Reviews for Holmes and Watson: Study in Scarlet
Isis the Sphinx chapter 11 . 3/16/2010
Not bad, not bad. You do know that reading big blocks of dialouge/text is difficult, right?

Looking forward to more. Keep writing!
Komikitty chapter 11 . 6/10/2005
I can't believe you didn't get more reviews for this! It's wonderful, absolutely wonderful! I look forward to reading more of your work. _
blah chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
Need an editor? I'd love to help...mainly with Wicked as I don't know anything about Sherlock and Holmes. If you're interested in my help, eviltoothfairy01
laurenann chapter 11 . 9/6/2004
oh thank god you are working on more of this series. i love what you are doing with the characters, i always wondered what watson would be like as a girl. keep up the good work!
Lady Rurouni chapter 11 . 9/5/2004
Extremely interesting. However, I noticed that your writing style wavered (at times) to the mushy side when you are building on the chemistry between Holmes and "Watson". The glaring examples are found in chapter 4 (the trip to question Rance) and chapter 5 (teaching Laura how to shoot).

Right now, the original plot is being used largely as the backbone of the fanfiction. On one hand, your work is truly intriguing to read. Yet, in an unfortunate sense, that has become the major factor why you are able to set a comfortable pace and build precise characterisation on the overall at all. Bluntly speaking, this fanfiction is successful more due to Sir Doyle's genius than your own capability (of course, not that your idea isn't good in the first place). But the fact is, your lack in the writing style solely makes the clumsy moments in this fanfiction.

There is such a difference that I am able to pinpoint the areas where your own blundering creativity is mixed into Sir Doyle's work. That is because your have yet to blend your writing style well enough into his. Your writing style tends to be, well, more rushed, more... mushy. You savour your words and thought processes less. It leaves much to be wanting.

I would suggest that you try not to rush the development between the two characters. Give their characterisation more weight; it's how you have to write it. (Sir Doyle did that. But YOU have to do that too.)

I understand that since "Watson" is now a female, there is a need for a new and different relationship development from Sir Doyle's literature. However, any fanfiction (AU or otherwise), no matter how fantastic the storyline, can be written in a comfortable down-to-earth depending on the capabilities of the writer. It is after all for the sake of appealing to the readers' sensibilities. It is about the ability to communicate your ideas and feel to people.

All in all, I love your idea and will be watching out for your new Sherlock Holmes fanfiction. Thanks for writing.
melissa chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
really like your story. please update soon.
Sigerson chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
Wow, great concept! I never would have thought of that. Very intriguing. You've really managed to capture Holmes' eccentricity, though I think Victorian ideals might have kept him from berating Laura like that. Please write more!
gryphonlike mage chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
very good... please write more... it leaves off at an interesting point.