Reviews for On the Wings of Council V2
halfsmile chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Nothing intelligent to say, just that this is one of the best Pkmn stories I've read in a while.
A Handful of Words chapter 4 . 8/21/2007
i forgot to review the past few chapters...so this review will some up them all. GREAT! THEY ROCK! 0.o but there so long...where do you come up with it all?
PG Palmer chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
The story follows Topaz Soarhire, a trainer who when living in Kyeema, Metone Region (i.e. Australia), is awarded with the opportunity to become a Pokémon trainer. She jumps at the chance and chooses a Cyndaquil for her starter Pokémon, naming it Fury. She then begins travelling through the land.

Topaz is a unique character and I really enjoy the story. It brings a new aspect to the relationship between Pokemon and trainer. The only problem is that the story was last updated July 2005, which seems to indicate that the story was dropped. This is a real shame, since I was really getting into the story and it finishes abruptly. I still believe, however, that this is one of the best works of Pokémon fan fiction out there and that is why I am listing it here.

I have found the story inspiring, and the idea of a Pokémon translator gave me the idea of working the development of one into my own story.

It's a great piece of work, TopazSoarhire.
PG Palmer chapter 6 . 1/14/2007
'On the Wings of Council' is an extremely thoughtful story that brings a new aspect to the relationship between Pokemon and trainer. When it gets completed, it will be a story worth putting on a 'Pokemon Fan Fiction Recommended Reading List' if one were ever made. As a side note, it's also nice to see a Pokemon story based on another Australian.

Thumbs up to TopazSoarhire!
OfficiallyAbi chapter 6 . 1/7/2007
Are you gonna finish this? I hope so - I'm enjoying it!
Mewraven chapter 6 . 4/2/2006
i'm sorry i haven't reviewed. thanks for all your advice, i can see how you use it in this story. please update.
Sailor Elf chapter 6 . 8/3/2005
Holy Bloody Monkeys! This story is...just...wow! Hey, I'm reaaly good with words, of course you can tell. Now, I'm ordering you to continue writing this story or I'll sick my orange soda drinking hobos on you! Mwahahahaha, beware for they will raid your fridge!

)*(Sailor Elf)*(
Inactivatedaccountgoodbye chapter 5 . 11/29/2004
_ I'm glad you finally updated!
Dilasc chapter 5 . 11/28/2004
I guess I am missing something... suffice to say Im washed up with my old project of a story. It's just big and stupid like an ogre.

Yea, I do know what its like to start fresh! I've given up on Better and Tougher and gone onwards to my new precious baby, Dust to Deciet. Ah, good story it is.

Anyway, pardon my rambles and I must say I can tell what you meant. Yea, there's more depth and description as well. Keep at it, and maybe even give Dust to Deciet a drop by and you'll see why I had to move away from my sorry excuse of an inexperienced self. I know, I kinda just advertised... Im a bad, BAD person! Oh well!
Hobbit chapter 4 . 10/6/2004
*smack*

get offa your butt over there in university and start writing another chapter!

er...finish chapter 4!

this is turning into a Chapter 11 for you...

and Chapter 10...

of the original, that is...:D

start writing!

:D
Estuaree chapter 4 . 9/14/2004
_ it's so odd to hear Maverick talking! Really neat, though! An exciting improvement. Dang, I can't imagine it much worse here at the end. I loved your description of the 'plank trial', especially the paintbrush reference (Personally, I think I'm a better artist than writer :P), once again, such an understandable, intriguing style of writing. Some ingenious ideas here from everybody, oh, and I love how Suma's- oh- I mean, Charlie's (sorry!) leg flew up when she caught that board. XD The mental image looks so funny, a great thing to point on. Can't wait till the next chapter!

Bluebangles
Estuaree chapter 3 . 9/14/2004
There was an old lady who swallowed a spider! It wriggled and jiggled and wiggled inside her. She swallowed the spider to catch the fly. I don’t know why she swallowed a fly but I think she’ll die. !Que triste! I never heard that saying before! Quite interesting. Quite a twinge of bad luck, but determination pulls through once more! Tobias's such a pig. ;P. I think showing his fear was an awesome addition, though. Makes for quite a lot of openings in later plots, too (not that I'd know what they were). After all, nobody's TOTALLY bad... except... hmm... anyways! I loved that fear in Topaz's eye here at the end! So human, so real! Unlike those blindly trusting, ooey gooey emotional trainers! **shudder**, I loved this part. Tezza's first real part of trainer PAIN! Hope things get better for her... NOT! (kidding) Btw, I suppose you're not updating original WOC, right? I don't think so. Will it follow basically the same plotline, though, like this one has? I'm just curious, you know, like you said the later stuff that would be coming up, I suppose if it came after Original WOC's events, it'd take a while, eh? . This is such a spectacular improvement now, (and it was great THEN) that I wouldn't mind at all, just curious. THnx!
Estuaree chapter 2 . 9/14/2004
Ah, another refreshing chapter. Nice descrips when she was choosing, good to see variety. More of Fury's personality shines through, as does Topaz's determination. Glad to see things are going well for her, good depiction of everyday life as a trainer.
Estuaree chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
Woah, I accidentally reviewed your original WOC! _ my bad! Hope it was up to par, nice chunky reviews are the best! OK, now that I'm on track, on to chapter two AGAIN!