Reviews for Monsters
LA Suka chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
Wow... That was totally amazing. I can see why it was so draining to write; something like this doesn't come just happen like that, it takes a lot of time and effort. I really hope you write some more soon!
Carolinus Took chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
that was weird and freaky. i don't think i like it much, although well written.
marilyn p chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
You are indeed a mistress of the art and of the craft. I intensely dislike horror stories, yet you gently drew me in. The humour at the start, Watson's devoted concern and care of Holmes, Holmes collapse at realizing he had 'killed' his friend. The descriptions of Kavas and of the horrible place. Colourful, horrible, brilliant.
pleasantly anonymous chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
Whoa, that was like a cross between Doyle and Poe. I take it you plan to pursue an MFA. :-)
reader.ru chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
But what of Avadon? (Azazel's brother) Herald of the Death.. The first angel, as black as Azazel, whose wings were decorated with pairs of human eyes. He came to people with closed eyes and only moribund met his gaze. Avadon looked this person in the eyes and the later read his sentence in them. And if a person could meet with Azazel during his life for several times, with Avadon he could meet only once. And the lucky man, who got away from his death from Azazel's hand was gifted by Avadon a pair of eyes from his wings, which let the man get a new view on everything. They were eyes for the man's soul!..

Gee.. Even this speech couldn't dry the tears from my eyes. Not only "The Albion are a strange people" :((
R. thanks for the story, March.. It was really great!
Estriel chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
I love! Its pretty dark, eh? I like all the references to mythology- are they true? They seemed to be so realistic! I'm gonna go read it again because I don' think I took it all in so well; I was too into the story! I particularly liked your characterisation- I think its one of your strong points, and Kavas was damn scary! Also, I liked how you had Kavas call Watson K'tha, to show his strange accent, I presume? It worked well!
Hope there's more soon and that promotional work for 'A Night at the Cup and Saucer' goes well! My mom says I can order it at the weekend!
Luv Es x
Hank Riddle chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
Wow. Just... wow. Have you ever read the compilation _Shadows Over Baker Street_? It combines the worlds of Doyle and Lovecraft, and this story reads as if it should be among them. Beautiful discriptions; you paint each scene so vividly that the reader is instantly drawn into the action with a palpable sense of dread and horror. The depth of emotion shown by both Holmes and Watson is touching and heart-breakingly sweet; love like that is rare indeed. Am in awe...
-Hank Riddle-
SotUDU chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
This was fantastic. I only wish it wasn't a one-shot fic. It would be nice to r&r mine, but since it's not in the Sherlock Holmes section, you don't have to.
~Supporter of the Upside Down Umbrella~ (SotUDU)
SotUDU chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
~Supporter of the Upside Down Umbrella~ (SotUDU)
Arctic Squirrel chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
Yay! I loved it! How incredibly creative! It's like Sherlock Holmes meets Indiana Jones. Was Kavas an angel? That's what it seemed like to me... or what I inferred anyway. Keep up the good work. And I want a signed copy of that book, by the way. ;)
Lydiby chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
eeriely beguiling. That sect of mysticism is real? that's crazy, i like it. Sounds useful, i need to research soma this stuff myself. Wow, nefarious, can Holmes get past it? Would he be logical to a fault after so many years of working one way, for all the famous quote o' elimination. i'd love to see anotha chapter of this laid down. Holmes is so much fun to throw in and just watch him react. The very best kind of catalyst.
Kenta Divina chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
WOW! I'm in absolute delight! I tied first place! Black Roses's work was quite entertaining too. I was afraid mine would be on the depressing side, but it's a good balance.
Freaky addition by the way, but very good. How much research did you do for it? Mixing truth with imagination is probably one of the most interesting reading combinations there can be. Poor Watson, bearing a new addtional load of watching for the supernatural. What would he ever say to Holmes if another situation like this came about?
Oh, my email is . However, next spring I'l going abroad to England :) ::how cool is that!:: so it may change. I'll make sure to note it in my profile.
Again, thank you so very very much. I'm greatly honored.
Elisa chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
If I liked the story- I LOVED this story! WOW!
I wish there were more chapters- just so that it wouldn't end! I would love to see more of your Holmes/Watson stories. Please write more! WOW again ! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Vidar chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
Awesome. Purely awesome.
You know March, I work at Barnes&Noble. M...30% discount off all books *drool* I'll look up your book next time. I promise to buy it when I do!
Cheers,