Reviews for World's Finest: Red Cape, Big City
CalliopeMused chapter 8 . 5/5/2006
Wow.

Lois and Selina got along (a little too well, almost- and I do love Catty's frankness. "I need leverage, you need a story" and "Can we keep her?"- no wonder I stayed up too late reading), Supes is an All-American boy (love that man, for all that he's a stick-in-cement sometimes), Tim's a red-blooded American boy (naughty, naughty- Robin better hope Ivy never finds out), Hel (one of my favorites in mythology, just because she's part of the very creative Norse set) had girl talk with the ladies, Talia showed up (no one else is that creepy and would say 'My Beloved'), Alfred is his usual inhumanly perfect self, and Brucie-

Bruce told jokes.

Plural. Not just a remark that may have been humorous- jokes.

And came very, very close to saying thank-you. If that man ever does get married (don't tell me, don't tell me, I'm reading through this long and wonderful series)- it'd be one hell of a day. Brucie's gotten some pretty interesting friends- and Bats/Bruce/Selina/Cats has to be one of the most interesting relationships out there.
Kazaera chapter 6 . 3/27/2005
/Das Berserkergang sind meine, ich hat, was meins ist!/

Your grammar is way off there. I'm not quite sure what you wanted to say, but I'd guess it should be something like:

/Die Berserker gehören mir!/ - "the berserkers belong to me!" - you can't really translate "are mine", it sounds funny. Not quite sure what the last part is supposed to mean, though.

You might also consider adding some translations; I've been able to follow the French and the German, but the Italian and Spanish have me completely stumped and I'm sure others have had similar problems.
Kazaera chapter 3 . 3/27/2005
/He’s always had a knack for filing on time against harried deadlines, he could somehow get into places that no other reporter in the world could get near, and he always kept his travel expenses remarkably low.”/

...all right, now you've killed me. XD
Lady J2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
Okay, yes, I'm a tourist lurking in the shadows of the Writer's Colony recently...
Just read part of the "Distinctions of the Day" thread, specifically the difference between Apocalypse and Armageddon. I have to admit, when I read "apocalypse" I immediately heard the line from Buffy, the Vampire Slayer - "I suddenly find myself needing to know the plural of apocalypse." And Armageddon springs to mind images of the final Viking battle, Ragnarok - which, hey! ties nicely into this story. So, a rather long intro, for a short kudo - just how long has the Viking thing been purcolating on that back burner anyhow (given that the post is dated 6/03)?
Way to be sneaking and using all those resources at your disposal, dang it. As always, nice tie in.
And, meow for the theme. (HA)
Hitman Tommy Monaghan chapter 8 . 5/14/2004
Good stuff.
Particular points I liked were:
's comment about Luthor exerting himself. These two seem like natural antagonists. Luthor Hates Superman for so many reasons but he'd naturally COMPETE with Batman since they share a playing field. It's good to see someone picking up on that.
2.I noticed my concerns from the last episode inre the Big S were all dealt with. writers that listen. No wonder a lot of people prefer fanfics. :)
3. The dark brooding intro for Talia was perfect. It fit the comic medium to a T without being cliche or overdone. Nice work on that one.
One critical comment for this one and I hadda go looking for it. The gargoyles. I know I know it was a cute comic book moment but I can't shake my feelings inre that story element. But hey when the only black mark is based on personal preference and feeling you're doing great.
Congrats on the collaboration guys. I look forward to the further adventures of soon. :)
Lady J2 chapter 8 . 5/14/2004
Happy sigh, happy sigh.
Time to cook dinner. Gr. Don't they make gargoyles to do that? Or Alfred? Actually, I take that back - given my living standards, Alfred would have apoplexy, then turn me out of my house with orders to not return until I'd evolved to a human.
Thanks again Chris.
Lady J2 chapter 7 . 5/14/2004
Ah, Chris, what can I say? Except the usual - snort, snicker, gawph, tee hee. Just loved the First Wives style girl chat line. And Ivy's reaction. And Lois' punch. And the 5,9 lines...
Okay, as always far to much to list, and highly entertaining. As always.
Sharon chapter 8 . 5/12/2004
"Not in MY city!"
"Not on MY planet!"
Chris, I have no idea if that parallel was deliberate, but I vote it as the funniest line of all. Great story, as always!
ussentinel chapter 8 . 5/12/2004
"It was implied."
It was kinda the stories you don't want to see end; and I suspect just a tiny bit of both of you didn't want to have it end either. I think all the characters got have their say by having some memorable (and well in-character) lines. Be proud of yourselves. Thank you.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 8 . 5/12/2004
...that was AWESOME! Love how things ended up, the bit on the yacht is very...fitting. Keep up the good work I can't wait for the next story arc you've just set into motion :-D
motherkat chapter 7 . 5/9/2004
Hiya,
Just thought I'd let you Know that I love these stories, and yes I have reviewed before, but I'm not very Bright, and I've only Just figured out how to use the Author Alert thingmy.
Thanks
MotherKat
ussentinel chapter 7 . 5/3/2004
Let's talk balance and blending. You both have a lot going on here, and I hope more folks out there get it and are paying attention. The elements of humor, characterization, dialogue, action, and pacing are all mixed into this chapter and done VERY well. I'm afraid I can't get into specifics, but there were many, many things I liked here. You both make it look easy. Thank you.
Jarissa Paxton chapter 7 . 4/29/2004
I can't get into EZBoard still, of course.
So there won't be quotes, but:
I cheered when Selina threatened Pam with disclosure.
I continue to adore the Bruce-Clark dialogue. This is great!
"Bun lady is bad!" might wind up in my someday-sigfile list. Hee.
And, lastly, when Batman was {heh} keeping Janus tongue-tied while Superman maintained the defensive wall, I felt *really* sorry for the men.
Bruce is in big trouble, and he doesn't have a clue yet.
Is this copied on MyklarCure's list also? Time to go find out, so I can spread all the gleeful gratitude around where it belongs.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 7 . 4/29/2004
Chris...WELL DONE. Chapter was great as usual, with the great dialog and comedy mixed with action to boot. Keep up hte great work, I can't wait for the next chapter!
Frog1 chapter 7 . 4/29/2004
(Laugh) That was excellent, bravo! LOVED the girl-chat scenes as well as the knockout punch that Lois gave Ivy.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »