Reviews for Ghost Fires
Fadesintothewest chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Not sure if you still haunt this sight, but I stumbled upon this and am glad for it.
Aramel chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
*reads*

*rereads*

*starts sobbing*

There are times where words fail me utterly. All I can say is that I've always wanted to write the Feanorians like this, in all their heartbreak and drama and emotion. I've never yet succeeded in writing such a story. But reading one is the next best thing.

*goes off somewhere to cry in peace*
Mirien chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
I love you, my dearest girl, for doing this. This is our boys, the heart of what they are, and they, and I thank you so much. What did I ever do to desrve such a wonderful story?
E.D.
Ivanneth chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
Beautiful, beautiful.
Have I said how much I love your Fingon? As someone else mentioned, he's the one who's truly alive here. And the wonderful irony of burnt-out Maedhros trying to burn the letter...
Also loved the little bit abut Curufin and Celegorm. Some times it's hard to keep in mind that everyone's favorite Bad Boys really loved each other.
Ah, and the superb atmosphere. The Aftermath of War in all its heartbreak and desolation.
Deeply touching. Sorry for my incoherent ramblings... I can only repeat myself again in saying that you have a superb grasp on those characters.
Elithien chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
This is such a beautiful piece. I wish I could give you more than that, but at the moment I can't, you've touched me too much and I feel lost for words. I feel empty. Great writing!
Mouse chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
*shivers* Just ... perfect. I feel hollow and sad.
Lalwen chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Ah, Nol, I only wish I could do this justice. Another fabulous piece of work - your prose is as strong as your poetry - in other words, simply amazing.
Beautiful.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
You've handled these emotions wonderfully, without overstating anything. There's something about the little details that make want to smile and cry at the same time, like the lighter and his thirst and hunger that "matter less than they did once." What a wonderful, heartrending contrast between Fingon's tone in the letter and Maedhros' perspective in the story.
(This is on the list of "reviews that took the longest to be semi-coherent due to overwhelming reaction." Twenty minutes, I think.)
Finch chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
This is beautiful - and it hurts. Fingon is wonderful.
The 'life goes on' thing gave me food for a thought that went as follows: Elves probably have difficulty learning this because deep down, they don't want it to. They want to freeze time.
Interpretative fanfix good.
Tehta chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
I am not sure why this fic hits me so hard. It is just too, too sad. Maedhros, drained of life just like the ruined buildings. Letter-Fingon, with his warmth and common sense and *life*. Only the little details cheer me, like the lighter and the way a Noldo must, of course, walk around old buildings. I am not even going to mention your writing.
I need a drink.
Itarille chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
This is so sad! I've read it twice now and begun to cry both times. Beautiful, beautiful writing.
Sphinx chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
E.D.'s one lucky person.
This is Fingon's story. Completely, utterly, all through. I've fallen in love with him, Nol.
Sphinx: (bowing to resident Quendi): You will frogive me, my lords, but I am speechless.
Arcadia's Muse chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
This is certainly a very powerful and moving piece of writing. I loved every minute of it.
Some authors tend to go overboard with the whole angst thing, but you dabbled in the genre just right. It was bitter sweet.
Glad to have read it.