Reviews for Scenes From Another Life
Angelauthor14 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Wow I loved it! So cute and touching! And so beautifully written!
Copper Kestrel chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Wow - great story! A very 'realistic' AU, and I love the fact that just one little decisions changes everything. Your characterisations of everyone - especially Sirius and Remus - were good too, and I liked how Harry was slightly different, but still recognisable. The mix of Harry's story and the snippets of the past worked very well. Overall, a wonderful oneshot! I'll have to go read the rest of your stuff now...
samithecreator chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Lovely. Exactly how Harry's life should've turned out.
Gardengirl6 chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
That was great! I really liked your twist on canon. How different indeed Harry's life would have been...
truest-of-true-loves chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
aw that was brilliant! i wish you would write it out, though. from the night it happened to all the way until you finish your au. that would be awesome! this was great, though. i loved it!
bghnbghn chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
that was really marvelous. great way to show a raising harry AU in a slightly softer, less... more looking back, y'know? hmph, I don't even make sense to myself right now. I really liked it.
Storm Silverhand chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Very nice! You have lovely characterization and Remus, Sirius, Harry and Ron are so REAL, in a way that many fan fic author's can't manage. You've also managed to tell years of Harry's life in a few short memories, and it works incredibly well. Kudus on a great story.
theKRITIC chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Nice. I love happy-ish AUs...if just one thing had changed, it would have altered so much of the story. HP is just set up for AUs. Really.
Ami Ven chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Brilliant, I loved it!
Medea chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
Great story! Love the way it jumps between the train and Harry's memories. And what a great end line!
JamieGlasgow4 chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
I really liked it! It would've been better if you countinued it though.. It would've made a great story.

The part that Remus says "Your brothers are the terror of my lessons." and where Ron says "Then you really do have the coolest family in the world, Harry." was great..
Maegwin chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
Oh, nice fic. And in the genre of Remus and/or Sirius raising Harry, I think this one is the best at making it still seem like the Harry we know despite his changed past. Some parts were very moving, especially Remus and Sirius' reconciliation, and the scene where they take Harry from the Dursleys was great, with their respective reactions to the situation. Between this and Beyond the Veil, I think you've got some of the best characterizations of Sirius and Remus. It really did seem like them. Though I was left with wanting more. I liked where it stopped, but I think it could have used more scenes before that. So, not *completely* satisfying, but what's there is very good.
Noemi chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
wow this is great. I really really love it and want to see more of it... :)

brilliant job, i really enjoyed it.

ciao
Talynden chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
O.o I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out just how exacally I passed this over so many times in my search for good fanfiction. It was so very, very, very exelently awesome!

It think this much be the first good AU upbringing of harry I've ever read :D The SB/RL aspect was superbly handled...subtle, yet realistic. I also really liked the little changes in Harry's personality that he'd gain from being raised by people other then the Dursleys (Ie, being so quick to hex Malfoy).

All in all, an exelently written gem of a ficlet...I can't wait to read more of your work :)
Lady Taliesin chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
How have I never read this before? This was EXCELLENT...I don't read many fanfics like this, but this was...well. Excellent and brilliant and just completely and wonderfully excellent, for lack of a better word.

I loved how it switched between Harry telling the story to Ron, and flashbacks. And the RLSB was superb...which was wonderful, because I love this pairing but it never seems to be written properly. And...I dunno. One scene I especially liked was Halloween, when Remus and Harry were keeping vigil for Sirius and then Dumbledore called and...wow. I could envision the whole scene, and it was dynamic and powerful and just completely charged with emotion.

In short - this story is EXCELLENT! And definately one for the fav's list. Excellent job, and thanks for a wonderful read!

Ciao!