Reviews for Monsters
A.K.Rai chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
I know this was written ages ago, but I just read it and its fantastic! You write perfectly, and this will definetly go on my fav!
innocentsmith chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
What fun! And how appropriate that, when the task was to be still and follow instructions, Watson was the stronger and the better man for the job. The appearance of Moriarty really made me catch my breath, and 'Your friend loves you and you weep' was just a great line. This is going in my faves.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
That was cool.
blackmare chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
This is amazing. It feels like you've really done your homework, to start with; and the character of Kavas is creepy, intriguing, terrifying and then surprisingly sympathetic.

Your tone is perfect-I just can't find anything to critique here. When Watson said "it was not my life I held" I just about came unglued. And how devastating to have to see Watson, forced to sit silent while Holmes endures the worst possible terror and even tries to kill himself in his grief.

After this, I'll read anything of yours I can get my hands on.

Mare
Silverwaterdragon chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Wow. I am not much for horror, usally of late it's all blood and no story, but this was opposite to that is was great. Kind of like Hell Boy type story meet Sherlock Holmes. Kavas is a fantastic mysterious horror charactor. His apperance and actions, sets the mood to follow.
willywonka3435 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
This was fantastic. I LOVED it. And now I'm going to go look up that novel of yours.

Thank you.
Valerian Spellcaster chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Oh, wow. I'm very very impressed by what I have just gone through here. what you wrote as Holmes' greatest fear... it's all so touching. I congratulate you for being such a great writer. you have my respects.

As for your novel, I'm trying to get my hand on it, but so far, nothing I can do :( Don't worry... I will not give up. I'll just ask it for my birthday present from my parents instead... I'll see what I can do, but I will get my hands on that book... someday... somehow.

ZSBS
Garrideb chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Amazing. I absolutely adore this story. Holmes's reaction when he thinks he's killed Watson and how he,without hesitation, tries to kill himself is chilling, but great. And Holmes going to sleep holding Watsons' hand. And Watson crying when he realizes Holmes' greatest fear. All of it was just wonderful. And I love the line "why do you weep, k'tha? your friend loves you and you weep." Beautiful. Bravo. :)
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
Good grief, this was intense! Bravo, bravo.
Melwasul chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Awesome! Brilliant! These are the best kind of stories. The Shoggolem remids me very much of a Boggart... hmm.. )
WindSPun chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
This is the second and last time that I will leave a trace of my existence for your taking. Last time when I regarded you as an equal, I asked you to -just maybe- read what little is under this name of mine. But now I know more and am the lesser for it. If you have any kindness for a stranger please do not respond and do not read what this Windspun person has written. Only, let me say that I like the plot. However, there could be a bit more spacing and elaboration in the pit. Dai.
hannah holmes chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
hey there march hare. Just a little note to say that I enjoyed this story of yours; wasn't really expecting the supernatural twist, but it wasn't an unpleasant surprise. Is the whole 'book of light/darkness' thing based on another book or some myth? I hadn't heard of it, or any of the spirits it unleashed.

Anyway, really enjoyed it and please don't leave MIM unfinished!
ShadowRenaman chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Hey, ho! This was really cool! I like the way you wrote the story in Watson's point of view. You have a lot of talent, and I shall now check out that book.

Tootles! _
shedoc chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
Woo!

Cleverly written, and you obviously paid attention to the indertones in cannon to get this so perfectly right!

Thanks for sharing
Animejo chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Superb, but that's not surprising. All your stories are great. By the way, I have recently read a book which included a character extremely similar to Holmes. Lord Havelock Vetinari? I recently stumbled upon a story involving these two geniuses. Might you have heard of it? "The Detective and the Diplomat" by Bath Ginspanier. It's in the book crossovers on .
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »