Reviews for Sunshine and Roses
ThurinRanger chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Wonderful! There are tears in my eyes! :'D
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Yes, no one really focuses on Sam. Good work!
Naebody's Aunty chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Hello Shireling,

The first time I read this story I fell in love with it and have remained so ever since.

It is beautiful and touching and a very good insight into Sam's despair at losing his Frodo even though their trials appear to be over.

Sam is my favourite character and this story was a treat to read. Excellent work!

M :)
Quickbeam1 chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Lovely story. The following lines were so sad.

“Some things are just too broke to fix...can never be put right, no matter how hard you try...!
Lhaewin chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
I found your story quite late and I am glad that I havent missed it. It is really lovely and touching, I am glad that you focussed on poor often neglected Sam.
Kazima Kuwabara chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
phwe i finally found it! luv this story and i forgot to review to tell you how good you did! Glad I rembered who the main charcters where! It would have taken me awhile to find it!. _ Yatta! love story! *huggles* I hope you keep writing!
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
I'm so glad I found this...it's a truly lovely story, and you have captured all the characters perfectly.
Holli chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
This was excellent. I love Sam stories and this one was just wonderful. You know, I never thought about the aftermath of the ring from Sam's point of view quite this way but, now that I've read this, I can really see it. Anyway, this is great stuff and I'll definitely be reading this one again!
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. Maybe I did at another website? I hope so, because if I was so ungracious as to tell you that this is one of my all time favorite stories it would be a shame. You've got Faramir so perfect, and Sam's gratitude (expressed through a lot of hard work!) exactly right. I also loved Aragorn setting the record straight with the hobbits about Sam's condition and Frodo's unconscious arrogance in commanding both King and Steward before they make it clear that they're not going to give in on this occasion.
Wonderful story.
Christine chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
Aw! Thats so cute! Great job! :)
yellowrose chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
What a beautiful story. I really liked this alot. I always felt Sam was taken for granted and you did a wonderful job bringing this to light. Allowing him to rebuild a garden would be the perfect therapy for Sam!
Althea chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
Your story is wonderful. Sadly, I've often felt that the other hobbits too often took Sam for granted, so the events in this story seem quite probable to me. It's not a stretch for me to imagine Sam's efforts as well as his needs going unnoticed by the others. My favorite lines are, "You looked at him, but you didn't see. He is fading before your eyes. Your friend, your companion and you didn't even see him." Thank goodness Faramir had eyes to see. I'm glad that he and Aragorn were able to wake the other hobbits up to Sam's plight. Sam's gardening therapy progam was perfect. Thank you for sharing this beautifully written story.
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
I love it! Dear Sam is so often overlooked in stories and that pains me. His devotion, bravery, and honor deserve to be rememberer, for Samwise is truly Samwise the Brave.