Reviews for Reunion at the Hilo Village
Completed Irony chapter 13 . 1/12/2006
Wow, great story! There was a perfect balance of humor and drama. I'd love to see more in this line, but either way, thank you very much for the great read!
Katie chapter 13 . 8/27/2005
I've read most of your highlander fic now and it's all fantastic (I love richie fics too!), just wondering if you are planning a sequel to this one! I'd love for Richie and Heather to get back together!
Keara chapter 13 . 8/3/2004
Hey there, absolutely LOVED the interactions between the characters in this fiction! As in UL, I think that your strongest point is (by far)your creative, FUN dialogue. It is what made me beg for more after each chapter. Great job!

The only critique I have is over some minor spelling foibles. Check lose vs. loose:

"I didn't to lose the necklace." and

"The necklace was loose around his neck."

I only point this out because it was also a common mistake in UL. Still, it didn't detract at all from the readability and overall quality of your fiction! Thanks for writing...but I suppose it's futile to beg for another Richie-based fiction?... _~

Again, great job on the fic!

JMJV chapter 13 . 6/16/2004
This can't be the end of the fic...Gimme more!
yellowvalley chapter 12 . 6/15/2004
all in all a good story. i made my mom look at me wierd cuz i kept going AW lol

cute interaction between connor/mac/richie. i'm a sucker for that stuff.

but one thing: David and Heather just dissapeared! i was a little dissapointed. i was hoping for fireworks.

sorry i couldn't review, my computer was killed by pop-up processes.
MorganaPendragon chapter 13 . 6/11/2004
I wanna be part of the Clan MacLeod! Of course, I also want to date Methos, so we both know that won't happen...

I LOVED this story. Sorry it had to end so quickly, but this really was the perfect ending. Loved how Richie told Anthony to give them hell, and Brandon that MacLeods never said goodbye.

Of course, I'll miss kosher Richie the most, I think...

Keep writing!

Richefic chapter 13 . 6/11/2004
Let's see - loved the line about family, loved the bit about the necklace, loved the line aboout talking like a fortune cookie!

The last line was just perfect! I'd suggest a sequel but you'd probably kill me!
Neoinean chapter 13 . 6/11/2004
"MacLeod's never say goodbye." LMAO what a great line!

Ok, where to begin. First off, this was a necessary fic for all of us who were stranded at the end of UL (ie wanting more). When that ended, I could see where both characters were coming from, so it seemed natural, yet... it wasn't happy i guess:p This took those characters and gave them the space of years. We see how Richie has been able to make his way in the world, which is good (it's about time he grew up lol), and we see how this fact has affected Mac. We see two immortals who still don't really know how to behave around each other, and are stumbling through it as best they can, both by falling into old behavior patterns and by later recognizing those behavior patterns and pointing them out. There were times when it was just like old times, and there were times when they realized this, and then realized that it wasn't old times. I know I'm being rather verbose, but what I'm trying to say is that it gave the fic this skewed perspective of their past, and that was a GOOD thing. The character reflections were excellent and i truly believed their actions and decisions.

It was good to have mac and richie reconcile. And, I think, this type of reconciliation wasn't possible in UL because there wasn't that space of years. The timespan helped you here, i think, as well as the forced circumstances of the reunion.

All in all it was a very natural story progression about mac and richie and their rolls in each other's lives.

If I have to point out the negative, there is only one thing I will say. The sideplot with heather and david, while providing added amusement, didn't seem as well thought out. It proved that richie wasn't always as grown up as he'd like to believe, but the sideplot didn't really have a satisfying ending, with heather and david just taking off like that. It really didn't add anything to the general storyline (accept, perhaps, some of the best dialogue you've ever written) and could have been either beefed up or scrapped completely. It had potential, so i guess i was just disappointed by the lack of proper conclusion.

Ok, that's enough space taking for one review. See ya on the flipside!
Charlie's Mum chapter 13 . 6/11/2004
I liked it. Am rather sorry it is over. I like the Richie you created. Thanks for a good story!
JMJV chapter 12 . 6/10/2004
Kya~ I love this ending. It's so dramatic but fits in perfectly! And Richie gets an island o_O? *wants one too* heheheh. Anyway, good work once again and look forward to reading the next chapter.
Richefic chapter 12 . 6/9/2004
I loved the dynamics between Connor and Duncan and Connor and Richie - he bought him an island! LOL. Like how Connor noticed the hair - he's sharper than the rest of us. Hopefully this means Rich and Mac will sort themselves out now?

Um. One thing. You spelt Connor wrong all the way through!
Neoinean chapter 12 . 6/9/2004
When I reviewed this last night the submission window errored, so I'm submitting this again.

Your characterization of Connor is wonderful, as per your usual:) The dynamics of how he interacts with both Duncan and Richie are really quite fascinating, as is how Duncan acts in general when Connor's around.

Is this the end? It seemed like a rather natural place to end it, though really your fans are wanting more mac/richie goodness;) An epilogue perhaps?
MorganaPendragon chapter 12 . 6/8/2004
Rabbi Joel Rosenberg! I saw that, my arms jumped into the air, and I cried with glee. really, I did. Sad thing is, I know a Joel Rosenberg in real life. He's not a rabbi, but his father is... *shakes head, sighs* Seeing as he (YOUR Joel Rosenbery, not mine) was in the restaraunt too, guess you're safe. *grins*

Richie's his own uncle? hahaha!

Loved Connor's speech at the end there. So moving, and so very Connor-esque. Loved how he just latched onto the Duncan/Richie problem, his line about the sword in response to Richie's tattoo, and that he gave Richie his own island! Can I have an island from Connor please?

Because right now I only have an empty bottle of kosher wine that my friend bought me as I'm not yet 21. *sigh*

JMJV chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
Yes...this was a rather disappointing chapter. I felt as if there was too much dialogue and it got confusing who was saying what. Hope next chapter is better (and longer) Cheers.
neoinean chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
Wow. Absolutely nothing happened that chapter! But still, good mac-richie bander:)