Reviews for A Little Dramatic Irony
PlrtzGlrb chapter 22 . 10/24/2014
Lorelai likes Jess! And it's believably written! Amazing!
Ultrawoman chapter 56 . 12/15/2013
Oh, where do I even begin? I should start by saying that I only started watching Gilmore Girls last April via dvd, and lately completed the Season 4 boxset. I adore the Rory/Jess pairing and hate how they went to hell on the show. I wanted fanfic, but everywhere I look there's bound to be spoilers for Seasons 5-7. That's why I dug way back into the FF archive, and stumbled upon your stories. I actually found a couple of the futurefics first and then stumbled back to this, your original fic, which you wrote as Season 4 aired. This meant guaranteed no spoilers for me, so I started reading... and it was very, very hard to stop!

I've blown through all 56 chapters from Friday night to Sunday lunch time. I've pretty much been reading this fic or thinking about when I can next read this fic! lol It is, without question, awesome. When I started, I had doubts. Lets be fair, you put Jess in a coma! That's not cool, but I had faith that you weren't gonna let him die and your writing style appealed, so I just kept going. Bit by bit, you blew my mind. You write like me... kind of. More dialogue, much less prose, which is my favourite when I'm reading, because I tend to be a little lazy. Long paragraphs of description make me sleepy, and lets face it, we all watch GG for the fast paced dialogue, so the fic should match, right?

I love how you portrayed Rory and Jess in this story, though mostly Jess. You built him a life, a history, a family. The show never bothered to, but you did it, and all this stuff is now going to be head-canon for me. I'm going to be watching the show and waiting to see Sofia, Gloria, Jamie... I love them all. I love how you had Jess & Jimmy reconnect, and the beautiful brother-sister thing between Jess & Lily. I love Liz vs Sasha, and your spin on the Liz & TJ wedding. I'm actually finding it hard to think of anything in this story I didn't love! lol

Jess' teddy bear, Hephaestus, was a nice touch, and I thought it was great how he recurred through the story. I also like that even as you altered Jess' character a little bit during his developing relationship with Rory (and his patching things up with Jimmy, Liz, etc.) he still remained as Jess. He didn't just snap into being smiley and happy or whatever. He was happy in the end, but it wouldn't be him if that was overt.

All the stuff about Jess' grandpa Frankie was beautiful, and it made sense of all we already know about Jess himself. The books, the boxing, it was just perfect. Sofia is awesome and such a kickass grandma! I especially love that she'll take no crap from Emily or Trix! And Gloria with her punching the boys whenever they misbehave, and Jamie with his always being drunk! lol They crack me up. You invented characters that I love as much as the real GG characters - that's talent!

Ah, the other thing I wanted to mention, I like how you handled the Rory/Jess sex situation. She's not a slut and she's not so naïve or dumb to just sleep with the guy because a) he came back and b) he'd been in a coma. They waited because she needed to wait and I thought when it finally happened it was the right time for them. I also appreciate that you keep it all PG-13. So many people think they need to put in all the gory details. I find the 'blurry watercolour' approach much more appropriate and enjoyable.

Other things I loved, in no particular order other than how they pop into my head - Paris vs Jess all the time; Gloria going to Yale; Rory getting rid of Leslie; Lorelai and Luke getting it together at last; Dave coming back from California and your awesome 'The OC' references; Jess trying his best with Jimmy after the heart attack; Rory pushing Jess in the lake; Jess' drunken proposal; Jess buying an engagement ring even if he didn't use it for 4 years; how you handled Dean & Lindsay; all the fantastic dialogue that was always & forever in character for everybody!

I'm sure there's a hundred other things I should put into this review, even though it is already epically and ridiculously long, but I'm running out of steam here. Suffice it to say, this is one of the very best GG fics I've ever read, and definitely the longest I have read so far. I see lots of related fics to this and I'll be reading those soon, don't doubt that. You're awesomely fantastic at this writing of GG fic thing, and I only hope that you're still around to see this feedback that I'm leaving you, especially given how long it has just taken for me to type it all out! lol!

Thank you for a very, very enjoyable read! :D

Ultra
chantel chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
And I can actually see all this in my mind jess and Rorys faces and how they acted. I wish it could of really happened
chantel chapter 56 . 9/1/2013
I started reading this this morning and it was absolutely amazing this is the jess and Rory I imagine in my mind hence why I get so sad when I watch him leave in season 3 and when she turns him down in season 4 I know u wrote this forever ago but its amazing and wondeful and ausome
Scarlet3086 chapter 56 . 6/16/2013
So I'm sure you don't even check this after all these years, but I'm in love with this story!
rmb151106 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Okay, can I just say that this is the fifth time I'm reading through this story. I just love the writing and the interactions between the characters especially Jess and Rory. I also love the new characters and how you also portrayed the characters from the show. Pretty spot on with how they should act. Just thought I should let you know how much I love this story. If you ever get the chance to I really would love it if you finished the other stories that tie into this one. This story will always be one of my favorites though. :)
Guest chapter 56 . 9/5/2012
Okay, so you will probably never read this considering that you wrote this in 2004.. but anyway I really loved it.
sagittarian07 chapter 56 . 8/23/2012
I know you wrote this a long time ago, but I just found it and I just have to tell you that it was a delightful, hilarious, heartwarming piece from start to finish. Thanks for the literati fix!
cmtaylor531 chapter 56 . 4/11/2011
Wow, i loved this story. I love the play of season 4 and turning around and making it so much better. Thanks for my Rory Jess fix. I have been in love with them all over again. You write really well and this story was amazing. You deserved to know.
radiate689 chapter 55 . 1/24/2011