Reviews for Promises Kept
Heliopause chapter 11 . 7/27/2013
You capture Brent-Dyer's voice really well! (including the blithe acceptance of unethical recruiting practice!) And I liked that you gave the inhumanly super-adequate Jo the experience of coming up against something she couldn't handle.
Heliopause chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
"they'll have to go through the official rigmarole - adverts, interviews and the like"
This stinks! How many honest doctors will waste time and money on applying, going to interviews etc, when the job is already reserved for one of the family? Dishonest and nepotistic. Can we have a follow-up where one of the candidates whose time and money are wasted sues the pants off them?
wolfergirl chapter 11 . 8/28/2011
This is amazing!
Jo chapter 11 . 2/28/2011
I really enjoted this story. Well in the feeling of the original books.
Mrs Susan Thompson chapter 11 . 2/13/2010
I think this was avery good story but I am a bit puzzled as i have read The Chalet Girls Grow Up and in that Len has 4 children and Reg leaves her for Mary Lou Trewlaney. None of her children were named after her. I do prefer this to the above book as it is much more like Elinor Brent Dyer would have written
Carrie01 chapter 11 . 7/5/2007
I loved this story! You've managed to capture the Chalet School characters really well. Although it has been years since I read any of the books, your story has brought all my memories of the books flooding back. It been a joy to revisit old friends!

Please write some more Chalet stories!
Sarah chapter 11 . 6/30/2007
Just wanted to say well done with this story - it has real heart to it, and is very well handled. More, please! :)
Lucy H chapter 11 . 6/12/2004
I love that!
chaletian chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Hey, Ray! *waves* I love this series - hoping to see you write more of it.
Liss