Reviews for Soldiers Should
Nica chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
very dark and powerful. love the style. it's hard to deal with the anger and the emotions when you just lost someone you cared about. I think you showed that perfectly in this story.
OriginalProxy chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
Your "Soldiers shouldn't die on street corners" line is so very Dark Angel that I was trying to place it in the show for a while. Turns out you just perfectly captured the tone of the first bit of Pollo Locco ("when a soldier dies you pay your respects"), which I think is perfect. I've always thought Alec is like Season One Max in a man's body.
shallowness chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
Excellent piece, you nailed the immediate style needed for a pov like that and captured the brutality of his actions and emotions vividly. The dichotomy between what Alec believed he should be feeling and the truth of it, the novelty of losing a friend in this fashion. For all that it's so short you really did pay dues to the Alec/Biggs friendship.
Another element I really liked wa how you had Alec's knowledge of his own physical superiority tempered with the frustration at the nature of Biggs death.
It conveyed Alec's implacable grief at tha point beautifully.
iluvaqt chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
Biggs' death wasn't just tragic in its horrific nature, but his character was so short lived on the show too. One measely ep. I've always been meaning to look at Wyldegod’s stuff. Anyone who appreciates the diversity and community of TBW has the right mix needed for good Dark Angel fic. I would have loved more Biggs, not only because he was a good looking, charming, self-assured character, but because he was part of Alec's past. I've had, "Funny...That's what Lola said," playing in my mind. Of all the interesting things Biggs and Alec must have gotten up to in Russia. A neat little insight into what could have been going through Alec's mind that night.
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
powerful. cpatured his state of mind brilliantly. wonderful
BR
Designation chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
Dude, word's can't say... oh right, they can! That was great! Sad, gut-wrenching, and completely spot on. You've nailed Alec's feelings perfectly, in my opinion. Maybe mine too... *sigh* Biggs was awesome, and you're right - so is Wyldegod. ;) And you too!
Shoequeeny chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
This is great! Gotta love a story that deals with Alec and Biggs! Particularly love the style of this-no dialogue really makes it's impact. Guessing you had to remove where you were reccing Wlydegod's story from- would love it if you could e-mail it me. I'm bereft of decent DA fic! Thanks.
ma fan chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
i'm so glad you're writing again. great story! i really liked biggs and i thought he and alec's friendship should definitely have been explored more on the show. i love you're m/a stories - any chance you'll make us all happy and write another? or possibly continue with "something special"? Keep up the great work.