Reviews for Pause
Gabelet chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
Bittersweet, but wonderful.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Wow. You move between time periods seamlessly, and this is beautifully written. Every line adds something. Yay for Tuor fics! There aren't nearly enough of them.
Nol chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
This has such a lovely, surreal feel to it, like a mature, mellow song. Above all things this fic is about old age and memory. 'How terribly strange to be seventy'. Poignant without being sad, sweet without being overly joyous. I love the relationship he shares with the sea, and the world at large. I think this is perfect, and brilliantly crafted - a real jewel.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Beutiful, as always. I think that the last line was pure perfection.
Calanare Sairavanie chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
This is captivating... Such a beautiful little story, and it contains so much! It feels like I'm reading poetry, all the fragments could be taken out of the context and be read seperatly. Wonderful!
alena chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
Wow, this is beautiful. Just so beautiful. I love the way you chose the memories of the past, and the glimpses of the future; so many things are tied together. Deeply moving.
Nemis chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Poignant imagery, and I like how you use these kind of short scenes to give the essence of Tuor. Not only do you cover a lot of Middle-earth history in a short time, but you also bring the characters to life. Well done!
Tehta chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
I still like this, of course. The love between Tuor and Idril is very clearly drawn with only a few well-chosen phrases. "I can hear fall of your feet, even if no one else can." And the way you describe Turgon's reaction to Maeglin's betrayal is original and perceptive. Cheers, and may this review show up.
Itarille chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
Wonderful, wonderful story. The many flashbacks give it a lot of depth. And the last line is simply lovely. I'm adding it to my favorites.
Mouse chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
"But mortal dreams are alive with immortal thoughts ..." Yum. Softly written, melancholy, insightful. I love his response to whether he loves Idril. Beautiful story.