Reviews for Shadows from the Fire
Ocecat007 chapter 7 . 3/17/2008
This was definitely different than most other NWN fanfics, and I applaud you for that. It was a real refresher to read, and enjoyable if not tragic. Very well written too, which makes it even more of a treat.
Tasharene chapter 7 . 9/18/2004
Oh, gosh... that was absolutely breathtaking. I am your humble servant and admirer. The story, the plot, the style - just awesome. Thank you for this fic.
axilya chapter 7 . 9/14/2004
wow, just love the epilogues. I agree that the changing clothes scene is awesome. I giggled over it like nuts. I enjoyed reading all the chapters and your lyrical writing style just captures my attention. :) Hope to read more of your story.
Chaos Githzerai chapter 7 . 9/8/2004
I've been waiting for these! _

I really like the scene where Mercutia's changing in front of Valen. *snickers* Poor, poor Valen. The conversation between Deekin and Valen was also enjoyable, but my favorite is the Turn Undead scene. I never cared much for Lanari.

I agree with Lady Winde when she said that the happy ending wouldn't work for this story. It wouldn't because it would just heave all of the sugnificance out the window. Sometimes people can't be saved when they fall.

I -love- the ending with the Planetar! He and Mercutia would've made a great couple! Well, at least I think so.

You are a very gifted author and I look forward to reading more of your stories.
lady winde chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
it's always a pleasure to help you out miss icey_cold. you know the turn undead is my favorite snippet and for good reason. heehee man i can't stop giggling over it. i like the additions and revisions. ah turn undead... XD that's so great.

As for the alternative ending concerning the ever fantastical sleeping man, i could see the winged man pulling mercutia out of the darkness. i have no problem seeing the paladin fight that the whole way through either. the sleeping man succumbing to the darkness, however, is very hard for me to take. he is someone willing to wait for his one true love and he's waited a good deal patiently. if he can do that and wait all those years there would be little hope indeed for the sm to become super evil tainted sm.

as much of a sucker i am for happy endings, the perfect ending just would not fit this story. darkness was the way to go and mercutia you wave that evil banner of... evilness proudly!

can’t wait for future works! keep it up, miss_icey!

lady winde
arrow maker chapter 7 . 9/5/2004
O_O *speechless*

O_O
lady winde chapter 5 . 7/28/2004
i'd review chapter six but apparently is adament that i review chapter 5. (bah silly silly )

anyways, can i just say who saw this coming? i mean who! :D poor deekin, poor merc, and *sob* poor valen!(yes that's my biased coming out tehe
Chaos Githzerai chapter 6 . 7/20/2004
Wow! This was a truly awesome story which kept getting better and better as I read from Chapter One. Excellent work, you are a genius!
celestine chapter 6 . 7/20/2004
awesome story, one that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Hope to read more of your works. _
Lilivati chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
Maybe it was wrong, but I was so shocked at your ending I was LAUGHING. Great job- I love surprises, and I loved that you broke the stereotype of the romantic story. Don't change a thing about it. ;)
arrow maker chapter 6 . 7/14/2004
that was so good. But please don't make that the end! Please make a sequel or something!
Eep chapter 6 . 7/13/2004
Oh, that was WAY mean. Well written, but WAY mean. Poor Valen and Deekin. *tear*
kaycie51782 chapter 6 . 7/12/2004
NO! That can't be the end!

I didn't like Deekin all that much but he didn't deserve that!

Anywho, that story was absolutely amazing! I like how you brought the reader into Mercutia's mind during her struggle. I do hope that you continue to post other stories here for I love your writing style and would love to read more of your works.

GREAT JOB!
PhoebeZaeliea chapter 4 . 7/6/2004
OH GODS! DON'T LEAVE OFF THERE!

I liked it a lot...great writing...BUT I WANT A HAPPY ENDING! *cries*
Marilith chapter 4 . 6/27/2004
hey havent been back to read alot but wow I so love the new chapters you put in.

Plz keep up the very very good work.

I love that it is not all and rosegarden and that valen and Mercutia isnt just dancing in the clouds. The writing is wonderfull and very descriptive, I so love ppl who actually describe in thier writings, though I am not as good at that myself

Plz bring more *hugz*