you. Speaking of which, I see that you have a short little Gippal fic, which I will be sure to check out as soon as I am done with this review.

I would also love to comment on the whole Vegnagun scene. I was literally reading the chapter with bated breath. Simply inspiring. When Baralai reached out to touch Vegnagun... Oh man. You made it sound so gentle. It almost made me want to have one as a pet. I know now that if I ever get to touch an elephant or a whale, I’m gonna think of this chapter and remember how Baralai felt so tiny and insignificant while he was touching the beast.

Thank you for writing this.

Officially one of your fans,

TurboTwistedFire
Cbabeh chapter 23 . 11/22/2007
gorgeous. makes me feel hella bad for baralai and his crimson posse though LOL damn shuyin
Binary Love chapter 4 . 5/14/2007
I'll admit that I've read and still read quite a few of your stories, but still I'm horrible about reviewing, as they always come out sounding slightly awkward. But something about the way you wrote this chapter was a pleasant slap in the face and reminder of your talent. The way you slipped in the devotion of Gella to Baralai, even at the possibility that it's only in shared scorn for the priests, was amazing and followed up the chapters of Baralai reflecting on moving up in rant through tactful humility brilliantly. You've got me wishing I had a talent for writing like your own.
Trinity chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
Such melancholic and poetic images are what this chapter brings to mind. I find myself feeling detached from the world and its many petty concerns. Baralai's cool, calm, collected, and calculating, as well as contemplating, mind captures me completely. The observations he makes, the understated alarm he feels, the way his thoughts and general being are coated with slight sarcasm and (the way I see it) a sardonic attitude, all of these little things come together to present Baralai as so very real and larger than life.

As of right now, I don't think I know him very well at all (I'm not very well versed in the Final Fantasy X-2 world, although I know most of the characters, just not their backgrounds), but I am absolutely sure that I will and am eager to do so very soon.

There are several instances in this chapter that strikes my fancy, for whatever reason. The way Baralai describes and expresses his disgust at his attires, for example, and the comment that if he has wings he would be anywhere but here. But my favorite of these must be this line: "Dopha’s gratitude shines through the curtain of winter drawn between us." Somehow, it trikes me as being extremely poetic and such a poignant moment.

The short and sweet bottom line is I love this chapter. You have a definite style of writing and your observations and attention to details are superb. Somehow, I think that the trace of sarcasm throughout this chapter is not entirely Baralai's, eh?
DragonGirl323 chapter 23 . 12/23/2004
There. Finally done! Whoopee!

This was a really good story! Really helps to fill in the blank spots during the two year period you never witness during the game. Even though it could have happened a lot differently, I think your version makes the most sense!

Wonderful job! Beautiful piece of work!

Huggles!

Sincerely,

DragonGirl323
DragonGirl323 chapter 14 . 12/21/2004
Sheesh, been a while since I've read this story. I almost had to start all over from the beginning but as I was reading chapter 4 everything started coming back to me.

Sorry I haven't read all of this yet. I read a total of ten chapters today though so I think that's a new record for me. I would probably sit here in front of my computer until I finish all 23 chapters because this story is so good! I love it!_

But, alas, I had to pry my eyes open with tooth picks just so I could finish this chapter! I'm so tired I could probably fall alseep right here.

So next time I review it will be for the epilouge. I really hope that you continue with your series of Paine/Baralai's. You're an absolutely wonderful writer!

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

DragonGirl323
Kupo Stiltzkin chapter 23 . 9/8/2004
I finally drag my lazy ass to review, since this is epilogue and I've been lagging to review for many chapters...

This is a beautiful work, though there are times when Baralai's thought becomes too lengthy. I really like the details and little things that you pay attention to, since most writers tend to ignore them.

It's a very great read, and I'll be looking forward to Her in Him.
czee chapter 23 . 9/5/2004
Oh! It's finished! :( Oh well... it has been a wonderful read. Keep it up! I can't wait to see what happens next! Keep it up! :)
Golden Rose3 chapter 23 . 9/1/2004
You really don't need to hear yet again how much I loved this story, but I'm going to tell you anyway. This is definitely one of my favorite fanfictions of all that I've read. I really enjoyed every word of every chapter. The last one was just as wonderufl as the previous twenty two, if not more so.

I'm so glad you decided to write a sequel to Blind Spot, and I was extremely pleased to hear that you're continuing the series, even if it is only in a side story. I can't wait to read it.
Angel Taisha chapter 23 . 8/28/2004
Amazing, but you had to know this when you wrote it.
Empress-Eerian-Sadow chapter 23 . 8/27/2004
sweety, this was one fantastic piece. i loved every bit of it, even if i had to wait for a bit between some updates.

nice job.

eerian
Ikonopeiston chapter 23 . 8/27/2004
I am one of your 'to the bitter end' readers and I thank you for your efforts. I have the distinct impression that you grew thoroughly bored with this story long before you brought it to an end. Your prose grew more purple as your plot grew less coherent. I liked 'Blind Spot' so much that I did a print-out and added it to my permanent hard-copy collection. Alas, not this one. Perhaps there was simply not enough viable material for so long a work. Whatever; I appreciate your trying and shall look forward to seeing your next venture in this line. Again, I am grateful for the pleasure I found in at least two of your other offerings.
DClick can't be arsed to log in anymore chapter 23 . 8/27/2004
And so it ends. There's not really more to say about this fic that I haven't said and that others haven't put better.

So, in conclusion, this was a really good fic, although my short attention span made it hard to read sometimes. I'll definitely read that side-story when it's written. _

- DClick
Golden Rose3 chapter 22 . 8/2/2004
I sense this story is drawing to a close, and that makes me very sad. I adored this chapter like I do all of your chapters. Just reading about Trema gives me chills.
trimurti chapter 22 . 8/2/2004
I'm sorry, this review will be far shorter than the story-and you, really-deserve.

When I first read this story, I wasn't impressed. I liked the first-person, present tense style that the story was told in more than Baralai's actual point of view; I've never seen anyone else employ that style other than myself. But to me, Baralai's view was bland to me. I thought the story was stylistically wonderful, yet emotionally underwhelming. Even so, I still continued to follow this story.

Reading this latest chapter though, I realize that the problem lay in my mind, not your skill. Since this style is so rarely used, I naturally equated it to how I used it, not how it should be used, to completely immerse the reader into the character at that time. Baralai's character is still 'flat' to me, but it is a flatness based who he is, what he must be in the belly of a decrepit religion that was so much more. Political intrigue, I had forgotten, creates paper tigers that can be colored in appropriately depending on the situation. And so, now I realize how carefully you had created this Baralai, how much more human he is in his 'blandness'.

This is a story that is a welcome break from the decidedly sillier-or at least less serious-fanfics in this section, and that's why I can't help but keep reading. Thank you for reminding me just why we employ this method of storytelling.