Reviews for World's Finest: Red Cape, Big City
Hitman Tommy Monaghan chapter 7 . 4/29/2004
This chapter was wonderful. I know, I know, on to the constructive criticism part, but I needed to get that out of the way. Batman was spot on with his portrayal, the only slight quibble I have is with the Gargoyle's "instinctive" hatred of him for the grapnel. It was funny, it was a great thought, but my mind simply rebelled a bit at the animated gargoyles (presumably animated through magic and thus playing 'host' to seperate entities) remembering things from their non animated days. I know magic twists the rules and all but it did cause me to step away from the story and back into Mundania for a moment so I thought I'd mention it.
My only other quibble is Lois' part in the gitl talk. Notice I have now donned my rabid Superman fanboy cap however so all words are suspect. I just can't see Kal-el giving anyone 'puppy dog eyes.' Or accusing Lois of being 'hormonal.' The second one he might think mind you, but never say. Oh and the shampoo spit curl thing. Gah! something, anything besides that and the tantrum thing over it is not only out of character but anouther step away from the story thing. He's Superman, if the hotel doesn't carry it, he'd spend the ten seconds to fly around the world back to Metropolis and buy some at his favorite store. Having said that I once again qualify that I am not only a rabid Superman fan, but also a man and therefore probably completely and utterly in the wrong. :) Even with all that I enjoyed this story more than any comic I've read in years. Keep up the good work.
Killjoy chapter 6 . 4/21/2004
“You want to pull Blostiban of the Fifth Circle, aspect of Hel the goddess of Nifilheim, into the POWDER ROOM for some GIRL TALK?
LBR chapter 6 . 4/19/2004
You know, most writers would have just thrown together our four principles here for mainly character interaction especially since it's a first time get together in Cat-Tales...that or an action-oriented "It came from out-of-town" attack with little room for the personal stuff. You two have managed to do it the right way with events revealing character and character propelling the story. Love- the use of magic and Batman's attitude toward it; bringing in Jason Blood (his apartment anyway) as well as Miriam from earlier Cat-Tales stories and correcting the POst-version about Batman's back injury recovery with a more plausible, Bat-acceptible revision. What happens next?
ussentinel chapter 6 . 4/19/2004
Fic review aside, please indulge me a brief moment. I just want to praise your synchronicity. I can't believe how both of you pull off what you do. You mesh so well as authors and compliment each other. It's outstanding.
Two other words: action and characterization. You both do a marvelous job of keeping the flow intact and I love the dialouge from everyone here. It's as if you know how to use them, and play, and I think internally you as authors LOVE that. At least it shows to me.
I wouldn't might seeing a bit more use of Miriam in the future when this is done. Thank you.
Zorra del Cielo chapter 6 . 4/18/2004
Ok, WOW I don't know where to start! I have been reading Cat Tales forever, it seems like, but I just now registered on the site so I haven't been able to submit reviews.
I just wanted to say that you are my all time FAVORITE author! Do you write professionally? Because you should. I love everything about Cat Tales, and have driven my other comic-loving fans crazy by always comparing the "real" universe to yours. Of course, the "real" universe never seems to measure up!
Just keep up the good work! Please, please, PLEASE never stop writing, because you are amazing!
6StringSamurai13 chapter 6 . 4/16/2004
Awesome chapter Chris. Love the story, love the dialog...love everything. Keep up the good work!
Sarpedon chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
I remember back when I was a kid (I'm 23 now) how excited I would get over anything Batman, the excitment I felt when my parents took me to see the movie back when I was 9 it is something that only comes along once in a while. That re invention of a favorite character making him once again a character that you can say is cool. You Sir have made Batman cool again for me... As lame as that may sound it is true I read these stories and the mystery and excitment of Batman that I felt all those years ago comes back. You sir have made an old school Batman happy once again and I do hope you continue this series for a while.
ussentinel chapter 5 . 4/5/2004
Awrighty, we get to the "meat," the "nitty-gritty" if you will. IMO writing (describing) action scenes is not as easy for the writer(s) as one might think. I think it's often overlooked by a reviewer, and sometimes taken for granted by the reader. You did an excellent job of it here and I think it was no small feat. I did kinda see a pattern of "Superman was ..." a couple of times, but I don't think there was really a way to frame it differently, or hedge around it. The Lois/Selina stuff? Outstanding. The Superman/Batman stuff ("Celtic?" "Nordic.")? Perfect. VERY nice Robin scene, too. (Has anyone commented on how well this would translate to a movie script? or at least an animated feature?) I hate to be repetitive in my reviews (stating specific words I loved; how things were described). I'll close with I loved the word selection and description and how much care was put in this chapter. Thank you.
Kimberly Towle chapter 5 . 4/2/2004
ACK! Gahh, I HATE it when you end your chapters with cliff-hangers!
Write more, RIGHT NOW!
Esther-Channah chapter 5 . 4/2/2004
E! There are times when I really hate having my predictions come out right. Great chapter. Waiting for the next with bated breath.
Princess P chapter 5 . 4/1/2004
This is a fantastic chapter. Very riveting. Please don't make us wait too long for more.
Batwoman chapter 5 . 4/1/2004
Please continue! I want to see what happens to Batman.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 5 . 4/1/2004
God damn...this story rocks. Keep up the great work Chris, I can't wait for the next chapter.
EstherChannah chapter 4 . 3/23/2004
So all of Bruce's injuries are coming back bigtime? Here's hoping he won't have to deal with the beating Bane inflicted on him right in the middle of a fight. I Love this story and all the Cat-tails. Can't wait for the next installment. Oh, and if I were Clark, I'd be very afraid of a Lois-Selina team-up. He'd be better off taking his chances with red Kryptonite.
ussentinel chapter 4 . 3/22/2004
Occasionally, when I read comics or fics, I'll ask myself, "Why didn't the author(s) have the character use his/her power when he/she was in a given situation?" What I liked here was the how/when/why when Clark used his hearing re: Robinson Park.
Nice touches: Clark getting a dessert that resembles apple pie (but not quite). The honest, nice banter/exchange between Selina & Lois. Selina's recollection of Xanadu as a pivotal moment. The grandfather clock set to the hands of 10:47.
Well done, folks! Thank you.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »