Reviews for Sandwich Talk
jayfeather97 chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Very well-written, really enjoyed it thank you! (:
Crello chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Cute! Very cute! Without being overtly cute. *grins* Great descriptions, characterization, and interaction. I loved Maes being Maes.
lika chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
This is exactly why I don't really ship Roy and Hawkeye, but still find their relationship (or more accurately, her devotion to him) absolutely fascinating. It should be creepy - it is a little creepy, especially in how she turns down opportunities to remain with him - but she's still my favorite character. Hughes was a good "foil" (for lack of a better term) for her here, and I enjoyed their interaction in this fic a lot. Terrific piece, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for writing it.
momiji-k chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
So I usually filter the FMA fics by choosing Roy and Riza as the main characters. Tonight I ended up filtering Riza and Hughes by mistake (wasn't paying attention to what I was doing).

That was worth the mistake. I found an interesting (and very old) story here. Written 4 years ago, it's nice to see the stories that were written back when there was so much more to speculate. Given the information in the story I assume this was anime based.

Very well written and full of great details. I don't recognize your pen name so I am going to check if you have any other FMA fics. I crave some good writing, the Roy and Riza fics that are well written are really drying up these days. :( I guess I will need to broaden my filters intentionally from now on.
Meghan Zundel chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
I am really, really enjoying this story. It's really, really good! congrats! I really wish that there was more to read!
HeavenShallBurn chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
Brilliantly done.
Leni chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
I really enjoyed this down-to-earth look at the Roy/Riza relationship. That she stays and sacrifices herself to be there - not even to *help* because she knows that he won't behelped. That he lets her stay and sacrifice herself even though it goes against his principles and probably his honour.

That it s Hughes who lets her know, because Mustang *would* stay silent and sent her to the paperwork.

Really good.
CharmedReality chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
This story is so remarkably in keeping with the military side of the anime. The dynamic between Hawkeye and Mustang has always been very interesting to me, and I think this story could have easily been inserted into the anime. I adore Hughes as usual. He was an excellent character to set opposite Hawkeye because of thier dissimilarities and their shared (although to different ends) affections for Mustang.
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Nice description of the dynamics between Hawkeye and Mustang's working relationship. He needs her and she needs to believe in him. And still...I wonder about this dependence they have on one another. I always liked Hughes, I thought he was annoying at first...but he was really a smart guy who made others think he was ditzy. Nice one-shot.
Indille chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
Simply beautiful.

Hawkeye and Hughes, both in character... what more can I say? You've got them down perfectly.

(And sorry to leave a gushy review, but I couldn't help myself...)
Wot Wot Wark chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
wow! Definately one of the most in-character stories I ever read ... i loved it! Vivid descriptions and IC-ness is a great combination. :D You really did well! You're a great writer. :)
fxsans chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
that was nice. please write more if you can
Handsome Puppy chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
That's very wonderfully written! I haven't seen/read enough FMA to know whether they're in character or not, but I can definitely image the scene. Plus, I like those two, especailly Hawkeye. :)
information specialist chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Hughes, Hawkeye and some Roy is the icing on the cake. You kept Riza SO in character, which I find extremely difficult since she has so little screen time. But you did a wonderful job with her. I loved the plot. I find that my favorite fanfictions are those which can actually be part of the original work. And this one is so believable: her loyalty vs her career; with Hughes trying to steer her away and her resolve winning; when all the while he knew she would do so. Plus his hinting that he knows about her and Mustang..just wonderful. I'd love to read more.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 4/6/2004
Beautiful, Hawkeye and Hughes are /so/ in character! I liked this softer, less confident - and yet still determined - side of Liza.