Reviews for The Simple Things
Elvish Hobbit chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
Beautiful. For last one year I have developed this fondness for romance and your story truly was the kind of love I appreciate.

"It was never some colossal deed or declaration that captured her heart. He never strove to be more than what he was in her eyes. He never had to. His love for her was never about causing the pitter-patter of her heart or the feel of butterflies in her stomach; those things came all on their own. His love was expressed the little things he did – things that spoke unmistakably of his abiding devotion to her." This part capturede me here. So beautiful and soulful.
Alatariel-Galadriel chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Oh this is absolutely beautiful! Marvelous job!
Magdalenara chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
Wow. Really, really well done. You managed to convey a wide range of emotions and to create a whole story for these two characters in only a short amount of lines. That's truly a talent.

Keep up the good work!
Love, Mag
anthi35 chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
wonderful this devotion and kindness is true love in my opinion
Anon chapter 1 . 5/11/2015
Beautiful! So short and simple; but yet so sweet and beautiful! Hehe makes me want my own Faramir. (:
RoyalBardofCanterlot chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Very nice. Eowyn really does love Faramir
Joy E chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
I love the poetry and how it flows. Words holds a lot of magic ways to convey the message in whatever form and shpe.
The Hare and the Otter chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Aww. :)
Anon chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
A true and lasting romance then :)
Danielle chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
oh god. you're amazing.
97 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
quite lovely :) my guess to your allusion is the way Faramir brings Éowyn a drink, as Castle does for Beckett
Darkover chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Dear Lady Wenham: So sweet, and so true! Your story is succinct and completely right. How could any fan of LotR seriously doubt that Eowyn loved Faramir? You know, I just recently found your stories here at FFN by serendipity. I'm beginning to think you are one of the better authors when it comes to accurate portrayals of Faramir's character, as Tolkien meant for him to be portrayed-and Eowyn, too. Well done!
Lecidre chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Wow... This is the most touching Faramir/Eowyn fanfic I've ever read so far. Gosh, I nearly cried when I read this... Every 'simple thing' described here is absolutely sweet and lovely. Any reader could feel the depth of their love in this beautifully written one-shot.

Thanks for writing this! You surely captured all the perfect moments between Faramir and Eowyn. Great job! :]
Cariad-je chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
That was lovely. Short and sweet, literally! I really liked the bit about small gestures "being predictable as the dawn", that fit so.

Very little to say in way of criticism... perhaps the beginning could have been a little stronger, but that did allow the emotion to be built up all the more as it progressed. Generally though it was wonderfully uncluttered while conveying all it needed to.

"A scholar... he walked in worlds others cannot imagine" - to me that sounded just like a description of Tolkien :)

(At first I misread the ending, as "and that was precisely how she loved him back"... the missing 'knew' changing the whole meaning :) did a double take, but I like to imagine that was how she did love!)

Really, you capture so nicely the beauty of love.
hplotrfan chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
I married Faramir. This is a wonderful description of their life and love. I can't help but swoon over this description. She even likes her tea the way I do. Bravo,BRAVO
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »