Reviews for Red Ice
Mathias chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Wouldn't be so bad if there was more of it.
axel100 chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Sorry, considering the masterpiece your drawing inspiration from, this doesn't even qualify as third rate. I'd expect something like this from someone in middle school, and if you were, well then at least you met my expectations. There is not story structure. The sequnece of events is jammed together. At lest break it up into paragraphs. Finally, it reads like a recitation of actions. A follows C follows C and so on...Yet considering the events taking place, this could have been fleshed out with some much vivid imagery and detail.
Sergeant Daniel chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Update soon, because I'm wondering what will happen next.
Fen-Wolf chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Despite what other reviews may say this isn't well described, and that is pretty obvious by the length of it and how much is meant to have happened in it. In 12 lines you have described an alien creature invading the base, your character, how the alien reproduces and moves, how a certain creature looks, an encounter with a creature, the death of the creature, the only way you can kill the creatures, the death of a creature, your character travelling through the base and then your character heading back to the weapons locker.

That is NOT a good thing, in fact it is pretty bad, your fict is a block of text, break it up to make it more readable and no matter what the other guy says, you should try to write a story like a STORY not how you want it to look since then it isn't really going to appeal to a lot of people.

I know this fict is long dead but i'm still going to review it because it is still up here.

One bit of story that made no sense to me has to be the creature blasted out of a vent at him, if so it would have leapt directly ontop of him since the vent is on the roof, shooting it with an assault rifle wouldn't 'slow it down' it would just have landed on him and torn him apart. So it wasn't a great introduction to the creature.
Everyone-Hides-Who-They-Are chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
This is my first review so I apologise if it's not the normal standard.

I just read your story and absolutely loved it. Very atmospheric and unique in that you used Blake as the main character as opposed to MacReady.

Some tense, creepy moments in there and even although it is a short story I felt connected to it straight away. If you ever want to go back and add to it I would be first to come back to it.

Well Done!

And Thank You for sharing this.

Can't get enough of The Thing fics in my opinion.
GenesisDragon chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
umm...that was really good. i liked it and i think you should continue where you left off. anyway thx 4 tha gr8 story. D
Wraith2099 chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
Wow...that was pretty good. You had a very good desciption of the Thing that Blake fought. Not to mention, you actually described it close to the movie by John Carpenter (aka: the one with Kurt Russel in it). That's a nice job.

I only really have one suggestion: just divide the story into paragraphs. You don't really have to, but it would...actually, I don't know exactly what it'd do, but it's just I think stories seem better when divided up into separate thoughts or scenes.
OreoLine00 chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Um... hi! I have a HUGE question for you. I see that you're the only one who has a story in this catagory. How do you get FF.N to create a catagory if it doesn't exist? Cause I have a story I've started, but the catagory for the movie (Cheaper By the Dozen) doesn't exist. If you could PLEASE email me at or tell me in a review for one of my storie, it'll be GREAT! Thanks!
OR7A chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
A bit short, but I like it that somebody has done some Fiction is this cool universe created by John Carpenter's awesome film and the game.
Odeeyou chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
I read your other reviews. If thats not how you want to write the fic, then dont. Its your fic. Dont let other people tell you how to write.
Its been a while since I've seen the Thing movie. Its a good start. I hope to see more.
Obsidian Productions chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
I really think the story should be rethought and rewriten.
1. Divide into paragraphs.
2. You cannot tell about The Thing in the very beginning, that's just not how it's done.
3. Be more descriptive.
4. Give background to story.
Sargent Overkill chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
Good start. I like the way how you described how the creature died. Good description. Can't wait to find out what happens later.