Reviews for Beloved
knightinred chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Yeah, Boromir deserved a lover after all.
I'm looking forward to your next work ;)
EarthMama chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Wow...sigh...
Nanuk chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I'm just starting to read your stories, but for some reason, this one has (so far) touched me most. Perhaps it is that quiet love you describe so beautifully that needs no explanation, perhaps it is the notion that there was someone to love Boromir and that he could love back, or perhaps that terrible sense of loss, the hopelessness of one who cannot voice her loss ... I'm so glad I read it. Thank you!
amberhathaway chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
**stares at computer screen and then bursts into tears**

It's so special!
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
wow. that was really good. i'm crying now!
en chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
I happened upon a link to this fic on LiveJournal, and I am really glad I followed it-this is a beautiful piece. Well-written and very evocative. I will certainly look to see if you have written more fiction.
Steelsheen chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
This was beautiful and so sad at the end. The only thing that bugged me was that Boromir wasn't described in the books as blond, and that always annoys me when I read it in fanfics. But otherwise it was really sweet and very romantic... poor whatever-her-name-was. :P Good job.
~steelsheen
Lady Berenice chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
This was very lovely.
orlandosgirl21 chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
Dangit! just tellin you but Boromir never had a gf! he wasnt even that interested in women. he only liked fighting and battle. he never took a wife or even had a gf as jrr. tolkien says in the back of rotk appendicies! this kinda makes me mad because i know all those facts. im not critisizing yr stories becuse i think yr a really good writer. i ecpecially like Missing Mama. that was a good story. im just saying that boromir never had a gf and i know im ranting and raving but i just wanna tell ya that!
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
i almost cried reading this. you are too good. itz not fair! i love Faramir's grief, as u no by now i love Faramir. and i love how u portray Boromir. ppl alwayz think that Boromir only loved war, as tolkien said "he delighted chiefly in arms" but that doesn't mean he didn't love a woman. wonderful job
Ilium chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
Note to self: Do NOT watch a happy movie and then flounce upstairs to read something by athelas63.
Note 2: Get more kleenex on next trip to grocery store.
Yes, thats right. More kleenex. Sad but true. The kleenex is all gone and the happy movie mood is in tatters on the floor. This fic sets itself up so high and then crashes so quickly. It's beautiful. It's genius. My stuffed kitty is in tears.
Catherine Maria chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Hello Athelas! I've finally made my way to your first posting. I must admit it is not at all what I expected, but (with the possible exception of the one you are working on now) it is my favorite. You seem to have captured the essence of love without becoming overly sentimental or slipping into melodrama. Though you never give us her name, your character is a very real person. In your profile you mention that you don't like to read romances, but I think you have written a very special one here. Thanks for sharing it!
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
meep...i weep with you...still, twas a heroic death for a heroic man. i'll send my tears in crystal vases.
sis chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Hi it's me aND I love your story. Keep it up.