Reviews for drums
jerjonji chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Ok- you warned me and I still read the last first and first last and loved them both just the same. It was refreshing to read such an experiemental style and for me- it worked. I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed the style as well as the content. content drives style :)
Mirune Keishiko chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
another utterly sugoi piece from the Aoshi goddess. i hate to be redundant, but... again, i am enthralled by your insight into that so-difficult character. sometimes i find myself toying with the idea of writing my own Aoshi fic, but at the same time the depth of the man's personality intimidates me. however, you have him figured out to such an extent that anyone else attempting to write him seems to just be ripping off your ideas. . and i know this sounds like bullshit, but it's really true! . congratulations for another brilliant work and i hope you never do lose your touch! .
Angrybee chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
Well, I can't say that I understand it completely. Aoshi is, definitely, a mystery to me. He seems so infuriating, and I don't think I would want to know him. But, I think this is an interesting way to write a piece, the grammar and punctuation and whatnot. It really drew you in and helped to accentuate that Aoshi was thinking. Thanks!
mij chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
Hm. I can't say I go for this style of writing, but I do like your portrayal of Aoshi here (as in your other stories), and totaly agree with your observations re. the way others write about him. Obviously I don't mean those whose stories I've bookmarked ;p but I do know what you mean. I imagine that they've only been exposed to the horribly dubbed anime (you should've heard me ranting when they showed the series on tv some years back; I'd seen the subbed version and read the manga by then). Another possibility is that they're simply not very observant of the subtleties of his character, which I think is sad. :( But I think that comes with age, so...I just avoid reading fics like that.
Ugh, I sound so pompous! Sorry about that. Anyway, more please! Heh.
p.s. I was the nameless reviewer for chapter 4 of "awakening"...sheesh. stupid )
EEevee chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
LMAO, the man is hardly mute! He's very chatty X_X He and Saitoh are having quite the conversation at Kenshin and Shishio's expense. Er, sorry, I think he's misrepresented quite a bit also.
But I liked the format of this and the points you hit on.
you know chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
whoa. u were rite, this is weird. i liked that monkshuman. hehe
Trupana chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
Whoo! *celebrating* I *know*! It's about time that they honored LoTR. I can't believed they thought that A Beautiful Mind and Chicago were better than the first two LoTR. Those fools...:P
Ahem. Back to the point. Very interesting style. It's almost stream of consciousness, but much more choppy. The choppiness bothered me a little, because I felt if I were in Aoshi's mind, the thoughts would be flowing much more smoothly. Some of the stops felt a little awkward. However, the story wouldn't read so hesitantly or regretfully if it didn't have those periods. So in the end, you've converted me over. I really like it. :D
I'm sick and tired of Aoshi stereotypes too, equally as much as I'm annoyed with stereotypes of Megumi as a slutty flirt. Go-osh! Those people need to read the manga...I hope I'm not falling into the Aoshi stereotypes though. You'll warn me if I do, won't you? :)
Very very interesting ideas. Aoshi as a monk eh? This is terrible, but near the end, I had this picture of Aoshi dressed as Miroku, and people calling him Houshi-sama while he goes around groping women. *shivers* That's what you get when you watch Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin too much. Talk about complete opposite though.
I really really do admire this. Now you're going to inspire me to write a stream-of-consciousness fic. Which is rather interesting, since right before this fic, I was considering writing one..._;