Reviews for Going On
Neko-jin Rogue chapter 19 . 11/28/2005
I love seeing you update no matter how long it takes.

It's always worth the wait!

Awesome! Exploring new horizons. To love or not to love...and lots of little ones cluttering the house! Yay! Can't wait to see how it all unfolds, but I will if I have to.

Hope your fingers heal up quick.

Don't get too stressed at work.

*snugs*
Hoppo chapter 19 . 11/27/2005
I must say that I absolutely ADORE the way you incorporate humor and drama...it's so lovely.
Maran Zelde chapter 19 . 11/17/2005
I should have told you this a long time ago, but thank you for serving our country...And thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to continue this fanfic!

You don’t have to tell me that you don’t always feel like sitting down and writing after work. Actually, I’d think you were a freak if you DID.

I’m afraid I don’t share the opinion that over half of all fanfics are as good as yours. Personally, I think at least 60% are total wastes of kilobytes (to put it politely), 30% are not too bad, and probably less than 10% are worth reading all the way through. You are *definitely* in the top 5%, my good man.

Now then...I think it was good to get an in-depth look at how Dib was processing all the events and developments of the last couple of days. Any human’s brain and emotions would be overloaded after all that. And no, I didn’t think it was boring. I liked the little comment about getting a nickel lodged between his ribs.

There was one line that reached out and poked me in the eye, though: “...you are either in a really bad fanfic...” and also “since we all know that my life isn't fan fiction...” Now, normally I like fourth-wall breaking as much as the next person, but these kinds of comments are usually best for straight humor or satire. Too me, they seemed out of place in a serious fic. That’s not to say that you can’t have ANY humor, of course. I just think they should integrate with the story better.

Still, overall you did an excellent job, as usual.
JoeEngland chapter 19 . 11/17/2005
Marvelous. I love it. This is such an engaging story, I'm already envisioning fully-rendered future scenarios for Dib and Vic and the smeets, glorious destinies and epic fates, a whole roadmap for what I foresee happening to them in the corner of my imagination I've rented out to this fanfic. Good work.

Now, I will note one minor grammatical quibble. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but usually there will not be quotation marks at the end of a paragraph if the following paragraph is a direct continuation of dialogue. In other words, quotes will only be placed on the ends of sentences if speech is broken by text or by someone else speaking, though quotes will be placed at the beginning of each new paragraph in the speech. I only bring it up because I found it mildly distracting when Dib was talking near the end of the latest chapter. It kept seeming like Vic had started talking.

I'm absolutely certain that I'm the only one who's bugged by this, so it's certainly no big deal. But if you want input, there it is. And hey, thanks for the shout-out! It was good of you.
HeartsRekindled chapter 19 . 11/14/2005
The one reason I still log onto A few reasons why:

Your style is compelling. Chapters run long and it doesn't get old. I love how you build on the political and technological corruption within the Irken government. Dib and Vic cause me to go "Aw" like I haven't in a shmillion years. You seem like a smart guy. You make everybody look bad.

Make it big some day so I can say I loved your stuff before it was cool. Fans oughtta learn to be patient. I wouldn't dream of rushing your creativity.
Rahne4227 chapter 19 . 11/14/2005
I've been thinking about this story for the last couple of days, and I still cheered out loud when I saw the update note in my mailbox. DT, you update whenever the spirit moves you and you've got the time. It's always worth waiting for!

The clues about the beginnings of the Irken Empire are intriqueing, and having been reminded this chapter of something we learned way at the beginning, The Irken Armada changed course. What was it about Zim's communications that finally clued them in to how big a threat we humans could be to the Irkens?

Waiting patiently (on the edge of my seat) for the next chapter. Keep up the good work!
Goldwolf chapter 19 . 11/13/2005
THIS is going to be AWESEOME!

Not that it isn't already, but it keeps getting better and better.

I'll try really hard to suspend my excitement and wait for the next one... God bless the armed forces!
GUER6379 chapter 19 . 11/11/2005
Er excuse me Ms Ninkira but will you be posting the fanart you bribed D.T. on Fanart Central?
GalaxyDancer chapter 7 . 11/11/2005
Well, well, well, now . . . of course, I've been reading since the point I last commented, and I've been thoroughly satisfied up until this point. However, each person's opinion is different . . . and I'm no one to go bitching about something like this, but . . . it seems to me that there's a little flaw in this chapter.

Gender.

*people think*

*more people think*

*crickets chirp*

Yes, gender. Irkens, as many people believe, don't exactly HAVE gender. My theory is that they USED to, quite a long time ago, until some asshole with a bright idea decided to eliminate reproductive organs and emotions and such, but they currently do NOT, other than the curly antennae for girls and different shaped eyes and . . . um, simple stuff like that. Irken girls, as you've probably noticed, have no distinguishing curves like humans do. Irken males and females are equal in all concepts, as pointed out by the fact that Zim was pretty much almost beaten by Tak . . . until Dib and Zim teamed up and Gaz and Gir screwed up Mimi and . . . well, you get the point. But she seriously had Zim beat... bad.

Nevertheless, I'll flick it aside as Nis is insane and has been reading a few too many books about native Irken history, and kinda forgot that . . . there's really nothing pleasurable about two completely same (excluding height, I must add, and antennae) bare Irkens touching.

Um...

*more crickets chime in*

Okay, if that sounded rude, then I'm seriously sorry. *hits self in face* We just have different opinions. Nothing big. Um... I'm going to decide to shut up now, before I accidentally make you mad at me . . . please don't track me down and destroy my computer . . .
Uru Baen chapter 19 . 11/11/2005
I finally get to submit a signed review... No author can keep me from reviewing now! Bwahahahaha!

Anywhoo, another awesome chapter.
Hoboking chapter 19 . 11/11/2005
Nice chapeter, I like the deep thinking parts and Dib telling Vic his feelings for her(Even if she did'nt know what Dib was exactly saying)

P.S. NINKIRA YOU ROCK!
Dust Traveller chapter 19 . 11/11/2005
Quick word in response to the last review... there are quite a few references and nods out to special people in the list of Tallest, of course yours was one of them, Ninkira. I'm a firm believer in the "you scratch my back... et al" policy. Besides, it's a cool Tallest Name, in my opinion.

For those of you who wish to see the fanart, and were defeated by ff net's ridiculous antilinking policy, here are the links she tried to send. Simply replace the dots and bs (backslash) with their symbolic counterparts, and all will be revealed.

http colon double bs usera dot imagecave dot com bs Silva bs NisSketch dot jpg

Awesome Nis sketches... possibly intended as reference art for a future project we have in the works.

http colon double bs usera dot imagecave dot com bs system bs showpicture dot asp questionmark u equalsign Silva&p equalsign DibSketch dot jpg&a

Our protagonist in his shirtless glory... or what I would presume to be glory. I am not a proper appreciater of the male anatomy, as I am heterosexual

http colon doublebackslash usera dot imagecave dot com backslash Silva backslash TigJenGifSketch dot jpg

The other members of the ill-fated Irken Encounter Team. Isn't this style just impossibly badass?

http colon doublebackslash usera dot imagecave dot com backslash system backslash showpicture dot asp questionmark u equalsign Silva&p equalsign SIMA dot jpg&a

Shipwide Interactive Machine Avatar (SIMA) in her "screensaver" mode. When displayed in holographic interface mode she appears in whatever uniform she deems necessary, usually bridgecrew. Her voice in screensaver mode is a cross between tinny static and SHODAN from System Shock I and II. Look around for soundbites from those games and you'll understand.

Last but not least,

http dot doublebackslash usera dot imagecave dot com bs Silva bs VicSketch dot jpg

My personal favorite set of sketches. Our heroine Vic in the full gamut of facial expressions and postures. I particularly like the coat she wears, as it really defines her as a Medical Drone. As Irkens go, she is quite the little cutie.

One final note, just a side note actually... I accept flames and constructive criticism with equal fervor, but I do NOT accept anonymous flames. If you are going to trash my work at least do so publicly... have the conviction and the courage to standby your opinion, not skulk in the shadows. I will delete any anonymous flame that is sent in the same spirit as it was sent. I will ignore it completely as a childish attempt to garner some petty recognition or make one's self feel better about one's sad existence. If, however, you sign your flame, I will acknowledge that you at LEAST have the balls to make your opinion known, and I will make no effort to belittle what YOU have written. On the contrary, I will take an as unbiased a look at your work as I can and will give you constructive criticism, adhering to the spirit in which this site was founded, however it may have evolved in the interrim.

Bear in mind, however, that I cannot speak for any fans of my work who might take exception to your words, but I think that most of them are mature enough to realize that petty flame wars serve no one.

It's ok not to like my stories, guys... but if you don't like it, tell me honestly how I can improve. I know I need alot of work to become a better writer. I expect that everyone here is the same way. If all you can say about it is that you hated it, and you have no real reason why, you don't have to read it.

Thank you for your consideration.

Chris, DT
Iseijin chapter 19 . 11/11/2005
My goodness. Even though I should praise the chapter (and be happy that my bribe worked), I have to praise the entire story as a whole. Every new chapter fills my insides with fluttery things and then I spend the next half hour hacking up butterflies and other creepy crawlies, but it's so worth it.

Also, I noticed a name mentioned in the story that I also donn: Iseijin. I'm not sure if this is accidental, but if not, then thanks for the wink in my direction.

Also, for those of you who want to see the art that bribed him...

usera. - Dib

usera. - Many a fav (one of mine especially), Nis.

usera. - The SIMA

usera. - Tig, Jen, and Gif.

usera. - Our heroine, Vic.

Enjoy, and thank you.
UruBaen chapter 19 . 11/10/2005
Okay, Thank you Ninkira, for encouraging the best author ever, and man...

You wrote after a forklift smashed your finger? Man, that's more fortitude than I could muster even if my life was on the line. You are, at the least, a modern demigod.

I just wish I had a couple hundred sets of coloring utensils, and a pencil sharpener...
GalaxyDancer chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
Ah, wow. A writer as good as myself - better, probably - that also sets stories in the future. Actually, I like your story better than mine. *looks jealous* Well, to each his... er... her... their... own. This being only the first chapter (and about as long as mine are, amazingly) I'm sure grammar will improve. Putting quotes from the same person in different paragraphs not separated by the narrator's inner thoughts seems... a little confusing. Almost like there are two people talking instead of one... but nevertheless, I love this story. FUTURE WRITING ROCKS!

If you have time and want to, come check out mine sometime. It's about as long as yours (haven't submitted the final version chapters except the first 3, though), and it also takes place in the future. However, it concentrates more on Zim than it does Dib. And it's (also like yours) written in first person perspective, though the narrator changes both throughout the chapter and between chapters, designated only by two colons (::) and the letter of their first name between them (like this: :Z: for Zim, and :D: for Dib).

In conclusion, it's a great story. I'll read the rest when I find time. (Sorry, but I'm in school right now)
424 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »