Reviews for Tomorrow
geekBoots chapter 1 . 4/19
As a person who regularly beats the pulp out of my favorite characters, I must say-I enjoyed this a LOT! The image of Rowdy landing on horns is particularly vivid and gruesome. I think Favor's reaction makes this work really well, too. They always say in fight choreography that the reactions are what sell the punches, and I think that's true in storytelling, too. Favor's reaction makes it real and makes it hurt. Critique-wise: There are a few things that don't quite work for me. Favor going from denial ("You're gonna be fine...") to acceptance in like a line ("Yeah, it has...") doesn't seem quite right. Similarly, Rowdy's apparent disbelief ("He looks at me strangely[...]") to desperate acceptance ("Right...") is a pretty quick change in willingness to believe an obvious lie with no clear change in circumstance. Did his pain suddenly increase? Has time passed? These kind of things may explain the change of heart. Honestly, I think most of these could be fixed by just expanding on what you've got. It's a solid beginning and I'd love to read more. (Although I am admittedly biased toward wanting to read more of your writing!) Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us. Awesome fic.
Me chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
About half way though I had so many tears a could bearly read the story. If anyone can make Favor cry, it Rowdy. Awesome job. Rowdy, Pete, and Mushy are my favorites.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
*sniff*

Man, you've got me crying. Rowdy had always been my favorite (totally agree about the smile.:D), and this...Goodness.

It's great though.
ruth chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
i know i'm a little late in reviewing this, but i only just found out there are rawhide stories around - AND THIS ONE IS EXCELLENT!
Adin Sharp chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
It's good to know that you're still writing Greywolf.

As for the story, well, I haven't watch any of the

Rawhide episodes but this fic makes me want to see

it.

Good job, Grey.
Mirna Cicioni chapter 1 . 6/10/2001
Grey, it's a very good story - short,economical, very much in character,and very moving. Favourite moments: the *excellent* flashback of the accident, and "Some part of me tells me that if I say good-bye, he can't leave". My one reservation (I always have one - the Favor side of myself?): I would have liked 2-3 additional lines at the very end, about how F's life is going to be different now that R is no longer in it ('someone to make him smile" doesn't quite do justice to the complexities of their relationship), and maybe something about F's life being on the trail, headin 'em up, with Wishbone and Pete and the others.

But please let me repeat, it's a very good story, and at least 1 reader was moved by it.
Teri chapter 1 . 5/26/2001
Oh you are a sadist! The Freudian small print gave me fits as did the story. You too have the characters down to a "T". You didn't want to write this story, did you? Its just post Xmas blues, your birth day, yeah, that's it. Well cheer up, it the great Cosmos there is a never ending trail loop between Texas and the cattle pens and our favorite fellows are alays and will always be kicking beeves up the trail! Ah, I do love those guys! Keep the stories coming! If you want to run some by me for ideas or whatever, feel free. I'm imposing on you aren't I? Turn about's fair play! Take care! Teri
teri chapter 1 . 4/22/2001
The promised fanfiction! WRITTEN material. Oh joy. Oh goodie. OH great! A review of this story? Very nice. Very much in character. I never took G at face value but in his interactions with the crew. Truth be told, he never suffered fools gladly. Most times, his mouthing off was to some self identified fool...or somebody behaving in said manner. I always loved the way he'd back his play in excersising his judgment. That was a man who filled his boots as a MAN..sigh. teri
Lorrie chapter 1 . 3/16/2001
I can't believe you killed off Rowdy. This was really good. I haven't thought about the show "Rawhide" in years. I can remember being in high school and staying up late to watch it on an out of state station that we could pick up, but not as clearly as I would have liked to. Rowdy was always my favorite character on the show.
Pudge chapter 1 . 2/28/2001
I like it...
Mavis chapter 1 . 1/21/2001
How sad. I think Gil feels far more than he'd ever admit to even to himself.
Sharon chapter 1 . 1/13/2001
Oh, I don't know I think Gil is the crying type he just doesn't want anyone to know it. but leave it to Rowdy to get him to shed at least one tear. You have an excellant insite with these characters. Keep bringing us more of their stories. Thank you.