Reviews for The Simple Things
Anon chapter 1 . 2/15
A true and lasting romance then :)
Danielle chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
oh god. you're amazing.
97 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
quite lovely :) my guess to your allusion is the way Faramir brings Éowyn a drink, as Castle does for Beckett
Darkover chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Dear Lady Wenham: So sweet, and so true! Your story is succinct and completely right. How could any fan of LotR seriously doubt that Eowyn loved Faramir? You know, I just recently found your stories here at FFN by serendipity. I'm beginning to think you are one of the better authors when it comes to accurate portrayals of Faramir's character, as Tolkien meant for him to be portrayed-and Eowyn, too. Well done!
Lecidre chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Wow... This is the most touching Faramir/Eowyn fanfic I've ever read so far. Gosh, I nearly cried when I read this... Every 'simple thing' described here is absolutely sweet and lovely. Any reader could feel the depth of their love in this beautifully written one-shot.

Thanks for writing this! You surely captured all the perfect moments between Faramir and Eowyn. Great job! :]
Cariad-je chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
That was lovely. Short and sweet, literally! I really liked the bit about small gestures "being predictable as the dawn", that fit so.

Very little to say in way of criticism... perhaps the beginning could have been a little stronger, but that did allow the emotion to be built up all the more as it progressed. Generally though it was wonderfully uncluttered while conveying all it needed to.

"A scholar... he walked in worlds others cannot imagine" - to me that sounded just like a description of Tolkien :)

(At first I misread the ending, as "and that was precisely how she loved him back"... the missing 'knew' changing the whole meaning :) did a double take, but I like to imagine that was how she did love!)

Really, you capture so nicely the beauty of love.
hplotrfan chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
I married Faramir. This is a wonderful description of their life and love. I can't help but swoon over this description. She even likes her tea the way I do. Bravo,BRAVO
The One Called Demetra chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Oh, wow! It's wonderful storie slike these that tell me I really need to reread lotr. Love the last line.
Evengeline chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
It was beautiful. I mean, it was realistic but at the same time it managed to be so romantic. I loved it.
Lilan chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
LOL...never knew Eowyn was a tea person! And "lemon, no sugar" is exactly how I prefer it myself.

I loved the story, and was surprised to see those litcrit-type nitpicks. I like it because it doesn't have either "Eowyn settled for Faramir because she couldn't have anyone better" or "Faramir picked up Aragorn's leftover woman." That's a lovely, reassuring oneshot, for once devoid of all the gratuitous angst, guilt complex, trauma etc., etc. I'm relieved that someone, somewhere, can write two believable, strong, mature adults who know how to appreciate life and its gifts.

Thanks for a great read!
GOGreen13 chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
That was soo TRUE!

It is a good,moving story that I'll reasd when I get attacked by Stider/Eowyn captured the essense of faramir so well.
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
That was lovely. Nothing else to say. :)
Miss Quartermain chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
So sweet.
Aurora West chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
This was wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
misscam chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Very evocative. Short, but it still manages to get the point across and has a quiet loveliness about it. Thank you.