Reviews for Fated
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Beautifully done . . . a haunting glance at the future. Everything fits together very well.

Thanks for your reviews, by the way.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Poor Nerdanel, and poor Ambarto. I take that you follow Tolkien's original story to have him burn at Alqualonde? good job, again my Lady.
Noldo chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
Perfect. Subtle, and poignant.
Indille chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Very, very apt. And so simple, as others have said... Again, without grounding your idea nearly at all, you have created something very powerful indeed.
Nyere chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
I thought long and hard, staring at this for about twenty minutes...

...and I cried. Such simplicity made me cry, and I am proud.
Nol chapter 1 . 6/15/2004
Oh, this is lovely. Poignant and oddly subtle, even though it doen't mince words. Love this Nerdanel.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
Lovely. I love your style: simple and economical, yet still very eloquent.
Anya chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
I hadn't read this one of yours, Vana. It is very good. I love the words you choose, and the "archaic" feeling of it. And it is indeed, very sad too. I wonder what son is she talking about... :)
Lalaeth chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
You've truly captured Nerdanel's desperation to have the youngest left behind.
Her appeal to Feanor's pride (he shall be the most Exaulted) rang very true.
I wonder how Ambarto could have remained in Aman and not been forsworn, though? He did take the Oath with his father and brothers.
Or could he have accomplished more than the others if he had stayed?
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
Ah, this too was deeply moving as well. It is amazing how you have captured Feanor's temperament in this story, even if it is from his wife's POV.
Good work.
slightlyskewed chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
OOh, you emphasized my favorite part of Nerdanel's argument-her insistance that Fëanor could spare one son. That's always struck me as very curious logic, in a way, it seems more like the type of thing Fëanor would think.
This is a moving little monologue, and I think every word in it's chosen well. I also really like the pronoun switch at the end *g* that was thoughtfully done.
Jen Littlebottom chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
Ouch... I love Nerdanel, and you've got her voice spot on. Wonderful little piece.