Reviews for Conversations with a Hat
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 3/10
I think this is your best entry so far in this piece. It really shows us something of Regulus's character and his inner conflict between pleasing his family and being happy ... which are obviously not the same things. He's right ... It's a heavy burden for an 11-year-old to carry.

Even though we didn't learn much about Regulus until DH, I think you've done a good job of showing the war he must have carried on inside all of those years. I think he must have been a very lonely young man. Kreacher seems to have been his closest companion, the one who truly loved him most.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 3/10
Lockhart ... Bah! I'll bet he was hard to place, because he has few qualities that any house prizes. He is much too big a coward for Gryffindor. There isn't a loyal bone in his body and he is unwilling to do his own work, so he's no Hufflepuff. He isn't intelligent enough to be a 'Claw, unless you count some sort of prowess at memory charms. But we don't really know how well he did them, do we? For all we know, his victims might have been turned into imbeciles, as he himself was when his own charm backfired on him. He is hardly cunning, but he is ambitious and ruthless. As far as I can see, Slytherin is the only house with whom he shares any traits at all. I bet Bella and Lucy had fun with him.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 3/10
LOL at Hermione for thinking Percy is cute. I think Hermione might have made a good Slytherin. After all, she is nothing if not cunning and ambitious. It would be interesting to see how Snape would have treated her if she'd been a snake instead of a lion.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 3/10
"Malfoys are not to be mocked under any circumstances." If he only knew that his arrogant, ridiculous, preening behavior was what led to the mocking. What . An . Idiot!
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 3/10
Tonks's dad, Ted, was actually a Muggleborn WIZARD, not a Muggle. Also, in an interview, I believe, JKR said that Tonks was a Hufflepuff. Since it's your story, I suppose you can change people, if you choose. :) I wonder what her dad's house was.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 3/10
Remus is another one who would have done well in Hufflepuff ... with Padfoot.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 3/10
I actually think Hufflepuff would gave been a good house for both Neville and Harry. It might even have been good for Hermione, because she needed friends. Sprout, I think, would have mentored and supervised all three kids better, and Harry and Hermione might not have gotten into as many scrapes. JM2K, of course ...
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 3/10
Oh, I would have enjoyed more of an argument, and maybe have the Hat try to place him in ... HUFFLEPUFF! Sirius is terribly loyal. I think it's his defining trait.

It would have been funny to actually put him in Hufflepuff and then have his parents come to the school and demand a resorting ... only to gave him placed in Gryffindor the second time! (I know, I'm evil.)
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 3/10
It's funny Luna mentioned lice. Every time I read the Hat scenes (or see them in a movie), I think about kids and head lice. (I'm a retired teacher, and I've seen a lot of it. :p ) Actually, McGonagall or Flitwick must do some sort of magical fumigation on the hat. Or perhaps wizards don't get lice. Then again, Luna mentioned it, so ...
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 3/10
That sounds just about right, except for one thing: The Hat SHOULD gave out him in Slytherin. Percy is a major Slytherin. He totally forgot his heart and broke the hearts of his family for too long. The dummy!
CharmHallow14098 chapter 10 . 1/23
Lockhart is in Ravenclaw! so... and Andy was in Slytherin, Sirius was the FIRST Black EVER to be in any house other then Slytherin. Each and Every black was put in Slytherin including Andy. Check potter wiki the next time you sort someone and... Tonks was a HUFFLEPUFF NOT A GRYFFINDOR OKAY!?
CharmHallow14098 chapter 8 . 9/19/2013
Andy was a Slytherin
CharmHallow14098 chapter 6 . 9/19/2013
Tonks was a Hufflepuf.
L.Bud chapter 9 . 6/30/2013
Again, very good chapter! I like the Sorting Hat's question about brains or heart, and Hermoine's answer. Oh, a silly thing that you might've already done, but can one of the characters mention the Hat's song, please? Thanks!
L.Bud chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
Perhaps I'm a softie for "poetic" words, but I just LOVE this part:" You're doing what you're doing even though you're scared. If you weren't scared, it wouldn't be bravery. That's what being a Gryffindor means."

Yup, got to remember that one. Nice!