Reviews for Monsters
piratestreasure1780 chapter 1 . 5/21/2018
That was absolutely amazing. I'd like to say so much more, but I am just at a loss for words.
Sakura Moon chapter 1 . 9/17/2017
Hi, Are you still alive? I was wondering what's the status update on your sequel, Mayhem in Manhattan. I enjoyed reading "Elementary, My Dear" in my teens and the years have passed. So I was wondering if you're still writing?
Nearing Midnight chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
AMAZINGLY written. I loved this so much, and it had a really sweet ending. It definitely shows the true depth of Holmes' and Watson's friendship, especially when faced with such a unique and deadly situation such as this.

I honestly can't convey my love of this story enough in words. It's absolutely amazing. Definitely going straight on my favourites list, and it's one of my favourite Canon fanfictions to date. Gosh, I think I'll reread it after I post this review.

-NM
iswiminrain chapter 1 . 5/13/2015
That was simply gorgeous. I am at a loss for words about what to say because I loved it so much, especially the part where it's revealed what Holmes' Shoggolem was. That was really touching and made me throat tighten. (Any relation to the Shoggoths from the HP Lovecraft mythos, perhaps? Also I see the Mad Arab made his way into your story. I am surprised he left his Necronimicom (spelling?) at home. There is little else to say than that this was lovely and such a nice little horrific surprise and that you had an interesting blend of my two favorite authors (Lovecraft plus ACD). "The game is a foot..." I always wanted to say that, made me crack a grin. Poor Holmes, poor dear Watson. Thanks for writing and sharing this. Hopefully you consider coming back to the Holmes canon someday.
PSW chapter 1 . 4/24/2015
Um...wow. Well, that was creepy... :-P Very well done, thanks for writing!
Snowstorm Symphony chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
This was a chilling horror story that I am sure I won't soon forget! The plot and atmospherics were wonderfully drawn, and besides that, it made for a powerful look at their friendship. I think it might be one of the best Holmes/supernatural amalgamations I've yet to read.
tripleransom chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Well that was quite a ride! A very intense story, indeed. I like the dark hints of elder magics.
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Sounds like that case was rough.
AutumnAtMidnite chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Holy... this was an amazingly fast paced, well written and thoroughly enjoyable fic. I find myself a little short of breath still, from that ending. Just amazing. And one of the best works of fan fic I've ever read.
mrspencil chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Stunning work! Very atmospheric and absolutely horrifying. Very well done:)

Mrs P:)
formerfanficcer chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
I almost never read supernatural stories when it comes to Sherlock Holmes pastiches/fan fic, because logic and folklore don't often mix well. I confess that not only did this story come off as genuinely plausible to a seasoned horror fan, it's possible at the end I may have turned the lights on in damn near every room since I am reading this at two in the morning...

The way you blended Jewish mythology (which I have a fondness for) and traditional Holmes mystery was no less than brilliant. This is a phenomenal piece of writing.

And now I am off to frantically search Amazon for your published works :)
xxClosed Accountxx chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Oh, wow! That was different, powerful and very well written.

The scary parts were terrifying indeed *shudders* and I like how you made this both a horror/supernatural adventure with a mystery there to be solved as well as a friendship story. That was genius! The mythology was great too.

Seeing Holmes going through those intense emotions after facing "his worst fear" was heartbreaking yet very touching and sweet, so was seeing Watson crying upon finding out what that worst fear was. *sniff*

I felt bad for Holmes; and for Watson having to keep all the happenings to himself for his friend's sake, but I guess he is more than capable of it. And he doesn't mind doing it either especially now that he knows how Holmes feels about him. He will be more protective than ever. He is a "K'tha" anyway. :) (I wonder what Holmes is called in Kavas' universe.)

Thank you for a memorable read.

You are very good. You ideas are creative, and your writing is beautiful. Such a pity you don't seem to be writing on here anymore. Good luck with whatever you are doing now.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Oh, my. If this was a college submission, I'd love to see the book. Wow.

Would I be wrong in assuming that Kavas is some sort of angel?

Keep writing!
SeeKayWrite chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
wow, definitely unique, I like this one a lot
Twisted Midnight Dreams chapter 1 . 11/8/2008