Reviews for Made to Suffer
ithiliengirl108 chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
This story was awesome! Wow. Just wow. I love your style of writing! I think you capture each character wonderfully! Now if you'll excuse me, I must go read the next one!
Evendim chapter 9 . 5/4/2004
Typical of Saruman to strike at Faramir's mind rather than his body. His weakness is his lack of self belief! Compelling! E
Evendim chapter 8 . 5/4/2004
Good to see some new characters appear. Poor Faramir being baited by the worm! Ack! Love this story! Well done, another great chapter. E.
Evendim chapter 7 . 5/4/2004
Beregond gone? Oh that's so sad! Faramir in the grasp of the sadistic wizard and the thing of the night! I liked the reference to Denethor and Boromir too!I imagine that Saruman can easily read the hurts of Faramir's chilhood and yes its a great control medium to play upon those fears! E.
Evendim chapter 6 . 5/4/2004
Gah! What a place to leave it! Sorry, need to read on now! E.
Evendim chapter 5 . 5/4/2004
"You mistake integrity and honour for weakness!"
Works for me!When I read your introduction I was nodding my head. My readership falls into two camps. The ones who like gentle vulnerable Faramir and the other half who like him to come out fighting; all the time! I write him as the story dictates and, frankly, I would never be so crass as to tell an author how to write their fiction! You write beautifully, which earns you the right to do as YOU please!Well done!I learned long ago, whichever way I pitch it the other camp mobilises! The trick is to please yourself!- E.
Evendim chapter 4 . 5/4/2004
Ah, too, too cruel! Poor horses! Grima in the stables? You are heartless!Loved the Dear Eowyn letter! Dernhelm rides again! Should make for an interesting session! Chapter 5 here I come!-E.
Evendim chapter 3 . 5/4/2004
Number seven? A veritable litter indeed from the Tiger! The Hurins are not about to become an endangered species! So, will he go back To Minas Tirith or not? I hope so! I need to know if he's still harbouring the urge to murder the king! E.
Evendim chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Nicely picked up from where you left off! Its heartbreaking to see these two conflicted; "Such information is only for those who serve me!" Ouch! Shades of Denethor in there, I'll bet Aragorn's eyes even looked like the old buzzard's just at that moment! I am enjoying your work immensely! E.
LW chapter 15 . 4/19/2004
Hey Clairon! I did it - I finally got caught up! I'm still amazed at how fast you write. :D Great job. I'm looking forward to the third part.
Michelle chapter 15 . 4/19/2004
AUGH! The end already ?
MORE!
IceAngel7 chapter 15 . 4/17/2004
I had a strange feeling i had already read chapter 15, so when I saw it there I thought... darn, I'm still waiting.. and then I saw your summary and it said COMPLETED! and I got excited.. and here I am. Anyway, you should be contratulated over and over and over for having rounding off such a complete and exciting and adictive tale as you have here. The great thing about your writing is that you seem to have solved all the problems I have in my own writing. 1. You have a nice ballance between thought and action
2. You push the plot along at a thrilling pace
3. You actually update!
4. you're promising a sequel - Ok, that's more like a cliffie but anyway...
5. and most importantly you write a very brave and compelling Faramir that makes us want to cheer him on!
A few tiny things I'd like to mention my appreciation of...
Eowyn being described as 'unstoppable as the waves' - very cool!
Legolas and Gimli, nice :D
I also was intregued that Aragorn's son is not all what he is hoped to be, I think this is a very inventive idea that makes the 'reality' of your story seem more beleivable - jsut that he has to learn and grow like everyone else etc..
Ok, I'm off now to resume dying in waiting for a sequel.. I think I mentioned I'd like to archive the story at my site, and I think you replied (If I'm being dumb just email and ask me what I'm talking about) if not and you understand what I'm talking about, I will try to update the site in the future.. soon.. really.. bye :D
IceAngel
SueB chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Wow, I loved it, Clairon! An excellently written tale all the way around! I especially loved the way you wrote Faramir, he was perfect!
I'm very much looking forward to the sequel! Thanks for sharing this!
Sue :)
integratecos2x chapter 15 . 4/14/2004
Fantastic resolution! I'm glad to hear that there's going to be a sequel. I was almost disappointed that it was possibly going to be all over.
athelas63 chapter 15 . 4/14/2004
Well, I am breathing a sigh of relief - Thank God! What a good ending! I love the description of Faramir's thoughts - perfect! Lovely lovely lovely. The teasing about a new story is bad though - now I will be waiting - again! Thanks for a great story.