Reviews for In the Shadow of the Chosen: The Obi Wan Saga
Sue Clover chapter 1 . 5/13
I like this. I've read a lot of fics about Obi-Wan, and many which have rehashed the Phantom Menace just like this. And yet this one is different. The characterization is different, more thought out. It's as if you took everything that ever happened to him in the movies, everything he ever said or did, his every look, and put a reason behind it, and figured out who he was from it. Which, I guess, you probably did. It feels more honest, somehow. He's young, and he's not perfect. I'm rather in love with his character, but so many fics over-emphasize how good of a Jedi he is, even at this point in his life, and this fic made me realize that that's not very honest. He was never perfect, and somehow this portrayal of him makes him even more beautiful. It's simple, and comes directly from the movies, and is just so well thought out.
I also had the realization of what Obi-Wan and Yoda went through together, what they shared. They were both there in the beginning. They had that scene, the moment where Yoda said he sensed grave danger in Anakin's training and Obi-Wan was stubborn about it and Yoda relented. And then they both were there as Anakin grew up, both witnessed the beginning of the clone wars, and watched as he became a great Jedi with a lot of fears still left to conquer. They witnessed him fall, and the fear they both had at the beginning came to pass, and they both had to face the fact that they were wrong to think they could do it. And then, years later, they were put in the same position. Obi-Wan convincing Yoda that another headstrong youth be trained, despite Yoda's misgivings. And they put their faith in Luke, because there was no one else left to have faith in. And they had to watch as he left to confront Vader before he was ready, both afraid that he would make his father's mistakes, proving that they were wrong once again to take a chance in his training. And then Anakin finally turned on the Emperor, and fulfilled the prophecy, and they finally realized that even though the path was convoluted and filled with pain, the Force pulled them through, and they had been right to trust in it all along. It's just kind of awe-inspiring to think of it that way, and suddenly I could.
GirlFromNorth chapter 16 . 6/11/2012
So I know it's a long time since you updated, but I still have to tell you how much I love this story ;)
acacia59601 chapter 16 . 5/3/2009
Wow, this story is really good! I hope you find the inspiration to update it soon! May the Force (and the Muse) be with you!
Shadow Chaser chapter 16 . 2/6/2008
I like this series of stories a lot. Its like reading the Jedi Apprentice books except now its Obi-Wan and Anakin. Keep up the great work and I absolutely love your writing style! _ Hope to read more soon!

-Shadow Chaser
Kelev chapter 16 . 7/2/2007
Avsilom sounds like a Hebrew way of saying Av 'father' Shalom 'peace'. Father of Peace so to speak? WAs that on purpose, or was that one weird coincidence?

At any rate, good chapter!
Kelev chapter 15 . 5/26/2007
Very good chapter!
Dany chapter 14 . 5/20/2007
i'm really loving this fanfic! you make obiwan and anakin very real, very human. I liked the II episode the most, i think. please, don't stop writing this! i'm really loking forward to see how this episode ends.
Jediempress chapter 14 . 4/23/2007
Hey. I checked out the first few chaps of this a few years ago then fell away from it. i just rediscovered it and I'm glad you're stiil plugging along with it. I'll keep watching.
Kelev chapter 13 . 3/26/2007
Great interaction. I like the dance and the Kata!
Sherlockian Slytherin chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
This is incredible. This chapter seemed even more real than when I was watching the movie. I really truly love how you went through the process of Obi-wan's reasoning, his thoughts, his confusion, his jealousy, his...well..everything. It was just marvelously and magnificantly done. There is so much reality behind the words. You've fleshed Obi-wan out in such a real and careful way. Obi-wan was always my favorite character in SW, especially during the JA era. I think you show a good melding of how Obi would have progressed and how he has grown since then and now. Great job.
Kelev chapter 12 . 2/9/2007
At last, another chapter! Very good, Anakin seems to be more at home then Obi-Wan. LOL
Kelev chapter 10 . 12/24/2006
Very good! I can't wait to hear more.
Kelev chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Wow, you are a great writer! I agree, Obi-Wan is m favorite too, and no one seems to pay attention to him. I'll review more once I get done with this fic. May God Be With You.
padme17 chapter 9 . 12/19/2006
that was amazing :) i love love love it...characterized perfectly my dear :) update ASAP
Nimloth4th chapter 8 . 12/14/2006
I liked a lot, in the first chapter, how did Obi-Wan accepted little by little the view of his Master on Anakin, forgetting his jealousy. All the story is very interesting and insightful. Continue, please.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »