Reviews for True Believer
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
Amazingly tight action packed story! So imaginative and grounded. The author invests the audience in the characters in very quickly and so the conflict means so much more!
It's neat the perspective he toys with making us invested in both characters!
styloespada chapter 1 . 7/1/2017
I really enjoyed this story, which surprised me as I've never had that much interest in the Blessed (as much as I know they can be fun, they just never sounded like fun to me)! I liked how you created the story to a "slice of life" type story, complete on its own but with some obvious gaps in the reader's knowledge of past events that make sense due to the style of the story - it's fun and fits with the style of the game as well, I think.
Bluenose chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
I loved this story, especially the way that not everything is told. Gives you a lot of scope to fill in the blanks.
Thor chapter 1 . 12/21/2001
Okay, let's see how badly I can crush your ego with this review (joke...really) First off, descriptions were light, a lot more detail would add so much to this story. (Like say...describing the evil sorceror) Second, expanding the back story just a little would (imho) help add to the depth of both characters (like who were the loved ones she lost, and what was it Theodore was up to in her town.) All that aside there was some very good stuff here. The story moved well, and descriptions of action were good and solid. I also thought the tale also captured some really nice visual looks and ideas (like the sorceror being burned on a faux witches pyre...nice!) Last, the main character was neat (and a nice deviation from most of the Blessed going around) A good story, I'd like to see you try your hand at a second story with Marion!
TheGryphon chapter 1 . 3/18/2001
Great story! I love Deadlands, and was happy to see a catagory for it (though sorta sparse right now...)! The characters were great, and fit into the setting very well. More to this story or world would be great.
Cinaed von Larsenholm chapter 1 . 2/3/2001
An excellent story.

Love the concept of making the story evolve with and around emotions and feelings, rather than a storyline. The story was great too.
Red Two elizabeth chapter 1 . 1/12/2001
Hey, this was really good! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, not being the gamer type. Good attention to detail, nice descriptions, a bit light on characterization (but I guess I'm just ignorant of this particular fandom). Keep writing!