Reviews for His Majesty's Pearl
InDeepDarkWood chapter 20 . 4/4
Annnnnnnd...here's a review for HMP - again, sorry I didn't review.
I actually thought this sequel was better than the original, which is a very rare thought - you played on all the personalities and histories you created in Legacy, and brought them to life once more with the intro of some new 'uns. The intricate plotline was more mature and very well thought-out.
Also, gotta love Jack getting some romance; real stuff, not just one night stands ;) Thought all of the relationships were very good and made sense (glad you brought back that hilarious scene from first film) though my favourite was the Jack-Anamaria - worked really well.
Good job again! :)
Skystrike26 chapter 20 . 8/21/2006
Holy crap. Best second story to a series ever! The first being the best FIRST story and the third...I'm guessing will be the first third best story in a series but I have yet to read it! I have no doubts. Great job!
euphemismsgalore chapter 10 . 11/24/2005
I am not sure why I didn't catch this fiction before. It is extremely well written so far (chap 10). I read the first 10 chapters in one sitting. I love your portrayal of Elizabeth (my fav' character). Some "authors" (I use that term sparsely so just bear with me here) write Elizabeth's character into a shreiking disobeying banshee to emphasize her blunt strength. You've pegged her marvelously in showing her uncompromising will-power *pun intended*. You've depicted Will extremely well again a stark contrast to the usual "vulnerable simpleton" routine that is all too abundant around here. Every other character from Jack to Gibbs is equally given justice to as well since you are not making the main characters out to be the "super heros that can do no wrong."

You story is gripping and your style leaves the reader wanting more. Kudoz!
Kou Shun'u chapter 18 . 8/2/2005
man, i love norrington. he's so great. and jack and he together always

brings a smile to my face.

as for my lack of comments in the inbetween chaps-well im offline

reading it and thus the writing of reviews comes much less frequently

without it being a click away.

and "james" now is it? _ hehehehe
Kou Shun'u chapter 2 . 8/2/2005
the black pearl eh? you like those tie ins dont you.
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
{ "They should come and go at my bidding." "I see. Just as I do,

eh?"} _

cyrinofanders chapter 19 . 6/12/2005
ok.. so yesterday I re read both Legacy and His Majesty's Pearl...with good reason.. and yes, now I know for sure that I want these to be made in film format..

also.. I was noting throughout which lines I really enjoyed, but only made specific note of them starting at ch 7 of this tale.. sorry...but here ya go..

‘"The Pearl is yours."

Joshamee Gibbs stared Bootstrap in the eye for a long moment. "No, she's not." He looked back down at Jack, who was pale and still. "But I'll hold 'er for him."’

‘A hand, still on his forehead, was connected by the usual means to an arm and eventually the shoulder of a woman who was leaning slightly over him, her eyes half closed and her head tilted as if she were listening for something.’

‘He rubbed his free hand over his eyes, speaking reluctantly. "She's hurt. But she's still afloat."

"Ah." The woman smiled, seemed to relax somewhat. "Like her master."’

‘"Aye, lad, but you can't see the kind of stress that makes a rope snap out o' nowhere. Inside, it is. Like a man."’

‘He glanced quickly out to sea with futile hope and turned toward the shore. He had splashed a few steps when he stopped with a graceful spin, ran back and reached underwater to grab the sunken bottle of rum.’

‘The Black Pearl rocked gently as the tide pulled her toward the sea, not so roughly as to disturb her anchorage, but enough to have her calmly nodding agreement as her captain spoke quietly at her bow.‘

‘The commodore's eyebrows rose. "From time to time, Captain, there are jobs that are better suited to those more accustomed to the underbelly of the law."

Jack began to protest, then stopped with a resigned shrug. "I must admit to some familiarity with said underbelly."’

‘Under the island trees lips met in darkness, gentle fingers ran in caresses that spilled across skin like silk and starlight.

"You know, I may come back, love."

Teeth glimmered like pearls. "And I may be here, Zulee."

Laughter was reduced to sultry giggles, and then to other sounds entirely.’

‘"And everyone that I call friend knows they will not be forgot."’
Bules chapter 20 . 1/4/2005
Another great story! Elizabeth bringing the Pearl through a story - brilliant! The reference to the Dread Pirate Roberts also made me smile! You write wonderful stories that make you feel like you are there! Keep up the good work.
Alteng chapter 20 . 11/12/2004
I finally got around to reading this. I've been busy with a Yu-Gi-Oh story, and I very been overworked at work.

Nice ending, or should I say beginning. Oh, and I did get the Princess Bride reference in the previous chapter. Always a classic.

Geez, King George certainly didn't give Jack time to even take a nap! Oh well, at least now I have a time frame to deal with in my own story, because I am having the crew head for England . . . haven't decided the main purpose, but they are headed there.

So, you will have to write another sequel about this adventure.

Oh, and a nice gift to Coqui.
cyrin chapter 20 . 10/24/2004

Don't make it end! At least, not so soon! Or rather, not so soon without having another story in the works... ::hinthint::

That being said, I liked the way you wound up this story and left yourself room for more story ::hinthintagain::. I especially liked the ending for Coqui and Jack.

Thank you for the historical notes...I knew you'd be accurate, but I'm interested in the languages now...

how be you?
Kelly Kragen chapter 20 . 10/17/2004
I'm so sorry for not reviewing the last chapter! (I didn't, right? :S) Well, that was an interesting final chapter! There's plenty of room for further development, so I suspect you'll be continuing with a third part soon enough...right? :)

I loved the way you portray everyone...tho Commodore Norrington's a bit cold...I didn't think he was that bad in the movie, really.

It's really great how you've incorporated a lot of historical facts and true events. It makes it all the more realistic, and it helps to identify. You must've spent a lot of time on research and everything!

Thank you for the great chapter! I really hope you will write a third part, it seems like you've left a lot of scope for more and are hinting for a third part! :)

Thank you for the wonderful read and for all the effort you've put in this story. If you do decide to continue writing, then I'll see you then!
katt chapter 20 . 10/16/2004
That was really great ending please write some more!
Bluekrystal1 chapter 20 . 10/16/2004
Absolutely brilliant. I hope that you're planning on writing more PotC fanfics. Well done on this wonderful story.
Berne chapter 20 . 10/16/2004
I've followed this fic through from the first chapter and can't remember ever posting a review. A cardinal sin, I realise, but... I just wanted to let you know that I have much love for your writing. rarely produces enjoyable, well-plotted, well-characterised, well-written fics. Yours is all of them and more. I think I remember you mentioning a sequel? I'll be looking forward to it very much. :)
Peacockgirl chapter 20 . 10/15/2004
Great ending to a fantastic story. I'm hoping for a sequel? The last few chapters have been really good, but my crazy college schedule has kept me from reviewing. But I couldn't let this tale end without giving you one last pat on the back. Your characterizations, as always, are flawless. I loved Jack's "I haven't accounted for myself in years. Better be flattered love."

This has been a fun ride. I'm sad to see it end, but I'm hoping they'll be more eventually. Take care and happy writing!