Reviews for Zanarkand Sleeps
nixt j chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
Abel... That's in Al Bhed... it means, "epic". That is the only word I found appropriate, for something like this. Thank you... It's making me cry.
AuronLu chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
I only just found this story from Owlmoose's recommendation. AUs are magical, sad. They seem to be the only way to play with Auron, and yet we can never fundamentally change what he is or where he is going.

I love your almost Arthur-like end for him. Also, you didn't make Tidus a dork. The relationship between him and Auron is important and precious, and too many writers miss the mark.

Finally, despite the fact that this wasn't like FFX at all, it kept that mythic, bittersweet love and sadness about it: joy and life with loss and things left unfinished.

FFX... I never get tired of this world, because people keep finding more magic in it. Thank you.
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Great ficlet! Will there be a follow-up? Perhaps one that would be another version of getting the final calm?
vandevere chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
What a wonderful story. So sad...but wonderful...

Yes, there's more than a hint of the Arthurian Legend in this story. But, is Auron Arthur? Or is he Merlin?

The scene where he falls asleep in Tidus' arms is heart-rending, as were the lines, "They were gonna call you Grandpa."

This Auron would've made a great Grandpa...

Speaking of the Arthurian motif, is there any chance of a sequel?

How do things play out when the Dreamers awaken in your version of events?

Vandevere
runeko chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
I cried reading this story. It is great. The idea was original and you have a way of giving your stories that special something.
discordchick chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Aw wow that was an awesomely imaginative story. You really are good at writing .
Ayuka86 chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Wow. That was a well thought out and well written story. I really liked it, although at points I really wanted to cry. Thank you for writing such a good story.
kit chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Out of all the AU FFX fics I've read, this is my favorite. I like the way you handled the what if scenario here, Auron's impact on Zanarkand the most. It has a strong emotional impact most don't. I relly don't know what else to say but I like this and you do AUs really well.
Ember Silverly chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Wow. A truly wonderful story that stays true to the game. Very nicely done.
Grease the Spike lover chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
OMG! You killed Auron off. You cannot do that! I love Auron cos he is so cool! I read this and i cried at the end cos you killed Auron! (Rikku) You big meanie!
qirien chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I'm not normally into AUs, either, but you did a great job carrying on the same themes. The tragedy you show makes the bittersweet ending of FFX sweeter . . . :-)
owlmoose chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
I know this is an older story, but I just had to tell you how much I love it. It's such a beautiful piece - I discovered it awhile ago, but I just reread it and it still almost brought me to tears. The truth of the interaction between Tidus and Auron, your vision of both men 10 years on, the precarious balance between hope and despair as Auron learns what might have been... it's all just wonderful. I suppose this is more of a gush than a real review, but I just can't find much to criticize here.

Thank you for writing it.
CTHKSI chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Thought provoking. Though I'm not really sure what to think, other than that you write really well.
Katashen chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Brilliant! This is probably the best FFX story I've ever read. Your writing skills are magnificent and the whole idea is great. Just perfect!
klepto-maniac0 chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
GOOD STORY! I was, like, sniffling when I read this. It's a very good what if-I like how you did Tidus and Auron; more mature, stately, but still retaining the characteristics that make us love them. Good show. Good stuff. Write more FFX things.