Reviews for A Second Chance
AckaRed chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I love this little one shot! I thought it was unfair that DemiDevimon was just digested ... I wanted to write a short one shot about DemiDevimon getting redemption, in the form of a foreign DigiDestined, but I haven't yet. Talking about the foreign DigiDestined ... I wonder how they met their partners? Maybe thinking about that could be a start to good one shots ...

Huh, now you mention it, Veemon and DemiDevimon have a similar voice ... I didn't think about it!
Kai Maciel chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
OMG! I had that same though 10 years ago when I first watched 02 and saw DemiVeemon for the first time. I always wondered what would be like if DemiDevimon came back as Veemon, it would be awesome! Good job!
crestoflight3 chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
...wow. If that really happened, the show would be even more awesome...I love Demidevimon. He's just trying to do a good job and get Myo to think better about him...that's cool how you got those two, Demidevi and Veemon, to be one and the same...cute!
icehizzari chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Wow, that was awesome. My highest compliment for any fanfiction (especially digimon) is one that I can imagine happening when watching the show. I've gotta' admit, I was sort of hoping that would happen from the middle of the story, but it wasn't that obvious. It makes a lot of sense, though-no wonder Veemon likes Gatomon so much! It seems like he goes farther back with her than Patamon, even-am I right? LOL
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Why *couldn't* this have happened? This is one of the neatest concepts for a Digimon story I've ever read! It would be so awesome if this had actually been the case.
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
"I am Qinglongmon, guardian of the Digital World."
One of four at least.
I kinda saw this coming given their slightly similar personalities and voices. But like another author told me, it's nice to see a 'human' side to enemies that most people just don't think about. Some think about the major players but never the 'grunts.'
"My name’s Veemon, but you can call me Veemon!"
"My name’s Veemon, but you can call me V-mon!"
I know it doesn't matter to your story, but Ryo actually met V-mon before Davis.
/yesterday/wonderswan/
Most people have him be the restarted form of Devimon. This is the first of it's kind that I've seen.
of the human captive,
of the human captives,
Loyalty is commendable, but you have always had the right to choose who you give your loyalty to.
Here here.
You now understand that hatred and cruelty lead to oblivion.
Does he? He knows his master just -used- him.
On a final note, it's a new twist on his fixation with Gatomon.
Your memories would be gone,
That's just plain scary.
Too bad in real life we only get one shot to get this game right, then we face the results with no way to turn back the clock.
behind his beard.
I think you can tell.
On a slight note, since the story was being told by V-mon's perspective, he wouldn't have known his body was 'new.'
Original. Good. Keep writng.
gerjomarty chapter 1 . 10/21/2003
Wow. now that was a good story about one of the lesser written about characters in Digimon. It was well overdue. I definatley wasn't expecting the twist at the end. I have to hand it to you, that was good! When you look at it, it does seem that Veemon and DemiDevimon share a lot of the same traits. great story, thanks!
Daisukesgirl1 chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
lol,that was a shocking end! Of course it would make most angry and huffy saying it could never whats it to anyone if its just a thought or two?good.
Debbie Dai-chan chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
wow! Demidevimon is my favorite Digimon and when I saw this fic, I just had to read it. The ending was totally unexpected! It also brought me to tears and there are few stories that does take me to tears. It's a really great and touching fic and it shows that there is a second chance for everybody. it's really great to see Demy having another chance. The guy deserved it. *sniffles* Excuse me. *hugs Demy*
Khatt chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
In all honesty, I think this is my favorite story on the net. It's just... the best.
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Sweet! Having DemiDevimon coming back as Veemon was a stroke of genius. I always did feel sorry for that flying bowling ball. At least we do know he didn't waste his second chance at life. A true second chance, not just simply being reformatted.
Nexus Prime chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
That's a cool idea anda great story!
GameGuardian2x chapter 1 . 2/19/2002
KAWAII! i love Demidevimon i'm bringing him back as a good guy in my fic.
tremor3258 chapter 1 . 1/28/2002
I found out I actually hadn't reviewed this yet (shock and horror).

Have I mentioned recently how much Silver rocks as an author? Whatever your position is on the couple wars, you have to admit that these stories are always brilliant and introspective.

this is a fun little piece into one of the most unlikely characters to have fanfiction of all. But it's done well, very well.
Ice Wolf17 chapter 1 . 10/5/2001
Awesome! Keep on writing!