Reviews for Maybe Now
Acacia Jules chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
*Sniff* I will not cry. DAMN YOU. GOD, that scene between Rhett and Wade . . . I was in tears. That was the PERFECT, most WONDERFUL confrontation i've ever read. Oh, I've DREAMED of reading stuff like that. And it's true. Rhett abandoned those children, and Wade was the man of the house. Rhett Butler IS a cad.

Finally, someone who sees MY position on the whole thing.

This is the BEST fic. I mean BEST. You are amazing.
sam004 chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
omfg. that was beyond beautiful. and the way you left it hanging just broke my heart into a million little pieces. it was amazing. you rock. perfect.
missmee chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
I'm loving this story so far, cant wait for Scarlett to come back in full force.
classicmovielover chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Great story! I found the short sentences to be VERY annoying after awhile. Also, there are spelling, and grammar errors. In addition, what about Beau, and Ashley, and her promise to Melly? And I don't care what anyone else says, but there is NO way she couldn't have lost that baby in the fall! She fell down a flight of stairs, for God's sake! There was blood! SHE MISCARRIED! You COULD do an update, but it's not necessary. Oh, be sure to read "If We Do Not Remember the Past". It's my own GWTW ff. Enjoy!
IceQueen chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
during the last couple of days, i read a lot of GWTW fanfiction. but this story wins the golden medal. I really enjoyed reading ot. i hope you won't keep us hanging on. Please a sequel SOON!

and again congratulations, a great JOB.
Katrina chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
Oh are you going to write more? Please write more. It's wonderful.
Windwhistles chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
Very very very nice! I really like the way you've written out this story. Please update soon!
amber chapter 1 . 2/8/2005
this is proabably one of the best fan fics I have read. I really really love it. I suggest that you finish it!
Lettered chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Hey,

I hope you are going to continue this. I really really hope. This is unfair, you know that? To post this thing and not update for months. I think it's a kind of torture, really. How could you? Honestly, in all decency, how could you do such a thing?

That said, this fic is excellent. I don't say that often, especially as far as GWTW fic goes (no offense to anyone. I don't even like "Scarlett", the sequel, and that has the distinction of being published).

I found the transformation of Scarlett into someone more like Ellen interesting. What's difficult is that we as readers would like her to be a nicer person; I have especially noted that we would like her to be a better mother. Also, Rhett at the end of the story says that he is off in search of grace and beauty (or something like that, I forget the exact words), which always indicated to me that he realized that being true to your self, your self-interest, and your wants/needs isn't the ideal. He seemed to at last to realize that though it meant subduing who you are and conforming to society, peace could only come from kindness and goodness, traits Scarlett seemed as if she would never have. The point being, in the end, that for Scarlett and Rhett to get together again, Scarlett would have to change, to become more like Melanie or Ellen.

The problem, of course, is that the very thing Rhett loved about her was that she wasn't afraid to act on her own selfish instincts, which meant she told it like it was, indulged herself and needed indulging, wasn't over-concerned about Society and how things were done, etc etc. Her inner self reflected his own-reflects everyone's, but Rhett's just dark enough to admit the truth-and without that he never would have loved her as much as he did in the first place.

The point of all this is to say that I think your fic is doing a wonderful job of 'reforming' Scarlett while allowing for the possibility that what he loved about her originally is still true. That is, she seems to have become another woman entirely, but right near the end of this chapter he breaks through, in a way, to the woman she once was. She needs to be angry, she needs to fly at him, she needs to selfishly want her children to be hers and to win every battle. But this Scarlett will also have a heart, forgive him, and love him. The need both to really be believable if they are to be together, and your Scarlett, especially toward the end of this chapter, is on a way toward having that.

I, too, am guilty of starting fics and not finishing them, but sometimes a very long, ardent, and desperate review will revive my interest. Consider this ardent and desperate (and I hope by now this is long enough). I love your fic and think highly of your writing. I will do anything to make you continue. If you need a beta or someone to throw ideas at, feel free to email me. Just please, please, finish!
Morgaine M chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
This is without a doubt the best Gone with the Wind fanfiction I have ever read. It seems to go along with exactly things may go after the ending. I like how Wade has turned out, very dashing and such. But whatever happened to Beau? There was nothing about him. I would love to see an update of this story!
Nuintincowen chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
Wonderful story you have here - I only wish that there were more! PLEASE update soon, love - I can't wait to read more.

~Ashley
Kristanna chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
No for real Rhett Butler is a bastard,how could he do that to Scarlett? very,very different plot and very interesting
Mary chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
That is honestly the best, "Gone with the Wind" and fanfics in general,I've read. Amazing story.
just a teen chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
I really like it, I hope you continue because this fic really had reach an understanding of the story, great job!
FranklyScarlett chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
OMG! That was AMAZING! Seriously...I REALLY hope that you continue that. If you dont I will be angry and disatisfied. Seriously, please continue this story and please do it soon...I NEED it! lol...great story
47 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »