Reviews for The Soul of the Game
Nancy CuddleKitten Nickeson chapter 21 . 10/24/2008
ok first of all your really good at this i tried to do this myself and failed so your number one on my favs list
Nanashi The Silver Fox chapter 23 . 12/28/2004
Extremely good story, but you know, instead of writing a huge thing for the card's effect, you could write a monster's stats in parenthises, and the effects of the cards, can be explained through the character's dialouge. At least that's what I do.

Example:"I'll summon, the Summoned Skull (2500/1200) in attack mode." (random character)

"Sorry, but my Ring of Destruction allows me to destroy a monster on the field and we'll both lose damage equal to its attack, I choose Blue Eyes!" (random character, but this actually happened in a duel with my friend.)

Anyways, I really like your story, and you should read mine, it's titled Duel Monsters Maximum: Dragoon Island Tournament.
VicApprentice chapter 26 . 11/15/2004
Yey! Another chapter! Quite interesting, though I must say that it's kind of hard to follow (just a lot of turning around and such...). There's only one thing that it needs...Me! *Cough* But yes, it's quite interesting. And I see Kuro's in there as well now.

Go Pikeru!
VicApprentice chapter 25 . 11/3/2004
I must admit, at first I wasn't sure how you'd keep the story interesting going from a Yami's perspective, but you did it fairly well. I don't really mind the amount of detail in it, and since I already know what the cards do anyway I can just skip the explanations, so it all works out very well. Keep up the work!
Zircon chapter 25 . 9/11/2004
_ I like this story a lot more now. And there was a question I was going to ask you... I forget. I'll probably remember come your next chapter, though...
Zircon chapter 24 . 9/11/2004
Wau. So much better! If you are going to redo the other chapters, I can't wait for you to do so!
Zircon chapter 23 . 9/11/2004
*sigh* The truth is, no one agrees with me, because no one knows who I am. Because I just happen to be a rather bossy perfectionist. I just read the three reviews... and I feel like an idiot. Again.

Anyway, I am very impressed. See, I don't like people who don't take things seriously, because by that I usually judge their take on life. People that goof off or don't care get on my nerves... arr...

I have a friend named Tifanie. Yes, spelled like that. Since you didn't give a description, I was having my friend take her place, and for some reason I felt guilty for doing it. I wanted you to change it a wee bit for that reason.

And I do too have some fanfics! ...They just aren't up yet...
Anonymous chapter 22 . 9/6/2004
Um...I agree with everything she said about your grammer. Your spacing is really inconsistant, too! I think you're too preoccupied with just getting the chapters up. Take some pride in your work man! Quality is everything!
Zircon chapter 22 . 9/5/2004
*Not impressed* The card Raigeki isn't a quick play magic card, and therefore couldn't be played in Mark's turn, and you accidentally misspelled 'Summoned Skull' and summon skull.

I must really be getting on your nerves now, and for that I'm sorry. It's just so... so... PITIFUL! There! I said it!

Hmm... In that case, it must be asked. How old are you? Minimum of grade 5 and under I'll understand, but this is getting ridiculous... Fwahaha, I'm so mean.
Zircon chapter 21 . 9/5/2004
Again, this chapter could have been better. I know I said this before, but... Try to describe things a little better. If you go play by play like you did there, and only describe what is going on so bluntly, it's not too great. I swear, by all that is corn, if the next chapter is any better I'll be impressed.
Zircon chapter 20 . 9/5/2004
Okay, before I continue to read this, I HAVE to tell you... Cloths is cloth plural. If you mean clothes, as in the things you wear, please change it, or I will forever have the impression that Tiffany is very VERY poor. Oh, yes, and...

“If you’re nervous, why don’t you go upstairs and wait.
K-316 chapter 21 . 7/24/2004
Cool chapter!,update soon! JA NE! _
Zircon chapter 19 . 6/11/2004
Wow. I got in pretty late for this one. I usually find good fics at the second chapter! I've been slacking.

Anyway, It's really good, but the beginning was a little abrupt, as are most of the big plot twists and such. I don't expect you to do anything about it, though, because it's made my top ten nevertheless.

K-316 chapter 16 . 5/24/2004
Wow! nice chapter so far! update soon!JA NE! _
Axel-Wildfire chapter 14 . 5/13/2004
Hiya Cybersphere,
Seriously! I'm not kidding! The duels rock, Yami's an evil litle bugger (VR Games my butt) just the way he should be, and 'Bakura' is a cool character. Erm... could you maybe include a monsters ATK and DEF when they get played? (Like, 'Summon Dark Magician (2500/2100)') because doing the math really hurts my hed. Well, cya later!