Reviews for In the Eye of the Storm
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 12 . 4/18/2006
I love that last scene where he's just bouncing off with her in his arms! I've got this image in my head of him just flying through the treetops and poor Aeris is just hanging on for her life.
aer-seph4eva chapter 12 . 4/18/2006
As usual, great work Noa! I liked the beginning of the scene. Sephiroth is a heavy sleeper? I have to admit that I would have never expected that! lol. I also, liked the 'clean sweeper' memory. I love reading about Zack/Seph moments because of the dry humour that is always present!

Heh, I guess from the way that you finished this chapter, Aeris may have to think twice about parting with Seph.

I look forward to your next chapter.

Oh. Btw. My TLAA will be updated, very very very soon. Just to let you know! .

Ja ne

Aer_seph4eva

P.S. I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but your characterisation of Sephiroth is a lot like Sesshomaru. Heh. I was just a random point that I wanted to say.
shinz chapter 12 . 4/18/2006
hey, i just want to say, i really really enjoy reading this story and i hope you keep updating it! i think you are a very talented writer so i truly hope you keep it up
AntiCensor chapter 12 . 4/17/2006
You did a perfect job waking Aeris up and making her realize what Sephiroth has done, it is made all the funnier by the fact that he simply sighs a bit then rolls over and remains blissfully asleep. My imagination tells me that the bliss was mostly brought on by Aeris' backside but that may just be me.

I imagine an Anime style goofiness and looney toons sound effects after Sephiroth has rolled over and Aeris is trying to wake him up with the pinching and such.

I love it when the mood changes abruptly, you have done that with the supernatural woman and the cavern after Aeris fussing internally about Sephiroth's boldness.

I love how you're combining french language with japanese culture. If you cut out the lovey dovey hugathon hippey stuff about multiculuralism it becomes surprisingly apealling I think.

The light from the materia and the villain being called a shade is alarmingly familiar. You've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2 haven't you?

Well Shinra is still trying to find them I see... well Sephiroth can still eliminate every threat they can throw at him or Aeris I see.

'He was mocking her in the most calculated, gentlemanly manner.' Which is of course the best and most amusing way to do it.

The chemistry you write for these characters is so amusing. I'd love to copy and paste everything that I like in my review but something about that simply seems wrong. Let's just say that your prose is becoming hilarious in this chapter whenever Sephiroth is present.

His way is her way, it's the perfect excuse!

Ah you have more dialogue, wonderful. I love how Sephiroth is annoying Aeris, he does it as perfectly as a lover might rub their partners feet.

I like the cleverness of the custom sweepers getting their name simply because Zack was a smart ass.

Ah a tracking device, that explains the humorous enemies who have shown up in this chapter. I think it's incredible how much Sephiroth seems to care about helping Aeris, it can't just be his unanswered question, and I know it isn't her stunning personality.

Man, I really miss Purgatory but the way you ended this makes me want this to update just as much. Especially because the closeness of the characters is moreso than in Purgatory.

In any event I can't wait for more of you Mrs. Cat. And woot to Ardwynna Morrigu for she kicks as much ass as thee.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
Phew. I've just finished rereading the whole story and once again I have to admit you're a genius when it comes to keeping people in character /and/ making their personalities seem ten times as complex as they were in the original game. Really. This fic reads like a nineteenth century novel, like one of Balzac's works, for example. I'm sure I don't have to explain why. Just look at the way it's written, at your characters' profiles and at the detailed narration. Speaking of which, I also need to mention I wish it was less detailed sometimes. I realize that Aeris and Sephiroth are not supposed to constantly chat with each other, but more dialogue and less description would be nice. Then again, who am I kidding, this story's quite perfect in its current form (...minus a bunch of occasional typos, but there were so few of them I don't even feel like pointing out their specific locations). Really, truly. So let me repeat myself: you're a genius, Noa.

Tristan and Isolde, huh? That's an interesting motif, especially the way you have twisted it, modified it to fit into this story. I wonder how important it's going to be for the two present heroes. They'll eventually remember and accept the truth about their past lives, won't they? Or will it just linger in their subconsciousness, pulling them together in spite of their current circumstances?

What can I say, I love AUs and their unpredictability.

You made Aeris much more powerful than Sephiroth in your fic, not only mentally, but also as far as their 'combat' powers are concerned. I like that a lot. She just keeps saving his life in a very spectacular manner, which is the exact opposite of what happens in the majority of other Aeriseph fics. She's a strong girl, not a naïve, helpless victim who can't do a thing without her bodyguard. It'd be very unfair to underestimate her. And speaking of Sephiroth, I loved the chapter that dealt with the issue of his so-called humanity. Ah, yes. I'm such a sucker for well-written Sephy angst.

So, before I drown in this repetitive flattery, just let me mention the final, obligatory thing: please, UPDATE. I'm dying to read more.
AntiCensor chapter 11 . 2/15/2006
Yay I've gone through it all now! Now I have to wait for an update just like the other two stories of yours that I read with every update.

The pair seem to be establishing trust in a similar manner to Quistis and Seifer in Fire and Ice. They are gradually trusting each other because they are practical people, and can be reasonable when they aren't being stubborn. The problem is they bring out the most stubbornness possible from one another so the trust is coming into play agonizingly slow.

Their candor is very entertaining. They don't seem to be entirely honest with each other -brought on by their entertainiing stubborness of course- but they are being themselves it seems. I'm noticing especially with stuff like Aeris' reluctance to dance in the rain she wanted to that their relationship is similar to a romantic one. Too often people are reluctant to do something or indulge in what they enjoy just because of how they fear the other person will judge them.

Clearly our protaganists value one anothers opinion on some level otherwise they wouldn't try to talk with each other at all. Although they don't speak much but I think that because you rely on your prose a lot -which is wise I think, your prose is very good. I think as you bring these two closer -I'm guessing that you'll do that- you shouldn't be afraid to write more dialogue than you usually do. I think that your dialogue is very good, and once you're ready to bring these two closer than having them speak with each other more would be a fine way to do it.

Also the mixed feelings that Aeris will no doubt feel about Sephiroth being in the sleeping bag with her won't hurt any of that either.

I look forward to your next Aeriseph update Mrs. Cat. I would read your Inuyasha stories too but I'm not as big a fan of that. Although if I did it would be the sort of pairing you use that I would read.

Peace to you cat lady.
AntiCensor chapter 10 . 2/11/2006
You did a fantastic job of making Sephiroth trust Aeris. And pointing out during that how despite his power he is never quite in control of anything. It seemed to me like his trust was more than her display of power with nature -although that was really damn cool, you have found a very believable way to make Aeris a bad ass and I commend you for that. She has given him an option which in this story has never happened to him. He gets to choose what he wants for once. He could have gone away from her to perhaps be pursued by Shinra but that would mean... being pursued by Shinra. With her he can have these answers he wants, and with her he can continue to experience her fond femininity and perhaps more of this power she has, over nature and over him.

Good stuff. Hope I solo discussed it properly, wouldn't want to just look like a pretentious schmuck. :D
AntiCensor chapter 9 . 2/11/2006
So you're giving Aeris a relationship with the turks in this one too? Things are bound to get complicated now. I really hope that Sephiroth doesn't get poisoned again because I think his extensive five or six chapter poisoning and recovery already served their purose. They serve a sufficient purpose now as a mere threat I think.

Things are becoming a touch romantic now. I thought for a moment that you would use their underwater situation and Aeris' lack of breath as an excuse to make them kiss. It would have been an acceptable way to do that at this point in the story I think, but it's cool that you're hesitating anyway.

Good stuff, good stuff. Although I have to admit that I can't wait for the next Purgatory update since that's the first story of yours that I read.

No pressure though Mrs. Cat. I'll be reading as you'll be writing.
AntiCensor chapter 8 . 2/7/2006
You often use fun wording in your prose which is one of the reasons why I like your writing so much. 'Ribbonless' was a good word to use because it seems so unimportant because of the subject she's thinking about, but she includes it as if she thinks she has not the fuel for the spite she thinks he deserves.

I'm rather interested in why Sephiroth cut her for her blood. I want to think that Shinra's dogs -the literal ones of course- are bloodhounds and Sephiroth is doing this to send them away from his and Aeris' path. But I can't know for sure, I'll be finding out in the next couple of nights.
AntiCensor chapter 7 . 2/5/2006
Now I am to the chapter that I didn't reach the first time I read this. Maybe you hadn't updated this far back then, I'm not sure. In any event I've finally made it to a part that I don't recognize at all.

I like how you've given Aeris such incredible power. Normally Aeris is portrayed in the predictable way, weak, pathetic, no good for anything but Cloud & or Sephiroth's hormonal desires. You've bothered to make her useful in yet another way. Aeris IS Storm bwa ha ha.

That's all I have to say for now. Except that I wrote and submitted my first love scene last month. Over three thousand words, woot.
velvetnightmare chapter 11 . 2/5/2006
ack! i can already imagine aeris' reaction! haha!:p
AntiCensor chapter 6 . 2/4/2006
For a long time it seems like this story is just about Sephiroth being introduced to the notion that is Aeris, something pleasant and impossible for him to understand. But now he has taken something that is healing him, he and Aeris have shared a rather brief but luscious moment. Now we are seeing signs of a chase type of writing, and we still five more chapters which are not the end. It's cool that this story is going to be about more than Sephiroths recovery and Aeris and his gradual desire of one another. You have surpassed my expectations... again.

Sorry about neglecting this story lately, I've been a touch busy in my own world of reading and writing. Thomas Harris is a rather compelling writer.
AntiCensor chapter 5 . 1/20/2006
I don't think there's anything in particular that I like about this chapter, I just like it. Your prose is great, and how slowly you move things is really the way to go I think. I believe that everything in a story deserves lots of attention and I'm glad to find another author who understands that the same way.

I guess if we're talking about improvement I can think of one thing, but you wrote this so long ago so I'm not sure if it will be of any help, but here it goes anyway.

I'm kind of bugged when people use the phrase 'Their every fiber of their being' and other such vague things. I believe that if something is that profound, it deserves at least one or three whole paragraphs of elaboration. Maybe even more than that depending on what's being written.

In any event I'm going to catch up probably by next month, as I have five days of work ahead of me in my own story and five days before I update, by my standards that means I'm behind.

'til next time Noacat.
DemonSurfer chapter 11 . 1/14/2006
Like this story...Yah. Lotsa old stories updating this month. I say 'month', cuz my bro is on the net everyday and I don't get on very often. 'Bout ywice a week, I think. And then I get behind in my fics...
anna chapter 11 . 1/13/2006
omg! i HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS CHAPTER A REALLY LONG TIME~!

well, excuse me for the caps but just cant contain my happiness within my petite body anymore.

love u lots man! thank you for this wonderful chapter! just add another joy before my chinese new year! wooHOO!
113 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »