Reviews for Remembering to Forget
disturbed-girl chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Great job. Wonderful details and story development!
Shinigami Kiyomi chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
wow... i am rendered speechless...

that was amazing :3
SHuntress chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
A joy to read :)
starless-ocean chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I am speechless... I've never ever read such a great story. There aren't any words to describe how great it is. The deep thoughts, the development, the action, the emotions... I've read many fics about how Duo handles his war experiences and so on, but this one... can't be compared to any of them. It's an own class. No banalities, but exactly THE story.

I honestly believe this would be ideal for a novel, doujinshi, or even a real movie! There is hardly any OOC. If this were to happen in the real plot, it would be exactly as you have written it. Let alone the length it would already worth to be read as a novel.

Too bad I'm neither a regisseur nor an editor!
foxinsocks92 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
this is easily one of the best stories i have ever read. I was weeping by the end of it. thank you
Dark Reborn chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
O.o What this written all in one go? Wow. I really liked reading this story. Thank you so much for writing and finishing it! _ It's amazing!
valcali88 chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Wow this was brilliant! thank you thank you thank you, its been awhile since i've read a story that is so captivating, you kept the pilots in character and gave them a chance of life again

"We get our own seed" just amazing thanks again!
Red Phoniex chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
this is an amazing story. your writing style is beautiful and you fully understand the characters and their relationships. this was trully an honour to read.
roninlvr chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Wow, this was one very long and extremely involving story. Once I started I could not stop until I reached the end.

I felt so bad for Duo and it was even worse, because Scythe was supposed to protect him and not hurt him. It was very interesting how Scythe developed a split because Duo already had one. I liked how you explained why he had to develop one and how at one point it actually almost disappeared.

War is very cold and it destroys many many lives. I like how you depicted the war's effect on Duo. Whose effects were only further compounded because of the hell he had gone through at a much younger age.

I believe that Duo was able to develop the strength to face his past and finally react to it, to finally feel different emotions because of those experiences and start to heal, was due to his own inner strength, his friends, his feelings towards L2 and Shini. He did, after all, defeat the part of Scythe that wanted to destroy everything.

The way you described how Duo saw his 'other half' added to the story. You could really feel how Shini felt towards Duo. Their parting was bittersweet. Yes it was necessary, because Duo could now handle things on his own. Scythe's other half was no longer trying to destroy him. However, it is sad to lose someone who you consider part of you and who always protected you.

This was a wonderful story. Yes, it had its dark moments, but things were well explained and it ended with Duo maintaining his sanity and not losing his life. I would have felt so bad if Duo had indeed died in that final explosion.

You did a great job.
Annoying Little Twit chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
I actually think I cried during this. You are an swesome writer, to make me do that *sniff* :) (For your information, I never cried during reading a fanfiction! You're lucky #1)

Happy Readings!

It's Raining Snow chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Dude. That was amazing. It was wonderful. I loved it. Hence why I'm reviewing 5 years after it's been written. That was like one of THE BEST FICS EVER. No joke. I've read tons of stories and this was amazing. It was so well done. Everything was so thought out and so well written. The amount of undercurrent in this story was astonishing. Most people can't get undercurrent right but, damn, you nailed it. They were all very true to character. All of them. I cannot get over how good this was. I have now favorited it. You are an exceptional writer.

All I have is praise. I cannot believe you ONLY have 14 reviews. You should have hundreds. This story is phenomenal. You should be proud of this fic. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that it was a lot to read in one sitting. I just spent the past five hours glued to the couch reading this. My butt is currently numb. So totally worth it. I can't tell you enough how great this was and how amazed I am at this fic. I will reread this many many times over. Thank you for this wonderful story! I'm going to have to look to see if you have more writing tomorrow. I've now stayed up all night to read this. Amazing, wonderful story. LOVED IT.

Hikishi chapter 1 . 4/9/2009

Okay, I'm reviewing before I've read this story, simply because I read it a good four years ago in college.

I was looking for this for ages! I think you read my mind because I remembered the title but not the name of the author and just about peed myself when I saw this pop up!

It's a brilliant angsty story, with Duo being unable to cope in the beginning, and them all unexpectedly meeting up after cleansing their memories in high school. Then, when Duo starts to slowly lose it again, the others display such...understanding.

Howard was great as the pretending to be unknowing guardian, so much so that I nearly believed he had nothing to do with it. I also loved G's involvement...not many fics paint the mad five in a semi-okay light.

The plot is deep, complex and driven, and Heero's blind faith in Duo is moving, especially when they all decided to regain their own memories to help.

Your Duo, though slightly off-balance, is still strong, and you tenderise him by using other's reactions to him, rather than make him weak himself.

Thank you so much for pposting this here, I googled this to the ends of the end and still couldn't find it! now it's going in my faves and the C2 Snowdragonct and I share!

Kind Regards and heartfelt thanks,

Trunks lil' sis chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
How did I not find this fic until now?

*bows down*

This is insane. The quality of this fic is off my charts and something incredible. There are many great GW fanfics both archived here on FFN and other places, but few capture the raw consequences of the actual series the way in which this does.

You manage to explore and exploit the human condition, and evolve colorful characters into things that feel real, and relatable and honest. The psychology of this fic, whether intentional or not, speeks highly of human nature, not only in the way in which people reach their breaking points, but how others cling to people fractured and learn to suppliment weaknesses for strengths through bonds of friendship.

Frankly, the amount of depth you managed to achieve is unique to fanfiction in general and you should be incredibly pleased with how completely rounded all the important elements of a good story are here.

And you made me cry, so you get a million brownie points and golden stars. Bravo.
Crystalstorm chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
This was a really good fic. I enjored reading it. Ja.
aniuwolfe chapter 1 . 10/2/2007

That was a great fic. :3

The only things I have to say is:

This fic would be alot easier to take in and enjoy if it were divided up into chapters. I can't read fics like this in one sitting (real life gets in the way lol), and it's hard to find where I am in the story. And also, agreeing with Shin-chan, it's Shinigami, not Shinigama. Shinigami translates to Death God (or God of Death), and God is kami; fuse them together and you get Shinigami. Japanese grammar blah blah blah XD. But yeah, it is -gami. :3

Other than that, great job! Loved the layout and your description is phenominal! Keep up the great work!:D