Reviews for The Soul of the Game
Nancy CuddleKitten Nickeson chapter 21 . 10/24/2008
ok first of all your really good at this i tried to do this myself and failed so your number one on my favs list
Nanashi The Silver Fox chapter 23 . 12/28/2004
Extremely good story, but you know, instead of writing a huge thing for the card's effect, you could write a monster's stats in parenthises, and the effects of the cards, can be explained through the character's dialouge. At least that's what I do.

Example:"I'll summon, the Summoned Skull (2500/1200) in attack mode." (random character)

"Sorry, but my Ring of Destruction allows me to destroy a monster on the field and we'll both lose damage equal to its attack, I choose Blue Eyes!" (random character, but this actually happened in a duel with my friend.)

Anyways, I really like your story, and you should read mine, it's titled Duel Monsters Maximum: Dragoon Island Tournament.
VicApprentice chapter 26 . 11/15/2004
Yey! Another chapter! Quite interesting, though I must say that it's kind of hard to follow (just a lot of turning around and such...). There's only one thing that it needs...Me! *Cough* But yes, it's quite interesting. And I see Kuro's in there as well now.

Go Pikeru!
VicApprentice chapter 25 . 11/3/2004
I must admit, at first I wasn't sure how you'd keep the story interesting going from a Yami's perspective, but you did it fairly well. I don't really mind the amount of detail in it, and since I already know what the cards do anyway I can just skip the explanations, so it all works out very well. Keep up the work!
Zircon chapter 25 . 9/11/2004
_ I like this story a lot more now. And there was a question I was going to ask you... I forget. I'll probably remember come your next chapter, though...
Zircon chapter 24 . 9/11/2004
Wau. So much better! If you are going to redo the other chapters, I can't wait for you to do so!
Zircon chapter 23 . 9/11/2004
*sigh* The truth is, no one agrees with me, because no one knows who I am. Because I just happen to be a rather bossy perfectionist. I just read the three reviews... and I feel like an idiot. Again.

Anyway, I am very impressed. See, I don't like people who don't take things seriously, because by that I usually judge their take on life. People that goof off or don't care get on my nerves... arr...

I have a friend named Tifanie. Yes, spelled like that. Since you didn't give a description, I was having my friend take her place, and for some reason I felt guilty for doing it. I wanted you to change it a wee bit for that reason.

And I do too have some fanfics! ...They just aren't up yet...
Anonymous chapter 22 . 9/6/2004
Um...I agree with everything she said about your grammer. Your spacing is really inconsistant, too! I think you're too preoccupied with just getting the chapters up. Take some pride in your work man! Quality is everything!
Zircon chapter 22 . 9/5/2004
*Not impressed* The card Raigeki isn't a quick play magic card, and therefore couldn't be played in Mark's turn, and you accidentally misspelled 'Summoned Skull' and summon skull.

I must really be getting on your nerves now, and for that I'm sorry. It's just so... so... PITIFUL! There! I said it!

Hmm... In that case, it must be asked. How old are you? Minimum of grade 5 and under I'll understand, but this is getting ridiculous... Fwahaha, I'm so mean.
Zircon chapter 21 . 9/5/2004
Again, this chapter could have been better. I know I said this before, but... Try to describe things a little better. If you go play by play like you did there, and only describe what is going on so bluntly, it's not too great. I swear, by all that is corn, if the next chapter is any better I'll be impressed.
Zircon chapter 20 . 9/5/2004
Okay, before I continue to read this, I HAVE to tell you... Cloths is cloth plural. If you mean clothes, as in the things you wear, please change it, or I will forever have the impression that Tiffany is very VERY poor. Oh, yes, and...

“If you’re nervous, why don’t you go upstairs and wait.
Shun Usagi chapter 21 . 7/24/2004
Cool chapter!,update soon! JA NE! _
Zircon chapter 19 . 6/11/2004
Wow. I got in pretty late for this one. I usually find good fics at the second chapter! I've been slacking.

Anyway, It's really good, but the beginning was a little abrupt, as are most of the big plot twists and such. I don't expect you to do anything about it, though, because it's made my top ten nevertheless.

jaa
Shun Usagi chapter 16 . 5/24/2004
Wow! nice chapter so far! update soon!JA NE! _
Axel-Wildfire chapter 14 . 5/13/2004
Hiya Cybersphere,
THIS FIC ROCKS!
Seriously! I'm not kidding! The duels rock, Yami's an evil litle bugger (VR Games my butt) just the way he should be, and 'Bakura' is a cool character. Erm... could you maybe include a monsters ATK and DEF when they get played? (Like, 'Summon Dark Magician (2500/2100)') because doing the math really hurts my hed. Well, cya later!
Axel_Wildfire0