Reviews for Trust In Friendship
Sanchica chapter 5 . 8/20/2010
I just started to read your stories but I have one thing to say: YOU ARE SO FULL OF AWESOME!

Wow, I mean, really wow… The cartoon series was so cool, but your plots as just as good, even better. More than just fanfiction, I can picture your words turned into animated images, the voices of the characters saying the words you wrote, the plots so well crafted… I’m sorry if I seem vague, but I’m really very delighted reading your stories and I just can’t get a grip on my own thoughts.

This one in particular made me a very happy fangirl. The idea is very original and fresh, not to mention beautifully developed. As a hardcore Eric fan, I thank you for giving him the depth he deserved as a character. You were faithful to what we saw of him in the cartoon, but went deeper to all those hints, and many times explicit scenes, of courage and loyalty that our dearest Cavalier showed.

Thank you again for bringing back to life a series that reminds me some of the better days of my childhood :o)
Bluetiger chapter 5 . 2/15/2008
I've really enjoyed reading this fic, its a very well crafted story, everyone seemed to be in character (with the possible exception of Hank's growing resentment of Eric, but anything that makes Hank seem slightly less perfect and more human can only be an improvement), and the new parts of the realm that you have created fit right in with the style of the show. :)
araym chapter 5 . 10/31/2006
Although D&D isn't my favourite fandom it's still rather high on my list :-) So it's good to read well written D&D fic.
Sealgirl chapter 5 . 1/21/2005
Hi Rana,

*lays the freshly-caught Salmon of Thanks at Rana’s feet* I LOVE reviews!

About the guys not swapping weapons…

I’m surprised no one brought this up sooner. It’s actually a very deep question, but the main fact is they NEVER seem to use each other’s weapons, as if somehow they were cosmically “meant” to be the people they were. (And how else could you explain the fact that Eric got the trainee Knight weapon when he was such a pain in the arse!) It’s as if they “know” they’re magically tied to the weapons they were given.

There were a number of opportunities for the guys to use each other’s weapons, but they didn’t. The obvious one is Eric not using Hank’s Bow in the “Winds of Darkness”. And I’ve always wondered why one of the gang didn’t use Bobby’s Club against the Orcs in fight for Cloud-Bear-City, they had it all the time they were there.

But it is true that the Lizard-men are difficult to explain away. But perhaps while the weapons of power were in the hands of Evil, they behaved differently. (Venger used them all together to form a big ball of red light, I think it was in “the Hall of Bones”)

And as for Uni… perhaps, as a magical creature, she has an empathy with the Hat. She did get it to work perfectly, after all. Either that or Presto was VERY lucky.

But mean time, I’ve changed one of the lines in ch 2 to imply that they “know” they can’t change back without magical help. Whether they could or not can be well argued either way.

And as for the other thing…

*tries to look contrite but fails*

Yeah, I know. Re-editing TIF had been at the bottom of my to-do-list for ages.

But the odd thing is that it was ready and done the day you reviewed! I am trying to put up my own D&D site, and I was going to put a revised TIF up there (as there are one or two things I want to change, nothing serious but just little things that annoy me). Is it perfect…probably not. Is it better…*crosses fingers*

And DH… well, um, I’m working on it.

*does tricks for fish and reviews*

Sealgirl
Rana Kane chapter 5 . 1/20/2005
Overall, this was an incredible story. I only had two major problems with it.

Plotwise, I wondered why the young ones didn't simply switch weapons back to what they were used to, regardless of their new outfits. Seems the first thing they should have done.

They saw the Lizard Men having no problem using their weapons in "Servant of Evil," and Presto has even seen Uni successfully use his Hat in "Presto Spells Disaster." But none of them so much as mentioned trading weapons. For as dire as the situation was, it's hard to imagine Hank (or any of them, really) not trying that right off.

All it needed to fix this was for them to try it, discover it didn't work for some reason, so they switch back to the "wrong" way and go about their business.

The other thing was all the common errors: missing words, misplaced commas, wrong words (i.e. "to" for "too"), etc. There were at least two sentences where it seemed they had started off worded one way, then were changed, but the original wording was still in there with the new wording. I guess I'm just not used to seeing you make those kinds of mistakes. But then, this was your first story here. :)

Hank as Barbarian was a really sexy idea. I liked that mental image. ;) And I enjoyed Eric getting his due. That felt good. A very welcome touch of gore there.

Good suspense too! Even right at the very end of the fight, I didn't know what was going to happen.

An enjoyable read. I started, and couldn't stop until I'd finished it. I love your ideas. I can't wait for "Darkest Hours" to be updated!
Kat chapter 5 . 9/14/2004
Hey Seagirl, its me, Kat from town of Helix message board.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading that story, I a very big Eric fan, so any story revolving around that Character will score big in my opinion!

You done the Agnst thing so well, I found myself feeling so sorry for Eric but also understanding completely why Hank and the others felt so angry at the way-ward Cavalier, even though I knew poor ol' Eric was really beating himself up with worry over what happened with no-name.

I'm busy trying to write me own Fan-fiction, and I just hope I can do as good a job as you have.

Look forward to reading the rest of your work.

Take care.

Kat.
Groovy Angel chapter 2 . 8/29/2004
So far so good. I love your characterization (especially of Eric - he is my fave character in D&D.) I've added this story to my favourites list in case I don't get around to reading it all now.
Karin1 chapter 5 . 6/5/2004
I was so happy to see that you had updated! And what a wonderful fifth chapter it was! It was really exciting, especially the fight with The Warlock. I'm glad they defeated it and got their own powers back! Your story was also very in character. Especially Eric who sounded just like...well, Eric!

I was a huge Dungeons & Dragons fan and I'm so glad that there are still people like you who want to keep the show alive with their stories. Thank you for that, because I like going back in time now and again. Well, now I'm off to read your next story. I'm sure I will enjoy that one just as much as I enjoyed this one!

Karin1 chapter 4 . 5/30/2004
This story is really exciting! Poor kids, not being able to go home because they have to save Eric. I just hope that he's all right. And that they can beat Venger and Warlock. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Karin1 chapter 3 . 5/3/2004
Oh wow...I'm so glad you updated this story. It's great, well written and definitely makes me wonder what's going to happen to Eric. I also like the way you write the others. Very believable and in character. I can imagine them struggling with their new powers.
Keep up the good work!
Karin1 chapter 2 . 4/17/2004
Oh wow...great story! It has a really interesting plot and great characterization. I've truly enjoyed the first two chapters and I hope you will continue soon, because I can't wait to find out what will happen next.
Tiamat11 chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
Hahaha I didn't see that twist coming lol. Very good, well writen. I look forward to reading more.