Reviews for Monsters
shedoc chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
Woo!

Cleverly written, and you obviously paid attention to the indertones in cannon to get this so perfectly right!

Thanks for sharing
Animejo chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Superb, but that's not surprising. All your stories are great. By the way, I have recently read a book which included a character extremely similar to Holmes. Lord Havelock Vetinari? I recently stumbled upon a story involving these two geniuses. Might you have heard of it? "The Detective and the Diplomat" by Bath Ginspanier. It's in the book crossovers on .
GSYH chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Wow, trippy.
I must admit, the horror for me was more the waiting of it that itself. After left, I had such a sense of terror, that I went to retrieve one of my dolls. Of course, what happens next, while less horriflying than I thought it, is no less good, I love the drama, and the touching details. Watson is very dear to Holmes, I reckon Watson is the only friend he has.
Wow, thanks for giving me hope for future Sherlockian reads. I started SH in my preteens, and was always rather miffed that I would soon run out of SH stories to read. It is for that reason that I paced myself, and resolve not to read The Last Bow until I'm at least 50. Then people like you come along, and write stuff that could easily fit into the cannon, extending the 60 stories. Thank you.
May I reccomend another short story, A Study In the Emerald by Neil Gaiman? It's a lovecraft and SH crossoverish, the Queen is called Victoria, because she had victory over them 700 years before...
It was published in "Shadows Over Baker Street", and rec at an LJ community, 221b_bakerst, a distrubing good read.
Though. I find it strange that after being pushed out by a strange pair of hands, Holmes will issue an arrest warrant rather than checking out WHO pushed him.
I'm sadly too incoherent at the moment to give you a decent review, maybe I can e-mail later? Do you have an LJ?( .com), it's another place you can post your fics, and recieve reviews in the form of comments.
Muccamukk chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
I read your fic. Then I read it again. And again. Three more times for luck *g*
I think that his has to be one of the best SH fics that I have ever read. I could not take my eyes off the screen until I had finished it.
You achieved superb emotional resonance. In the scene where Holmes thought he had shot Watson, I almost cried and my heart hurt. I have rarely read a fic that moved me this much.
Your characterisation of Watson is brilliant. Too often the poor guy gets treated rather shabbily.
Please keep writing.
DemonaHHH chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
Uh oh, it's not technically fanfic? Be careful, there are some who will report things like this! Even I got some stories that may violate certain rules here that I hope never get complaints on. You got a nice style here, Nick Pacione gave me the link to it. Good job, and good luck promoting your stuff.
Nickolaus Pacione chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
I did an expanded review of this via email so I thought I would post more notes here. Way you write here reminds me of how I write when I do original horror. I am going to see if I can get this in the hands of the people who published . You should join and promote this story. It is a strong read as I mentioned in my signed version of the review. I went back and re-read it again after my work getting published on Temple of , it reminds me very much of my Cthulhu Mythos work.
Wandering Muse chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
Have you heard of a book entitled "Shadows Over Baker Street"? Your story reminded me of that book. "Shadows Over Baker Street" stars Sherlock Holmes in an H.P. Lovecraft world. Should they ever organize another "Shadows Over Baker Street", I'd suggest that you enter this story for submisson. It would undoutably be one of the best stories submitted.
No1 chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
This is an amazing one shot if you ask me! And a nice departure from the Nona Brown escapades. VERY well done here! I love the writing style and your usage of the English language. It's all just so... wow! :D
..And about the novel? I am ordering that one! There's no doubt about that!
Nickolaus Pacione chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
I was reading this, you know your influences. I wrote one as well. You are pretty close to Robert Bloch's style though - you say you are no Robert Bloch, I am influenced by his mentor. H.P. Lovecraft. Bloch is a master of this genre, and you have the makings of one here. I like the way you wrote this and keep the scare going. This is the way that A.C. Doyle intended Holmes to be. It would be an honour to cowrite a story with you if you are going to write another one. I have Holmes facing off against the Cthulhu cult.
Mysterylover17 chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
OMG! That was totally amazing! OMG! You're an awesome writer! I wish I had one millionth of your talent. *glares at her own manuscript 'Time Warp'.* Amazing, there's no other word to describe this...wow! Please keep up the awesome work and I'm gonna try and get your book ASAP! Hopefully your cold will go away soon!
take care and please keep writing!
Lady Russell Holmes chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
This was awesome. Absolutely ripper.
T'Lorie chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
wow, that was different from some of the others but still very good. You're writing style is has developed incrediably and you write in character. Now if oly i didn't live in this despicale hole i might be able to get my hands on your book.
Northstar1 chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
I said something similar when you took us into the mind of a younger Moriarty, Madame Hare: Holy cow.
I am impressed with the story more than I can say. It is one of those that will stick in my mind. Is there any way we could get a second story like this one? A continuance, perhaps?
I liked the twists and turns of this case: one where the answer is already known, but the obejctive is not the traditional 'solve mystery catch crook.'
Very intriguing, and once again I can only express my hope for a second story in the same vein. A series would be beyond my wildest hopes!
~N
QueenOfSpain chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
I love this, b/c it's like the classic style of Holmes mysteries. I love the supernatural twist, too. _!
Hope to see more of your stories soon!
violentrabbit chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
That was excellent. I... my god... will write mnore when head is clarerer. :)
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »