Reviews for What a Mother Makes
I have found this story to be full of emotion that has made me read to the end with tears in my eyes. I would advise that you get someone to beta your work if you want to publish. Your mistakes, at times, ruined the mood you were intending to create. Eg. Nessicary, which made me giggle, sorry. It is a difficult word to get right for me too. I remember how to spell, necessary, by thinking of one collar, two socks. Keep writing, you have a way with words that transcends the errors. Many thanks Sasha £££
Graymouse42 chapter 2 . 6/13/2015
I don't think it's too sappy at all. I think it's just about perfect. Love seeing Chris stand up for Ezra. They should have had more of that on the show , but they usually crammed too many subplots into every episode.
lonelioness chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading What a Mother Makes and plan to read the sequel in a few minutes. Some day when I find the time I am going to sit down and write a story that puts Maude in a better light...she does some pretty mean things in the series, but they do love each other in their odd little way. :)
Marmie1955 chapter 10 . 4/9/2010
This story was superb. The angst was so almost unbearable. I, too, got befuddled a few times but that was Ezra and it made the story that much more real. I do hope you come back to your stories someday. Thank you.
Terry Kay chapter 10 . 1/30/2010
What an incredibly, well written, yet throughly deppressing inevitable end. Thank you.
Gyreflight chapter 10 . 3/1/2009
Very impressive. The interaction, understanding and misunderstanding between your Ezra and the Seven/Six, is beautifully (if painfully) drawn. All Seven come across most memorably, with Ezra’s lynchpin at the centre – and it’s only too clear what happens when such a pin is removed.

One of the things which really stands out here is the level of detail and understanding that you put in to the at-first-glance secondary and underused characters – but of course, it’s partly the cross connections and interactions at multiple levels which give depth to Seven and Town alike.

Billy is a very effective and engaging foil and go-between and I’ve rarely seen Maude done so well, all her edges honed sharp…and with her vulnerabilities as carefully and unfixably held as her son’s.

Good job.

~Gyre
Kippling Croft chapter 10 . 12/31/2006
Great story but not such a good ending I don't like sad endings.
Cassandra30 chapter 10 . 1/19/2006
They tore themselves apart because they couldn't see past the illusions. Excellent story! Well written though I would have wished that they found a way to work it out.
Cassandra30 chapter 9 . 1/19/2006
Wow! you are digging deep into the tortured pyches abd souls of these men! I love it! Keep writing lol
Cassandra30 chapter 6 . 1/19/2006
You aren't writing sap! Stop That! I agree with your Muse! You are writing about deep emotion and handling it with honesty and clarity. Well Done!
Cassandra30 chapter 5 . 1/19/2006
Agreed. Nathan is as capable of racism as any white man. Josiah does need to repent and does need to understand that Ezra wont risk emotional vulnerability. Chris needs to trust the man. And so does everyone else. Amazingly Mary does. Ezra needs a woman to need him to be the man he is inside to be the Knight in Slightly Tarnished and Battered armor riding to her rescue. It would give him a chance to show what he is really made of.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 1/19/2006
I am enjoying your story. I agree Maude got off way too lightly and so did most of the Seven but men do forgive each other quickly and let things go easier when they are friends than I think women do. There was genuine remorse and forgiveness exhibited by Nathan, Josiah and JD. Ezra excepted this.

I also like the idea of dealing with Ezra's mother more. I ahd hoped to see that on the show and with Buck's past but we know what happened to that idea. Its good to read someone following through with that idea.
Cade chapter 10 . 8/20/2004
You have a wonderful writing style! I found your story very enjoyable. I'd love a sequel, maybe the guys could go after him? Ah Hell!
elizabeth chapter 10 . 8/15/2004
Hi Thanks for completing this. It wa a wonderful story and I enjoyed it very much. But please you can't leave it there. need more.

Liz
Linda chapter 10 . 8/13/2004
Very magnificently well-written story! However, I do believe you owe us a sequel... To split the boys like this, shame, shame (just kidding - really love the h/c)... However, please! do bring them back, need - er - no "demand" a sequel.. :-)

Did I mention how well you write - yes, guess I did! (Hope to read more from you! )