Reviews for Phoenix From the Ashes
RxF chapter 6 . 9/14/2013
Oh no ... if they can travel within time, they can come back, too, isn't it? I kept think about if there are "lots" in Dimension, Raiha would be able to bring one out for Fuuko while I read every words ( Isn't it a good idea? )
The brief introduction leads me think about at least Raiha will ask Fuuko's willing (come or not), but actually he still choose burying his (and her) grievous hopelessness...
He cares, and she cares. The more they care each other the more suffering, but it is also impossible they don't care. - all right, I must admits first, the more sorrow within them, the more attractiveness will be with Raiha x Fuuko. That imperfection constructs the whole world -
I really hope if in this case, at least Raiha would feel more grief than this. I can tell within this fiction and The Onsen Encounter, even you draw out an attention on Raiha's smile and grin, I totally can not feel smile. His disguise only took off while he touch Fuuko's cheek beside the onsen, and maybe, the anger when he hear Joker leaving those girls suffer from pining. All the other time, they are all heart-stressing. In your story, this Raiha is too much mature(or in your word, dark?) and less intimacy even in front of his peers. It is really a complicate and heavy spirit, including so many unnamed emotion. And Fuuko knows that. She knew it, and this maybe why she cares. This Fuuko is also very mature somehow. Funny enough, since they are so mature with their relationship, even they are doomed, the hurt/memory will always there, and erode them. Some more about my thoughts, I always believe Fuuko is the one who can help Raiha release his dark, at least, a part.
Your "they" are very different, but I like it. BTW, the mature Raiha appears in every yours' fiction, it is a rather obvious feature when you draw a picture on him. It gives a very different feeling, but still within field, and it made up a successful impress. I noticed this when I first read your Yume. Anyway, I like your style. Domon's part was really nice.
Back to this story, I really think Raiha owe Fuuko something, at least a proper date; or at least least, give her a real smile. (Come on! he just keep running away :'( and if it's possible, give her that madougu !
I am in such a dilemma. The origin FoR did not give them happiness, half of me really want them could have happy life at least in FanFiction; while half of me really don't mind some sad stories ( or not-so-happy stories), it always remind me how much I love this pair for these 15 years.
It is a very nice story. Thanks.
Fred Dumpling chapter 6 . 11/25/2007
I love your representation of these characters, particularly Joker. I also like that you took Domon, who usually falls into the background in fan fiction, and brought his feelings and perspective into some light. I see that this is a few years old. I hope you haven't stopped writing! Your stories are really something; I don't usually enjoy fan fiction.
Author Pen Name chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Ah...It's true that joker was disposed of in flame of recca but, if you read a certain manga called Marchen Awaken Romance or MAR for short it has a familliar character named Nanashi (no name...go figure) that closely or even almost as Joker. He may still live on!
Scarlet7 chapter 6 . 3/24/2004
that's it? and here i was thinking it would be long! anyway... fuuko chose domon over raiha... it's kinda acceptable in the story but i don't think she'll ever do that... like she said, it's the chemistry! anyway, your fic's well-written and really nice... _
xabie chapter 6 . 3/17/2004
Erm I'm confused. Is this the end? I'm hoping not. But then again. Maybe it is? The "The End" in bold at the end kinda threw me. Anywhoo, I agree with you about the cat returning home, but I still think that they would have taken some pre-cautions about Joker's sudden reappearence. Especially since he was "dead", so to speak. All the more, they would suspect something? But then, I'm just being nitpicky. Nice chapter, by the way!
Tanuki-chan chapter 5 . 3/12/2004
Joker's alive~! ::hugs Joker:: Yay! Personally, I've never supported the RaiFuu bandwagon, if only because I think it'll never happen. I mean, come on! The manga clearly stated that Fuuko and Domon belonged together, and the only reason why it's not a popular couple is because . . . well, it's Domon. Frankly, I can't see Fuuko being tied down to anyone at all, but if I had to pick someone for her to go with, it'd be Domon. And your story is one of those rare few that actually HAS Domon in it for more than humorous purposes. Actually, I don't think Raiha was ever interested in Fuuko as a love interest. Raiha . . . doesn't strike me as the type that goes for love.
I'm confused about one thing, though. When Joker said they were going to meet up with Kurei, did he mean in the past, the other Dimension, or in the present? I don't understand why Raiha would break up with Fuuko if all they were going to do was drag Koganei and Kurei back to the present.
Scarlet7 chapter 5 . 3/11/2004
i pity fuuko... two men unexpectedly abandoned her! _ why is raiha acting that way? anyway, will this turn out to be a raifuu? please update! _
Kupo Stiltzkin chapter 3 . 3/7/2004
I can only hope that this will have a happy ending... bottou-chan, thanks for writing the sequel of Onsen Adventure. _
*Sigh* Sometimes I hope that Raiha isn't so loyal to Kurei.
Virginia Choir chapter 3 . 3/7/2004
Aw... isn't Fuuko's heart saddened by his words... bad Raiha... Anyway, I think she and Domon would do just fine together.
xabie chapter 2 . 3/6/2004
Hello! I read this on the ML and was just waiting for it to be posted here so I could review.
I like the way you brought our dearest Joker back. What sort of irked me was how Raiha and Neon so easily accepted the fact that he did not die. I mean they are the uruha people, wouldn't they be more cautious? After all, this joker could be some kind of trick.
Also, I'm guessing this is a Raifu fic eh? _ yeah well, ok... I'll still stick around to read this even if I'm not really a fan of that pairing.
Other than that, I like it. Really, update soon!
Tenken no Miko chapter 2 . 3/6/2004
Keep writing! And I agree it was a stupid way to kick Joker out of the show. In my opinion, he should have stayed!
trimurti chapter 2 . 3/6/2004
I had to see if you were still writing, and I have to say that I'm not surprised to see that you still are! I only have a few things to say:
1. I'm not exactly enthused to see *yet another* Fuuko romance, but I know that you'll bring something new to the table. I'm sorry, that sounded pretty negative.
2. exactly would Raiha know about the supposed 'black hole' incident with Joker anyway? From what I inferred from that chapter, the only Uruha to have instinctively felt that Joker disappeared was Kurei. Should I assume that Raiha and Neon found out from Kirito, who was the only person who witnessed it?
3. Personally, I thought that the transition from Joker's arrival to the reference to the prequel onsen story to 'several months later' was a bit weird. I guess I'm too used to obvious scene changes...
Overall, I'm curious to see what this Joker's intentions are, seeing as he's talking about things that 'can't' have happened...or did they? Hm. I'm ambivalent about the Raiha/Fuuko situation, though, but I'll like to see how you'll pan that one out. Considering it was your stories that got me into writing FoR fanfiction, I'm nothing but optimistic at this point!
By the way, thanks for your review of 'Last Night of the Firefly', especially since it was the first story where I decided to work on 'quiet drama'. I was curious to see how you were doing from that review. However, I've fallen off the FoR wagon, probably for good.