Reviews for Deific Flame
shine lots chapter 3 . 4/3/2012
good chapter
shine lots chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
I congatulate you on covering this period of history where the all the actions of elves are done in vain (sort of).

I really have grown to love your characters (or your slant to cannon characters). So I very much want their actions to be fruitful, but cannon dictates that elves of this period have a bleak destiny. So you stick to cannon, which is probably the right thing to do, even if i want your characters to have happy endings here and now.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's commendable that you've stuck to cannon, and SIMULTANEOUSLY made me wish that you hadn't. You are very good at designing characters such that I'm tempted to want happy endings for them. Whereas usually I verily prefer fanfics which stick to cannon.
shine lots chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
I understand what you mean, because i'm a Sindarin freak, lol, but others might find it helpful to have a translation in brackets.

"Nay, tithen thĂȘl," her brother said... is what you've currently got

"Nay, tithen thĂȘl, (little sister)" her brother said... is an alternative, if you can be bothered to change it, though it's extra work
shine lots chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
You know, I think that you capture the attitude and culture of eleves very well - their fear of change and desire to live in a stagnant society. For example "fearful indeed that Gil-galad and Elrond, who lived only after Doriath had died - were now called aged." lol. That's why I like your story.
Equilly chapter 5 . 8/19/2011
You've written Celeborn beautifully; I love his willpower and of course his wit- "the decor at Barad-dur!" though I can't imagine his pain. This is always such a great story to read.

Equilly chapter 11 . 8/16/2011
A brutal chapter- you did well to capture the gore and hopelessness of battle; I'm in awe of how well you write. I also enjoyed (again) how well you've done with Celeborn; he is as real a person as Galadriel, instead of neglected, as happens in far too many stories.

Equilly chapter 7 . 8/16/2011
Wow, you are an amazing writer! Your characters are rich and full, from Sauron to Celeborn- who happens to be a sadly neglected character, in my opinion, so I'm so glad to read your story and see how well-developed he is. The part about the orcs and Sauron was funny (especially the part about the wargs) but also creepy and you did a wonderful job of showing his sadism, even if it was a little disquieting.

Also, I enjoyed reading the first chapter with "Annatar" and how eloquent he was and continues to be.

I.H.N chapter 12 . 7/31/2010
It's been over three years since you last updated this story, and I never reviewed it before, so this review may seem a little strange. Nonetheless, I wanted to say that I greatly enjoyed reading this story and that I think it is a pity that it is discontinued.

You captured the characters of Celeborn, Galadriel, their family and the people surrounding them very well, in my opinion. The view on the politics of the second age is also quite refreshing, as are your occasional glances 'across the fence' to Sauron's point of view.

I believe that you managed to shed a pretty realistic light on a period of the history of Middle-earth that is rarely explored and often ignored completely, even though many of the conflicts of the third age have their origin in the second. I think that far fewer people would be of the opinion that Elves are perfect, naturalistic pacifists, if they knew of their doings (and their mistakes) in the second age that are highlighted here.

All in all, I think that the fandom would be a more interesting place if you continued this story, but if you fell out of fandom completely, well, I still wanted to thank you for writing as much as you did.
HaMalka HaLevana chapter 12 . 6/1/2010
I've been reading it for the last day and a half, whenever I could. Awesome is an understatement when discribing your writing and this fic!

I admire the way you describe so much, so deep, in a subtle way. I'd love to read more, though I hate to wait long time for that. Please continue ASAP...

Cheers,

Lady
peanutmeg chapter 12 . 7/20/2009
Such a heartbreaking tale so far! I love what you've written though. The unique relationship between Galadriel and Celeborn is great too. There are far too few stories with the two of them. I look forward to reading more, and thanks so much for writing! :)
alli chapter 12 . 5/17/2007
Absolutely amazing story! I love the set up: each individual story tracing a particular moment, yet still advancing the tale and characters. The writing is superb. Just bloody Brilliant basically! Would a little Elrond/Celebrian be possible...?
Raging Pineapples chapter 12 . 2/3/2007
This is wonderful. I fear there is nothing better I can say than that. No critique, no complaints-I've been reading this for the past couple of hours and have fallen in love. Update soon!
greywing chapter 8 . 1/26/2007
Unbearably sad, at times. Well written, and next time, put up a tissue warning!I have always longed for a fic like this! Thank you.
erewyn chapter 11 . 2/4/2006
Somehow I missed your last update and so had two new chapters to read. I marvel at the scope of what you've presented and am as always, thrilled to find insightful and exciting fic still being written. I can only hope RL cooperates and allows you to continue updating with all possible speed.
Sphinx chapter 11 . 1/30/2006
You cannot know how glad I am that you are continuing this. Really. You really cannot know.

I'm also sorry that I havent been able to reply to your mail...I read it, but then Gmail decided to act up and not let me in and I've just been offline for the last couple of weeks (story alert a wonderful surprise, btw), so not been around, mostly. Sorry about that.

Oh, favourite part?

"What does Celeborn suggest?" Gil-galad asked, faintly ironic.

"Attack," Oropher muttered savagely from across the room

SQUEE!