Reviews for Before I Wake
AnberlinEve chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I like the way you likened his thoughts to music and a colour palette, very unique and interesting. Would have liked to see more interaction with Faye, but his observation of her was pretty well done. :)
Tuppence chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Absolutely brilliant and amazing writing. It was surreal and poetic and tragic and it captured the essence of Jupiter Jazz and tragedies of Faye and Gren perfectly. One of my favourites, for certain.

~ Tuppence ~
frouella chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
That was incredible! I loved the imagery of Gren's thoughts melting into music. You made me remember just how much I liked Gren, and what a beautiful and tragic person he was. I don't understand why more people haven't reviewed this piece; oh well, it's their loss.
UE chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
you make an art out of angst, i swear. i particularly liked the surreal bits of this piece as well.
gladiolii chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
this is the best thing i've read in a long time, and i must say it was too genius for me to resist writing a review to it. honestly. i normally don't rr. so bravo on a good job done, extremely powerful word usage and imagery, and i'll read some more of your stuff and expect more in time, since i know a talented writer like you won't ever stop writing _
euphorbic chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
A good fic doesn't have to have incredible metaphors strung throughout in a cohesive whole, but an excellent one might. This piece is definitely an incredibly good showing and an example of inspired writing.