Reviews for Far From Home
PFChang'sChaiAppleCobblerIsYum chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Really good.
Hippie Jade chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
I loved this and my only regret is that my reveiw can't do it justice. It was well written and a pleasure to read!
Levade chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
How did I miss this for so long? My loss! This is such a great continuation of the first story and, not to insult because I loved the first as well, has more depth. More of a feel to what is going on in the lands. And yes, well, admittedly, I have a huge soft spot for Glorfindel. I love that you don't write him as either a braggart, a dimwit or HERO (in glowing, neon letters). He's thoughtful, melancholy (as all Eldar seem to be), an yet amused by something as fun as a snowball fight, or his feet making actual, deep imprints in the snowy ground. The details are icing and this was a delicious story. Now I mourn there is no more!

Peace,

Levade
Kalisona chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Beautiful story. Really, I can't believe how few reviews you have! O_o You should have so much more praise for your amazing works. Well, thank you for writing this, it was amazing and a joy to read!

~Kali
duj chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
You have a particular interest in veterans of war and how they rebuild their lives.
grumpy chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
hi there, i know this is a bit late, but i wanted to say how much i liked your story "far from home". great story, and I liked seeing the view of life in the white city, from Glorfindel's point of view. looking forward to more
TrinityC chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
Glorious. I always hoped you'd write more to follow "Fair Folk. . ." and here you have; thankyou! This is just lovely, very original - it had never occurred to me to wonder what happened to the Haradrim after the War of the Ring was over. I love the way you get right inside Glorfindel's thoughts and emotions. And I just can't stop smiling at the image of Arwen in a snowball fight - I knew she wasn't always the regal Elven queen but knew how to have fun on occasion too!
Just great. Hope to see more sometime. . .
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
I can not even imagine why there is not yet a review of this story. Perhaps it's too good *g*, whatever the reason it's simply not fair. This was so good and so heartwarming, like a wonderful jewel to be kept as special. Just the right amount of sadness and sweetness for my favorite elf (wouldn't you just love to give him a big hug) to get his character right. In fact all your canon characters feel right. The idea of an ambassador from Harad in Gondor also was excellent. Thank you, thank you for sharing.
Kitty2228 chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
What a nice surprise to find this story this morning while eating my grape fruit. This was such a well written piece I was sad to see the end, but I hope that eventually you plan on writing the exploits of Glorfindel and Mashara's visit to Harad. You did a great job at writing their easy camaraderie. I was really expecting something more sinister from the summary, but was pleasantly surprised.
The opening scene was lovely, especially: "He opened his eyes. Only one star remained in the lightening sky. Yes, his hope had not been in vain. His sacrifice had allowed some to escape and in a fashion the city that was here and now was a part of the city that was gone, for those who had built it were of Eärendil’s line."
Great work, I look forward to seeing more someday! Kitty28!