Reviews for In Chaos
Scarlettforever chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Lawrence becomes a bit of an egomaniac later in this movie.
MarsIsBrightTonight chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Lawrence became a passion of mine when i first saw the movie last year for a school assignment. I think you really caught the feeling of the movie and Lawrence's personality, but ny reading this i am reminded of the historical flaws all throughout the movie. The arabs didn't ride horses unless they were tribal leaders, not all Arabs were good riders either, but yes, some could almost swagger, heh, love that word. Lawrence wore his feet as bare as the next Arab, he was forever endevoring to be an Arab and not an Englishman, he hated the oddball English side of him and loved the renowned he won in Arabia. Lastly that bothered me was that Lawrence hated killing men and hated having them killed wether on his side or the other, this is with the exception of the scene in the movie where they're converging on Damascus, but that was because Lawrence had turned half-mad because of Deraa ans was seeking revenge, not only was general masacre against his beliefs, but it was not part of the Arab culture to destroy for no reason or hurt the helpless. That's my trivia for today. I did like your story, it was very enjoyable, just movie accurate, not historically - this is not critisism, as i know i found this story in the mive section.
caldmt chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
A superb vignette...very effective use of language to create the scene and reflect Lawrence's state of mind. Good descriptions. Like the use of the English book to underscore Lawrence's distance from himself.
Arlia chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
What a marvellous piece of writing! You've captured the moment perfectly. Lawrence is so fascinating, isn't he? I'm going to go back and read this one again.